Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Date Rob Kelly gets sacked?

12 Month one though?

Doesnt that mean we can decide not to give him another one? :blink:

It means his contract is always 12 months long.

Twelve months from yesterday... twelve months from today... twelve months from next Monday.

We can either agree to terminate it a year from now - and RK will remain in the job until that time, or we can pay him off the full twelve months of his contract. We could, alternatively, relieve him of his duties but continue to pay his wages for the next twelve months. Either way, the pay-off is 12 months wages. That's it.

You just have to state that the contract will be left to run it's course, to be terminated in twelve months time - essentially you stop it from rolling. :ph34r:

As soon as its mathematically impossible for us to get relegated. He`ll then appoint Fabio Capello who would have been sacked by Madrid by then and that would give him time to learn the phrase "Doubly hard" in English.

This season the main thing is to survive from relegation, and to change manager now might affect the team negative, and create an unstable atmosphere in the squad. But in the summer we have to get a new manager, because I really hope that Mandaric has higher expectations than figtning in the bottom of Championship. :P

What would we do in MM's position?

It's your club...

Would you want your manager or someone else's?

For various reasons I think he'll want his own.

I wouldn't have kept RK this long but for a few weeks now I've felt it best to hang fire til the end of the season.

But MM will want to get on with doing things his way.

And I doubt "Winning Ugly", or more often not winning ugly, will be the banner on the flag.

He'll have watched videos of our performances time and again.

He'll now the fans feelings - sites like this offer a bloody good cross section of opinion.

He's been to games himself. He's seen our approach.

He will know what RK did in the close season, the signings he made.

He'll know how long our weaknesses have gone unmended.

He'll be taking a risk because Kelly's not got an bad record.

But though I'd stick til the end of the season - unless I could get Ince - MM will twist.

And the brave, exciting choice would be Ince not Dowie.

I thought Keane would do well and Ince has similar qualities.

He's been there, got great contacts, knows the routines, would cope with class players and certainly wouldn't have his feathers ruffled by second raters or toddlers from the Academy ranks.

He's got a banner to carry for black managers and a point to prove as he carries it.

Failure wouldn't be in his vocabulary.

And one thing's for sure. Ince has the pedigree to take us right through to the Premiership and further.

We wouldn't need another change en route.

Monday morning is my guess at the day, but I don't know the date of which Monday. Depends on results listening to MM.

But if it's not Ince I'd rather stick unless MM's got an ace up his sleeve.

What would we do in MM's position?

It's your club...

Would you want your manager or someone else's?

MM likes publicity for his clubs. Its his way of increasing its profile and hopefully making it a more attractive proposition to players and sponsors. Becasue of this I think he`ll seek a high profile manager who can take this club up. I`d be shocked if he stuck by RK.

MM likes publicity for his clubs. Its his way of increasing its profile and hopefully making it a more attractive proposition to players and sponsors. Becasue of this I think he`ll seek a high profile manager who can take this club up. I`d be shocked if he stuck by RK.

i agree with that but mm is a smart guy, he will only sack rk if he has found a suitable replacement who he knows he can get

Archived