Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Team for Coventry

Well personaly i think this is a massive game for leicester obviously its mandarics 1st game so it is going to be a bit of history for the leicester city.

But it is also a big game as we could push away from the relagation places and stick coventry in the shite. Also it is the 1st game for us N blockers and we really need to show that we should have something like this again (well done andy and jamie). Also if anyone has forgot its a local derby and i would love to see us give coventry a kicking.

Anyway my team for tomorrow

............................Henderson.................................

Maybury...........McAuley......Kisnorbo..............Nils-eric

Yeates.............Jarrett........Johnson...............Porter

.......................Fryatt/hume.........Horsefield............

subs......wesolowski, fryatt/hume, glombard, hughes, kenton

Attendance 27,312

I agree with the line up but I think we can get a bigger attendance than that ;)

Well the os is stating that we will get more than 25,000 i really can't see us reaching 30,000, we only usually do that if their is a big away following. And from the seasons gone by i can't see cov bringing loads. But i could be plesently suprised

I am concerned as to who to play at right back, because Michael Mifsud will be on the wing for them and he's very useful. Maybury is dreadful up against a nippy and aggressive winger and Stearman hasn't faired much better this season. I'd be tempted to give Stearman another run in the team, but considering we won last week, I doubt 'Standard Rob' will make any defensive changes.

Henderson

Stearman

Kisnorbo ©

McAuley

Nisse

Yeates

Jarrett

Porter

Hume

Fryatt

Horsfield

Subs: Hughes, Glombard, Logan, Maybury, Johnson/Wesolowski

I am concerned as to who to play at right back, because Michael Mifsud will be on the wing for them and he's very useful. Maybury is dreadful up against a nippy and aggressive winger and Stearman hasn't faired much better this season. I'd be tempted to give Stearman another run in the team, but considering we won last week, I doubt 'Standard Rob' will make any defensive changes.

Henderson

Stearman

Kisnorbo ©

McAuley

Nisse

Yeates

Jarrett

Porter

Hume

Fryatt

Horsfield

Scared of a malteaser, shocking.

Leon and Dele worry me more. And thats saying something.

Not a fan of Mifsud's then? I think he's their best player. McKenzie is crap.

well hes going to score now isn't he.

Ive always rated mcKenzie but not adebola.

Think Kisnorbo and McAuley will have them in their back pockets though :mellow:

Unless we have injuries or suspensions, I`d like for once to name an unchanged side. I wont bother doing my weekly side naming that I prefer because it hardly ever happens. Keep the same side and lets beat our best attendance of the season with 30,458 and gain a similar result that we did during our record gate that day against Barsnley. 2-0 to the City!!!!

Not a fan of Mifsud's then? I think he's their best player. McKenzie is crap.

So's Dele thats the point lol.

I dunno about Mifsud to be honest I don't think he's been playing in England long enough to make a real impact on tomorrows game if marked by a experinced right back like Alan Maybury. Although you do have a point about him getting done by tricky wingers. Stearman would be more of a risk IMO.

Kelly will, presumably want to keep his job and MM has commented at least twice on his belief that experience is what's needed in the city team.

"Young and Hungry" is clearly dead and buried and I think it's a pity - especially as it was never really tried wholeheartedly and with what I'd call a real through the team young and hungry line-up.

Whatever Kelly will take MM's comments on board - he'll perhaps even welcome them - and I expect us to go with the following:

Henderson;

Maybury, McAuley, Kisborbo, Nils;

Yeates, Johnson, Jarratt, Porter,

Hume/Cadamarteri, Horsfield.

Judging by all his performances so far but two I cannot find any reason to prefer Johnson to Andy King but you cannot see much change from the Ipswich line-up.

Kelly will, presumably want to keep his job and MM has commented at least twice on his belief that experience is what's needed in the city team.

"Young and Hungry" is clearly dead and buried and I think it's a pity - especially as it was never really tried wholeheartedly and with what I'd call a real through the team young and hungry line-up.

Whatever Kelly will take MM's comments on board - he'll perhaps even welcome them - and I expect us to go with the following:

Henderson;

Maybury, McAuley, Kisborbo, Nils;

Yeates, Johnson, Jarratt, Porter,

Hume/Cadamarteri, Horsfield.

Judging by all his performances so far but two I cannot find any reason to prefer Johnson to Andy King but you cannot see much change from the Ipswich line-up.

Right, well I think we should both write letters to the club, suggesting we don't feed the youth team between now and Tuesday, and then we play them agains Burnley. See if it works like.

Nice to se you've woken up to the fact theres going to be no King involved.

So's Dele thats the point lol.

I dunno about Mifsud to be honest I don't think he's been playing in England long enough to make a real impact on tomorrows game if marked by a experinced right back like Alan Maybury. Although you do have a point about him getting done by tricky wingers. Stearman would be more of a risk IMO.

I had the misfortune of seeing the highlights of Cov's game against Cardiff and Mifsud had a lot of joy out on the wing, cutting inside and running at their defence.

Maybury is toss against anyone who cuts inside, he does something that a defender of his experience should never do and that's turn his back on them when they go to cut inside. That makes it a lot easier for the winger to change direction again when the defender is doing a 360 'endo.

Stearman has been bollocks at times, but he reads the game better than Maybury does. I also think he'll be desperate to put in a good performance for the big cheese.

I had the misfortune of seeing the highlights of Cov's game against Cardiff and Mifsud had a lot of joy out on the wing, cutting inside and running at their defence.

Maybury is toss against anyone who cuts inside, he does something that a defender of his experience should never do and that's turn his back on them when they go to cut inside. That makes it a lot easier for the winger to change direction again when the defender is doing a 360 'endo.

Stearman has been bollocks at times, but he reads the game better than Maybury does. I also think he'll be desperate to put in a good performance for the big cheese.

And who plays Right full back for Cardiff City? Kerrea Gilbert a teenager, nah definatley Maybes for this one for me, I think he's got the abilty to keep the malteaser quiet.

----------------- Logan ----------------------

Stearman - McAuley - Kisnorbo © - Skills

------------------ Weso ----------------------

Yeates ---------------------------- Glombard

------------------ Jarrett ----------------------

------------ Cads --------- Horsfield ---------

Henderson

Stearman

Kisnorbo ©

McAuley

Nisse

Yeates

Jarrett

Porter

Hume

Fryatt

Horsfield

That's probably our best line-up at the moment. Couldn't have put it better!

But is Fryatt already back from injury? I'd probably swap places with Hammond, let him run around and keep the Coventry defense busy, then have Cadamarteri on the bench for a 2nd half substitution (and a goal). ;)

Henderson.................................

Stearmonkey...........McAuley......Kisnorbo..............Nils-eric

Yeates.............Jarrett........Weso...............Hume/fryatt(swapable)

subs......cadders , Porter, glombard, maybury, Logan

Attendance 26,122

:thumbup:

Henderson.................................

Stearmonkey...........McAuley......Kisnorbo..............Nils-eric

Yeates.............Jarrett........Weso...............Hume/fryatt(swapable)

subs......cadders , Porter, glombard, maybury, Logan

Attendance 26,122

:thumbup:

Logan

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Nils

Yeates

Weso

Jarrett

Porter

The Horse