Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Milan will eventually sell us onto a richer foreign investor

I think in the long term, MM will sell us onto a richer, foreign investor (billionaire I'd have thought) once we're an established Premiership team. Remember that Kai Joorabchian is after a club (the one who tried to buy West Ham)

What do others think??

I think it depends whether the current lot make any money or not. The second wave may also be less savvy than the first, so do we want them?

First we had doubters that MM would be interested in us.

Then when he revealed he was, people doubted his intentions.

Then when he started the process, people doubted it would result in a buy out.

When it hit a legal snag or two, people started being concerned that he would walk off.

Now he has completed the takeover, you are worrying about when he sells us on?

Blimey, live for the now, eh?

When it hit a legal snag or two, people started being concerned that he would walk off.

But is he really here? Is he? Hmm? How do we know? We might be dreaming!! :P

Someone like MM hasnt a strong "natural" affiliation with clubs in the UK so yes, he will seel whoever he buys eventuyally. Its not like the Newcastle situation or even the one at Middlesboro where the owners are real fans of the club.

The positive thing is that it is unlikely that MM will sell unless he makes a profit. If he makes a profit that will mean we have been succesful. The size of his profit will depend on our success so I am happy to accept that someone will takeover from him eventually, but by then it would have been me after my record £950k Euro Lottery win in 2011. :thumbup::D

Of course he will sell us - he is a businessman. We are a nice, cheap club with good infrastructure that he obtained at a knock-down price. He will invest to make us successful because (a) he enjoys football but mainly (b) he will profit from it.

That doesn't necessarily mean it will be a "rich foreign investor". There seem to be a few putting money in at the moment, but it's hard to say who would be interested in a few years' time. I am sure Milan would not care if it was a local consortium or a fake Sheikh as long as they came up with the money.

Anyway, the key for me is that success equals profits so we should be looking forward to the next few seasons and hopefully making a better effort at promotion than we have in recent years.

If we win promotion and get three or four solid seasons in the Prem, as soon as MM wants to move on to bigger and better things he'll sell us and if Pompey last year went for £40mil, I'd have expected (unless the value of the Prem nose-dives) him to see us for anything from £60-100mil... all depends on how well we do and at the moment we're what we've been for the last three seasons "poor"... thing is we now have motivation and light at the end of the tunnel... so all good! :smile:

Remember that Kai Joorabchian is after a club

I dont want that man comming within ten miles of the Walkers and LCFC! Dont trust his ability or his intentions one little bit!

I think in the long term, MM will sell us onto a richer, foreign investor (billionaire I'd have thought) once we're an established Premiership team. Remember that Kai Joorabchian is after a club (the one who tried to buy West Ham)

What do others think??

I'll buy LCFC.

Couldn't agree more.

When he sells (many years away) I think some of you guys will be surprised who he sells to. Watch out in the Leicester Mercury over the next five or six years and see what local interest comes into the club. Oh by the way......you seen it here first.

As they say in the classics

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

If Milan is going to live here, as seems to be the case, he could well develop an affinity for Leicester. I've been to lots of places both hear and abroad and wouldn't really want to live anywhere else.

Then it will partly depend how much fun he's getting out of it. People like MM might have all the money they'll ever need but they also want something to keep the adrenalin flowing. The guy seems to be a 100 per center who lives life to the full.

The potential at Leicester is enormous and while he's making progress and enjoying the roller coaster ride of adventures he'll love it and his life will have high profile purpose.

Of course he'll sell in the end (all being well of course) and my great hope is that he sells to people who will love the club as I hope he eventually does and who will look after it.

I've no reason to believe MM will be any more of a risk in this way than anyone else. I just hope that, as a declared man of the fans, that he shows his sincerity and ensures the club ends up in safe and responsible hands.

That would earn my admiration as much as any trophies/on field achievements.

If Milan is going to live here, as seems to be the case, he could well develop an affinity for Leicester. I've been to lots of places both hear and abroad and wouldn't really want to live anywhere else.

Then it will partly depend how much fun he's getting out of it. People like MM might have all the money they'll ever need but they also want something to keep the adrenalin flowing. The guy seems to be a 100 per center who lives life to the full.

The potential at Leicester is enormous and while he's making progress and enjoying the roller coaster ride of adventures he'll love it and his life will have high profile purpose.

Of course he'll sell in the end (all being well of course) and my great hope is that he sells to people who will love the club as I hope he eventually does and who will look after it.

I've no reason to believe MM will be any more of a risk in this way than anyone else. I just hope that, as a declared man of the fans, that he shows his sincerity and ensures the club ends up in safe and responsible hands.

That would earn my admiration as much as any trophies/on field achievements.

milan lives in sileby

What do others think??

I thing fecking 'ell mate he's only been here 5 minutes and spent feck all! At least lets allow him the courtesy of doing something before we speculate what he may or may not do in 3 years time!

The fact is he is not a young man, at some stage it will all get too much for him and he will sell us. I just can't see any fecking enjoyment speculating on something like this this early. Its like the King is Dead - Long Live the King - ooh you don't look well Sire

What do others think??

Well he did that at Pompey so what makes you think he do it with us then Sherlock :rolleyes:

What do others think??

a) Does it matter? Milan is a rich foreign investor already... :whistle:

b) Were there any other options at the moment? I don't think so.

c) What is the point in speculating about this now? :unsure:

Milan is 68, if his plans go to the way he wants them (Premiership with-in 3 years) he'll be around 71, a few established years in the Premiership I would imagine he would have doubled the value of the club and cash in!

End of the day even Millionaire Business Men can't go on forever, but all i'm interested in for the moment is us actually getting to the premiership and the exciting summer ahead :thumbup:

It doesn't matter about talking about investors at this point - the thread starter is just asking a question about the future of LCFC and wants your views.

In my opinion, he's right. If these three years are a ''failure'' for him, and we are still in the Championship, I can't see a RICHER investor coming in.

I can only see that happening if we reach the Premership.

Archived