Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicfox

Leicester target Portsmouth trio

i'll agree Primus is a good defender,but our central defence is pretty sound.McCauly and Paddy k,with Paddy mc as backup.Just think we could do with a bit more strength in the middle of the pitch before we start strenghthing places where we're not too bad.

I agree that Kisnorbo and McAuley have the makings of a good partnership at this level but we need real competition for places and not make-weight players like Kenton and Stearman as potential CB replacements. Dont forget Nisa is OOC! Also, Ive said it before, we need a squad overhaul IMO if we are going to have any chance of getting into the play-offs next season so I agree we need strengthening everywhere.

Just to update you on the Todorov situation, as I live in the pompey area I get their evening news on the box. There was a short story on the Todorov move last night. Basically it stated that there were several championship clubs after him but Redknapp was trying to persuade him to move to Leicester due to Mandaric!

Will let you know if I hear anymore! ;)

I agree that Kisnorbo and McAuley have the makings of a good partnership at this level but we need real competition for places and not make-weight players like Kenton and Stearman as potential CB replacements. Dont forget Nisa is OOC! Also, Ive said it before, we need a squad overhaul IMO if we are going to have any chance of getting into the play-offs next season so I agree we need strengthening everywhere.

Our goals against is average for the championship at this stage of the season and would put us mid-table 12th on that alone, and as Kisnorbo and McAuley are still really gelling together it can only get better, but i do think Primus is a really good defender and if he did come here would want guaranteed 1st team football which we could not give him as our two centre backs are playng well. Lets strengthen elsewhere.

Just to update you on the Todorov situation, as I live in the pompey area I get their evening news on the box. There was a short story on the Todorov move last night. Basically it stated that there were several championship clubs after him but Redknapp was trying to persuade him to move to Leicester due to Mandaric!

Will let you know if I hear anymore! ;)

And I wonder why Redknapp might have a vested interest in where a player goes?

:whistle:

I really do hope Todarov comes here. He's a pure goalscorer and Championship level something that we have been lacking this season.

As for Hughes, Stefanovic, Primus and Ashdown. They would all be very good signings I think. Ashdown from what I have heard is a quality keeper. If we were to get either of thoses centre backs surely this would mean that Kisnorbo might be on his way to the Prem. :dunno:

And I wonder why Redknapp might have a vested interest in where a player goes?

:whistle:

Obviously he would like to play Todarov when he comes to us in the near future :whistle:

Although I did hear that he had a bust up with the owner. ;)

On a serious note though i'm not sure Rob Kelly is strong enough (in his position) to stand up to Milan and say what he wants. It gets dangerous with too much inteference. This is still ok but signings should come from the manager. Harry probobly wouldn't have stood for this kind of stuff at Pompey and we need someone similar because MM is a big personality who I suspect could be very dominating. Hope Kelly realises this early because if he can stamp his authority on the new squad, keep their allegiance and do well then it's his best chance of staying at the club and making a name for himself.

Well he can't understand why Pompey don't want him. But if Redknapp has made it clear he's not going to play then perhaps he'll want to come and play first team football here?.

I hope so. I think he is exactly the kind of player we need to start banging in the goals for us. If Mandy and Harry (listen to me I sound like a Pompey supporter from a few years ago) can make it happen, then that would be excellent news. :thumbup:

No way will Linvoy be dropping a division. I know he isn't the best known premiership defender in the league (or even our team) but he has improved beyond all recognition since we were in The Championship.

The rest

Toddy could be your Merson. Whats your midfield like. If they supply him he will score

Steph will struggle to get his place back in our team imo

Ashdown still learning, awful distribution and will not shift James, so maybe its time for a fresh start.

Hughes ? I dont know if he'd drop or not. Quality signing if he can be convinced.

I honestly think Toddy in the Championship would score 25 goals plus if he stays fit.

Would Todorov be able to match his 02-03 heroics after a few years of serious injuries?

At least he isnt a player that relies on pace and due to injuries is that much worse off than say someone like Michael Owen or dare I say it, Elvis! Todorov has always been a box player who is a quality finisher but as some others have said on here, Its obvious he wants to stay at Pompey and as yet hasnt come out to say he would love to come to us! Lets hope it happens!

Archived