Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brookfox

Academy beat Birmingham

Lets hope it sets the right tone for Leeds tonight!

Academy Bash Blues

Leicester City's under 18 side cruised to a 5-0 victory over Birmingham City at the Belvoir Drive training ground on Tuesday afternoon.

The Foxes went into the game on the back of a superb 3-1 win away at Southampton last weekend.

And that fine form continued against the Blues - with Eric Odhiambo (2), Max Gradel (2) and Peggy Lakonda grabbing the goals on the day.

The victory moves City five points clear of Reading at the top of the Premier Academy Group B table, although the second place side have a game on hand.

Walkers Youth Academy Manager Jon Rudkin said: "It was a very good performance from the lads - especially in front of goal.

"We have got a lot of games coming up, and it was important that we carried on from our excellent form from Saturday at Southampton.

"We have now got a tricky game coming up against Charlton on Saturday and that is a match that we are all very much looking forward to."

City: Pentney, Magunda (Cox), Mattock (Rowe-Turner), Tejan-Sie, Lycett, Garner, Gradel, King, McKay, Odhiambo, Lakonda (Howard).

Peggy Lakonda? He's a new one. Any info on him?

Had the hump for being taken off....

Table reads :

Group B - As at: Tue 13 Mar 07 14:20

P W D L F A GD PTS

P W D L F A GD PTS

Leicester Yth 22 16 3 3 75 32 43 51

Reading Yth 21 14 4 3 40 20 20 46

Aston Villa Yth 22 10 7 5 42 27 15 37

Tottenham Yth 21 9 10 2 38 27 11 37

Watford Yth 22 8 6 8 41 40 1 30

Bristol City Yth 21 8 4 9 43 46 -3 28

Birmingham Yth 21 7 3 11 30 48 -18 24

Coventry Yth 23 6 4 13 25 36 -11 22

Cardiff Yth 20 2 3 15 18 41 -23 9

Milton Keynes Dons Yth 21 2 1 18 18 57 -39 7

P W D L F A GD PTS

Leicester Yth 22 16 3 3 75 32 43 51

All jokes aside, an average of 3 per game over that many games is very impresive. The opposition are either rubbish, or King, Gradel et al are in fact the second coming!

Andy King didn't score. Right that's it, he's crap. <_< :P

I wonder how many of the five he made.

And I'll be interested to see this Peggy Lakonda. First game for the Academy U18's as far as I'm aware and a goal from left-wing.

Ryan Beswick usually plays there and is an effective player. Don't know whether he's injured or if Lakonda was considered good enough anyway, in which case he must be quite promising.

I wonder how many of the five he made.

And I'll be interested to see this Peggy Lakonda. First game for the Academy U18's as far as I'm aware and a goal from left-wing.

Ryan Beswick usually plays there and is an effective player. Don't know whether he's injured or if Lakonda was considered good enough anyway, in which case he must be quite promising.

Peggy is on trial from Arsenal for 1 week. Will feature on Saturday against Charlton then a decision will have to be made.

Looked good on the left and put some dangerous balls in to the box.

All jokes aside, an average of 3 per game over that many games is very impresive. The opposition are either rubbish, or King, Gradel et al are in fact the second coming!

Even if they scored 10 goals a game there's people on here wouldn't have a good word to say for them.

What's the deal if we then want him?

Do we have to buy him?

How does it work at youth level?

We don't have to buy him if Arsenal were keen on keeping him we wouldn't be on a one weeks trial at Leicester, their probabley helping him find a new club like we are with Lycett.

Archived