Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicfox

Leicester target Portsmouth trio

New Leicester City owner Milan Mandaric is planning to return to Portsmouth for three new signings.

The Daily Mail says Mandaric will try to lure polished central defender Linvoy Primus away from the south coast if Pompey boss Harry Redknapp is successful in signing Sylvain Distin when his Manchester City contract expires in the summer.

If he is not successful he will turn his attention to Fratton Park skipper Dejan Stefanovic, who is currently sidelined through injury.

Mandaric is also keen on former Reading goalkeeper Jamie Ashdown, who has little chance of displacing David James between the posts, and he would also like midfielder Richard Hughes to boost the Foxes midfield.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=28887

Now who to believe, as i think someone on another thread has said its a done deal. :dunno:

That was FNQ...and, how do I put it politely...err...let's just say there are Estate Agents that come out with more reliable stuff.

The thing is, people might be asking whether it's Mandaric targeting the players or not, but the players that have been linked would walk in to any championship team and every championship manager would love them. I'm sure Milan has a good chance of getting some Pompey players in and Kelly would be grateful for the contacts that Mandaric has.

I can't see Rob being bothered that Mandaric has perhaps said to him, 'by the way Robert, if you fancy Primus, Todorov, Stefanovic, Ashdown and Richard Hughes playing for us next season then I might be able to make it happen'.

I can't see Rob being bothered that Mandaric has perhaps said to him, 'by the way Robert, if you fancy Primus, Todorov, Stefanovic, Ashdown and Richard Hughes playing for us next season then I might be able to make it happen'.

I'd like to think this is how it happens. Mandaric goes to Rob with a list of players he can get in through his contacts and RK decides which he wants. No skin of RK's nose and a long way from what allegedly happens at Hearts!

I cant see much of that happening. Primus has been playing in Stefanovic`s abscence and has done well. Stefanovic is club captain BTW. Also, I`d be surprised if we were looking for more keepers having persuaded Hendo to sign a new deal and Logan/Douglas being still around. I`d love to think we can get one or two of the players linked but to me it seems that they are just column fillers in papers as Journo`s put two and two together (Milan former Pompey owner, now at Leicester, we are going to bring players in etc etc). Heres hoping that one or two stick though!

Only Todorov? Have you seen our squad lately? Any players of that quality coming in is good news. If this is summer we're thinking of and we're aiming that highly then that is very good news.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mandaric had already had a few words before the deal went through. He might already have faces lined up.

Only Todorov? Have you seen our squad lately? Any players of that quality coming in is good news. If this is summer we're thinking of and we're aiming that highly then that is very good news.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mandaric had already had a few words before the deal went through. He might already have faces lined up.

Yes i have,cause i'm a season ticket holder for this year!

we've got sound enough gk's and central defenders (apart from set pieces!)imho.Don't get me wrong primus is a good defender,but is he much better than we've got?

On ability, Primus has improved as he has got older and is one of the reasons why Pompey have done so well as there defence is playing well with him and Campbell at the heart of it. I know its on Skys ratings here http://home.skysports.com/squadlist.aspx?clid=47&cpid=8 but he is one of there best performing players this season. Th eproblem for me is he is 34 in September. He`ll defo do a great job IMO at our level but you wont get much life out of him.

On ability, Primus has improved as he has got older and is one of the reasons why Pompey have done so well as there defence is playing well with him and Campbell at the heart of it. I know its on Skys ratings here http://home.skysports.com/squadlist.aspx?clid=47&cpid=8 but he is one of there best performing players this season. Th eproblem for me is he is 34 in September. He`ll defo do a great job IMO at our level but you wont get much life out of him.

i'll agree Primus is a good defender,but our central defence is pretty sound.McCauly and Paddy k,with Paddy mc as backup.Just think we could do with a bit more strength in the middle of the pitch before we start strenghthing places where we're not too bad.

Archived