Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Deleted posts

I am very VERY pissed off. I have not been a Mod for at least three hours now and yet I haven't had ANYTHING deleted. This is blatant favouritism. I'll bet joeb has had at least seven posts sent to the bin so far this evening...

I expect this thread to be closed with a sarcastic put-down at the very least.

I am very VERY pissed off. I have not been a Mod for at least three hours now and yet I haven't had ANYTHING deleted. This is blatant favouritism. I'll bet joeb has had at least seven posts sent to the bin so far this evening...

Wow, you certainly take the mod-criticism very personally...

Wow, you certainly take the mod-criticism very personally...

The internet has to be taken seriously otherwise rivers of blood will flow through England's green and pleasant land. It will be anarchy. Anarchy and chaos. Is that what you want Shen? Is it? Is that what you want? Is it, huh?

The internet has to be taken seriously otherwise rivers of blood will flow through England's green and pleasant land. It will be anarchy. Anarchy and chaos. Is that what you want Shen? Is it? Is that what you want? Is it, huh?

Are you pressing the self destruct button? :huh::whistle::unsure::ph34r:

Have I missed something yet again????

In the interests of consistent Moderating this topic is closed and left visible as an example of what will happen when threads go off topic.

Well done Dave & Fez you set a fine example. :thumbup:

I was holding back on this until I'd had a decent time to cogitate upon it...so here goes:

What abject crap!

"An example of what will happen"? Have you taken leave of your senses man...and why the hell should we be setting any kind of example? Especially, an example that we neither agree with nor respect? An example in your own image only.

I am not losing sleep over the posts that I have had deleted, I am not crying about the thread being closed...(and here comes the but)...but I think some people need to get a reality check. TB exists very nicely thank you with a much more relaxed attitude toward posting...and that is something FT and certain admin need to learn from....for without that step forward, this is going to be a pretty moribund place to be.

I was holding back on this until I'd had a decent time to cogitate upon it...so here goes:

What abject crap!

"An example of what will happen"? Have you taken leave of your senses man...and why the hell should we be setting any kind of example? Especially, an example that we neither agree with nor respect? An example in your own image only.

I am not losing sleep over the posts that I have had deleted, I am not crying about the thread being closed...(and here comes the but)...but I think some people need to get a reality check. TB exists very nicely thank you with a much more relaxed attitude toward posting...and that is something FT and certain admin need to learn from....for without that step forward, this is going to be a pretty moribund place to be.

I'm all for moderation and I'm sure it's not an easy role to undertake, especially when you see your friend's point of view criticised and you want to protect them.

I'm all for moderation and I'm sure it's not an easy role to undertake, especially when you see your friend's point of view criticised and you want to protect them.

it's also the same the other way round ( :blink: ) if you see something a friend has put that (although it might technically be true) is not what should be put.

People need to chill, deleting posts? How important is that really? Come arrrrrrn!

I don't have any problem with any of my posts being deleted Katy, as I said in my post. Seriously - how daft would that be?! :D

I do resent being told by inference that I should be some kind of role model...

I don't have any problem with any of my posts being deleted Katy, as I said in my post. Seriously - how daft would that be?! :D

I do resent being told by inference that I should be some kind of role model...

Im not sure where I related to solely you in my post Bobinog, it was meant in general (chat) :thumbup:

Role model? You? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :ph34r::D

posts do seem to be deleted a lot here, it seems that some people take an internet chat forum more seriously than they maybe should, does it matter if a forum goes of topic? so long as people are still enjoying chatting to each other im not sure it matters

posts do seem to be deleted a lot here, it seems that some people take an internet chat forum more seriously than they maybe should, does it matter if a forum goes of topic? so long as people are still enjoying chatting to each other im not sure it matters

yeah but on the other hand, some people do post ridiculous threads about that shite rumour site. I mean don't get me wrong they do delete a lot of posts(especially mine :mellow: ) but i think they do a great job :thumbup:

There's many more people on this forum than most, and if a little pruning here and there didn't go on you'd never be able a post worth reading...

There's many more people on this forum than most, and if a little pruning here and there didn't go on you'd never be able a post worth reading...

daggers is right; the LCFC forum needs a good prune from time to time, because when i (and i imagine most other people) get in from work don't want to have to trawl through 60 pages of who's gay these days etc in the LCFC forum. that's what general chat is for i rarely delete stuff from general chat, only stuff that goes against the posting guidlines (usually something to do with britney spears being naked somewhere......)

I disagree. There is one site I can think of where if you read the first post but and then moved onto the fourth or fifth page you'd never guess they were still on the same subject. It happens time and again and is thoroughly irritating. Generally the mods on here do pretty well in keeping people on track and with good reason.

I disagree. There is one site I can think of where if you read the first post but and then moved onto the fourth or fifth page you'd never guess they were still on the same subject. It happens time and again and is thoroughly irritating. Generally the mods on here do pretty well in keeping people on track and with good reason.

"hear, all ye good people, hear what this brilliant and eloquent speaker has to say!"

.................................Or Hear Hear to you and me or is it me and you? :ph34r:

Put it this way we have 3560 members but the posting guidelines have only been viewed 677 times!

Dave - now your not a mod, are you prepared to be honest and tell us your views on moderating?

It should be done naked, while snorting illegal substances off the breasts of young ladies of ill-repute. If it can be arranged to be doing this all in the back seat of a speeding car to the sound of gun-fire then so much the better.

This, I believe, should go some way to explaining most of my decisions whilst moderating. :D

Archived