Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dave

Finally Lost faith in Kelly?

sure..they had decided that they were beat and wanted exec boxes for life to close the deal...not gonna happen..MM's a business man...how much would they be worth if he was sucessful?

seeing as he's only giving them 20p in the pound it seems a bit mean to me.

I find it hard to understand how Kelly can be both coach and manager.

I just don't know how he can expect do both jobs properly and, to me, the evidence suggests that he can't.

I've really been concerned about the prospects of another managerial upheaval for the simple reason that the managerial options don't seem to promise anything better. Just other variations on the same misguided theme.

Times I've wished he RK would get his head up and see what the fans see.

So many concerns have been detailed by those fans but nothing seems to improve.

No-one expects miracles any more. Simple progress would be welcomed.

But I sat in the KOP Saturday and it was like being at Gilroes for much of the time. Hardly a sound for long periods and the frustration among fans close to me was undisguised.

We are in the entertainment business. Does RK not realise this?.

And the vital factors of our particular entertainment are goals and victories. The two are inevitably interlinked.

We've scored at precisely the rate expected, one goal a game. Half of the minimum requirement really.

There is no excitement or passion about the team.

But Kelly seems to refuse to accept the reasons much less to act on them. And the reasons are in defence and midfield. Perhaps even in the system.

It simply cannot go on. You cannot have an attack isolated from the defence and midfield because we lack the speed and stamina to support and the creativity or imagination to outhink defenders. But most important we need the will to drive forward and players with the ability to drive forward.

That's pathetic..I've answered your question...wait till the 6th and you'll see!

why?

if you've put £100k into the club and your going to lose £80k on the deal you'd want some sort of sweetener.

I was undecided on RK as I live in Canada and really haven't seen City play in a couple of years ( we only get the prem on tv). But I have been thinking over the last couple of weeks that a lot of teams don't necessarily have good players but they have good managers that can motivate them to perform above themselves week after week. ( A good example of this might be Warnock)

However having just read on the internet he has set a target of 16 pts from 16 games then I must say he has to go. What kind of crap is that ? Saying they only have to avg a pt a game for the rest of the season ?

He should be demanding they win every game and give there all to have the privilege of playing for Leicester City, not be f**king content with just surviving relegation. I'm so f**cking mad that he could come out and say this, and that he expects the fans of this club to think that 21st in the Championship is acceptable it just proves how inept and naive he is as a manger.

I was undecided on RK as I live in Canada and really haven't seen City play in a couple of years ( we only get the prem on tv). But I have been thinking over the last couple of weeks that a lot of teams don't necessarily have good players but they have good managers that can motivate them to perform above themselves week after week. ( A good example of this might be Warnock)

However having just read on the internet he has set a target of 16 pts from 16 games then I must say he has to go. What kind of crap is that ? Saying they only have to avg a pt a game for the rest of the season ?

He should be demanding they win every game and give there all to have the privilege of playing for Leicester City, not be f**king content with just surviving relegation. I'm so f**cking mad that he could come out and say this, and that he expects the fans of this club to think that 21st in the Championship is acceptable it just proves how inept and naive he is as a manger.

Damn right

That target is a disgrace and He should be sacked for not just setting it, but suggesting that " It will be difficult" what bollox is that. We should be looking at atleast 8 wins. This medicoricy is disgusting.

ITS BEEN THREE SEASONS ATTEMPTING TO SURVIVE RELEGATIN, LAW OF AVERAGES DICTATES OUR LUCK MY SOON BE OVER.

My view has changed in the last month.

I dont want to give RK anymore chances as he has proven to be a real let down lately. His transfer dealings during the window were shocking. A last day panic is not good enough. Even sides in divisions below ours were getting in decent players on loan and we stood still. He could have punted one or two more out and not have waited until the last minute to sell Williams. Also, tactically he has been poor. Very one-dimensional. Getting Cada invoved and then not doesnt make sense either and the contuation of playing players out of position doesnt make any sense.

I think we need a boost and maybe if MM takes over this week he should bring in a new manager. Even if we had a good run of results I dont think that RK would be the man to take us to the next level as he struggles to make a decision.

Get him out

It's got to the point where I'd prefer him to stay til the end of the season, but on the flipside if he went tomorrow I wouldn't be disappointed. He's a nice bloke, the players say he's a nice bloke but he doesn't motivate them. Lackluster has been the word of the season. A draw at home against a team more shit than us at a time when we're in a relegation scrap is nowhere near good enough.

It's got to the point where I'd prefer him to stay til the end of the season, but on the flipside if he went tomorrow I wouldn't be disappointed. He's a nice bloke, the players say he's a nice bloke but he doesn't motivate them. Lackluster has been the word of the season. A draw at home against a team more shit than us at a time when we're in a relegation scrap is nowhere near good enough.

We need the burst of energy a new man at the helm usually brings in. Also if he isnt in MMs long term plans I think we need to make a change this season with the view to being ready for the start of our next campaign as aposed to messing about during.

