Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

MM Non- Playing Plans in the pipe line

:thumbsup:

I just had to hammer it home. :whistle:

Although... with the money the club needed, I'm thinking perhaps the crisps were still better than the 1.5m even! lol

1.5m is the sort of money we'd have been losing every season, judging by the results we've been shown before. I'm not surprised Mandaric is looking into the stadium naming rights as an avenue of additional revenue generation. I wonder if individual stands will come in for naming changes soon, too? Would have thought so...

I bet he went to walkers and said he wanted to buy out the remainder of the contract. You could get a heck of a lot more than 1.5m over 10 years... 5 times as much I would think.

Without throwing water on your fire Pompey have had new kits every year since we went up. Including the one year when the kits were actually marked as a two season kits however towards the end of the season we were told that was actually a misprint and the kit was one season again. Not to mention the one off promotion special.

Then of course you have your second and third strips to consider !

They are Jako who are ok quality wise. Used by a few teams in the German and various other European leagues and the Moldovan National Side !

I bet he went to walkers and said he wanted to buy out the remainder of the contract. You could get a heck of a lot more than 1.5m over 10 years... 5 times as much I would think.

You'd hope so. 1.5m is a paltry figure when you consider the kind of additional revenue needed to make the business a bit more solid and stable.

You'd hope so. 1.5m is a paltry figure when you consider the kind of additional revenue needed to make the business a bit more solid and stable.

In the end, this is something the old board should have done long ago when they had the parachute payments. Lack of initiative

i thought we had a thread a few months ago saying we'd signed a deal for next season?

Don't think anything was signed, sealed and delivered. Knighton Matt's yer man but he's got better things to do these days than post on Foxestalk... like playing tiddlywinks, eating scones, writing sonnets about sheet metal workers from Gosforth and learning the words to the Ethiopian national anthem.

Walkers Stadium - naming rights: Currently £1.5mill over 10 years, 4 years ago.

One Year Kits:

"I do know about this, yes. That will change. I think we should change the kit every two years. We want a good design for the home, away and third kit - and keep it for two years. " I want the shirts to be better quality. I have asked Tim to speak to a firm in Germany I know who I think can help us with this"

Edited to turn £1.50 into £1.5mill, useless spell checker can't tell what I'm trying to write!

In our first conversation with MM's representative back in November we covered a few topics, one of our recommendations was that if the takeover was successful, that one of the first things he should do is announce a return to a 2 year kit deal.

Archived