Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Are Premiership rejects the answer for Leicester City?

Planning ahead for next season  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Are Premiership rejects the answer for Leicester City?

• Yes
    • No

Just thinking about next season - Are Premiership rejects the answer for Leicester City?

This season in the Championship, we have seen Premiership ''rejects'' drop down a division to play regular first team football.

The likes of;

Michael Chopra - Immense with Cardiff this season

Lee Croft - Regular football for Norwich

Peter Whittingham - Bagged a few goals for Cardiff already

Willo Flood - ... plays for Cardiff

Just to name a few.

I feel with players like Richard Hughes, Dejan Stefanovic, Shaun Newton being linked with us, we could be nicely settled for a good season.

Just thinking about next season - Are Premiership rejects the answer for Leicester City?

This season in the Championship, we have seen Premiership ''rejects'' drop down a division to play regular first team football.

The likes of;

Michael Chopra - Immense with Cardiff this season

Lee Croft - Regular football for Norwich

Peter Whittingham - Bagged a few goals for Cardiff already

Willo Flood - ... plays for Cardiff

Just to name a few.

I feel with players like Richard Hughes, Dejan Stefanovic, Shaun Newton being linked with us, we could be nicely settled for a good season.

I notice the players you mentioned there are still relatively young whereas the ones we are linked with are coming to the end of their careers. No doubt they're still good, but do they have the same hunger and passion as the younger lot?

where's the i'm not sure?

i think with a blend of age + experience Leicester will do will next season, but if we go for predominately old people we will be screwed same with youngsters

Well im afraid not. Mr M likes experience and I don't see why he'd change now.

The only players I remember coming through the Pompey ranks are Matty Taylor and Gary O'Neill.

Richard Hughes will have 5-6 years left in him, whilst Todorov might not last as long as the rest due to his injuries. With Stefanovic you have a fair point.

We need experience somewhere in the team and i'm all for that - as long as we don't revert back to Micky Adams style transfers.

It depends who you get in. You could get a proper Prem reject or you could get a gem of a reject such as Chopra. So until you've seen how this reject can play it's hard to answer the question in hand.

I notice the players you mentioned there are still relatively young whereas the ones we are linked with are coming to the end of their careers. No doubt they're still good, but do they have the same hunger and passion as the younger lot?

Yeah, young players have the potential for improvement when given sustained first team action, something they're likely to have missed, and so they can continue playing for you when you go up, or at least that's the idea.

Dejan Stefanovic isent a reject hes just injured and he's Portsmouth's captain.

the speculation about him coming hear is just stupid,

Well it's not as if his future is secure is it? He's not playing every week and he's even said his future is unstable. So the talk is not really stupid.

Dejan Stefanovic isent a reject hes just injured and he's Portsmouth's captain.

the speculation about him coming hear is just stupid,

Well he isn't going to get in ahead of Sol and Primus really is he? I don't think the speculation about him coming here is stupid at all.

You just have to look at the impact the two hungarians have made in Barnsley for proof of that.

Are you trying to say those two Hungarians who are just about good enough for Barnsley could make the difference next season though :rolleyes:

Theres always the case of them not wanting to come over to England and play football in the second tier.

Yes. Tried and Proven!

Except we'd have to put up with people (Same old, Same old) moaning at the manager for signing "old hasbeens" whether it be RK or someone else...Example Micky Adams, Fair enough he may not have managers/organised things very well but I remember certain people moaning even in our promotion season about the "old premiership rejects"

Spose your never gonna please everyone! :rolleyes:

Prem rejects...like that Muzzy Izzet we signed a while back?

Depends entirely on who we get in and how good they are!

In all probability the answer is yes because can't see MM allowing us to sign people who won't be good enough.

It depends who the players are.

Ideally we will grab the best from the lower leagues and some of the best from this division but the likes of Nugent is valued at £6m, Eastwood at just under that and even Billy Sharp at Scunny is valued at £2-3m! We have it all to do next season with the moneybag Premiership clubs getting increased revenue and even the relegated prem clubs will have a field day spending money.

We may have no option but to get loanees, Bosmans and Premierships forgotten men for pennies!

Well im afraid not. Mr M likes experience and I don't see why he'd change now.

The only players I remember coming through the Pompey ranks are Matty Taylor and Gary O'Neill.

Richard Hughes will have 5-6 years left in him, whilst Todorov might not last as long as the rest due to his injuries. With Stefanovic you have a fair point.

We need experience somewhere in the team and i'm all for that - as long as we don't revert back to Micky Adams style transfers.

Matt Taylor came from Luton Town.

Archived