You were told on the opening day of the season this would happen and that Kelly is a ****wit of the lowest order.

Suddenly now when it could be too late people are demanding this, what is differnet from opening day and now that so many are now demanding Kelly's head?

You were told on the opening day of the season this would happen and that Kelly is a ****wit of the lowest order.

Suddenly now when it could be too late people are demanding this, what is differnet from opening day and now that so many are now demanding Kelly's head?

Didnt he turn our season around at the back end of last season Barton? We owe him a debt of gratitude for doing well last season but he hasnt kicked on and infact has gone backwards with the club.

BTW I know that Wikipedia isnt perfect but is this quote true??

"On 14 April 2006 he signed a one-year rolling contract, confirming his status as manager."

If so will we tell him to bugger off in April without worrying about any compo?

Didnt he turn our season around at the back end of last season Barton? We owe him a debt of gratitude for doing well last season but he hasnt kicked on and infact has gone backwards with the club.

"On 14 April 2006 he signed a one-year rolling contract, confirming his status as manager."

A one year rolling contract means he will always be owed a years wages from the moment he is sacked.

No, because it's a rolling contract. His contract always expires a year from that date.

It all wrenches at my insides but someone please, please, please suggest an inspiring managerial alternative who would be prepared to risk his career on a wounded club which is clogged like a Portaloo at an outdoor pop concert.

"Young and hungry" was our banner and its being torn to shreds by faintheartedness and fear. Instead of the extra push that was needed to see a new style emerge, the Chosen Men have returned to their places to surely negate the attacking effect of any new signings.

It's not that these CM are bad players. They all do limited things quite well.

But Lee Dixon referred to my key word last night in analysing the performance of Manchester United individually. Effect.

And that is what the Chosen Men miss out on. They don't have enough effect. They don't instigate enough, they don't help sustain attacks enough and they're not accurate enough.

It's so frustrating. Saturday's performance made you weep. Not the result but the manner of the result.

The way we reacted when we scored.

I don't necessarily think Kelly wanted it that way. But safety first was what he got and instead of showing his displeasure at the time, or with his next team selection, he'll probably stick with his preferred players, and hope for improvement. as has happened so often before.

I remember Kelly saying something last season about draws not being good enough. We had loads and we've had 10 already this season and no wonder having witnessed our reaction to Saturday's early goal.

And now we get the ultimate in inspiring rallying cries ... come on "sixteen points from 16 games lads, that'll do."

I can't wait.

But before we can change we still need an alternative manager who will have the nerve to play aggressive, expansive football from back to front and who will pick players who are all fully match fit and capable of delivering. Where is such a man?. :whistle:

PS:

The sort of team I mean:

Logan;

Stearman, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Tiatto/Mattock/Sheehan;

Hume, King, Porter;

Hammond, Horsfield, Fryatt/Dodds/Cadamarteri.

If we played that team if might have teething problems but it would develop into a genuinely dangerous and positive side that we could build on.

The support into midfield from the full-backs would be there and the support in attack from midfield would be there. It offers far more potential for sustained attack than any line-up we have right now.

It's not a bad deal being a football manager. Win, lose or 16 points from 16 games! :whistle:

You can imagine his team talks cant you.

"Now lads, we mustnt win this game or lose it because that will defeat the object. I want you all to give 110% and try doubly hard in this game so we can get that magic target of 16 points in the next 16 games. We must avoid being inconsistent and try to gain the point a game that would please our fans and make us a consistent outfit."

"Now lads, we mustnt win this game or lose it because that will defeat the object. I want you all to give 110% and try doubly hard in this game so we can get that magic target of 16 points in the next 16 games. We must avoid being inconsistent and try to gain the point a game that would please our fans and make us a consistent outfit."

Very motivating, non the less :whistle: !!

I only wish I can follow his footsteps and get paid alot of money by underperforming!!!

I think we should be aiming for at least 5 wins and 5 draws..AT LEAST (regardless of how poor we are)..thus 20 points..RK needs to be setting much higher standards to the players, otherwise we'll here the same ol crap each week when we lose a game of 'I can't fault the effort of the players and the fans were magnificant'

blah blah blah

I think we should be aiming for at least 5 wins and 5 draws..AT LEAST (regardless of how poor we are)..thus 20 points..RK needs to be setting much higher standards to the players, otherwise we'll here the same ol crap each week when we lose a game of 'I can't fault the effort of the players and the fans were magnificant'

blah blah blah

Whatever he is saying to the players it doesnt seem to be working. They are probably as bored of his crap as we are by now. You get the image of half the team reading the daily sport whilst he starts a motivational speech. RK is slowly turning into Graham Taylor :D

Whatever he is saying to the players it doesnt seem to be working. They are probably as bored of his crap as we are by now. You get the image of half the team reading the daily sport whilst he starts a motivational speech. RK is slowly turning into Graham Taylor :D

To be honest, I'm actually at the point where I'd be suprised to find out he says anything to the team on matchdays. :P

Archived