Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

"We must pull away, says Kelly"

:thumbup:

The bloke may as well not say anything, he gets mocked whether he says positive or negative stuff.

There is so much Kelly could talk about that would be positive and interesting instead of the banal and patronising sweet nothing which seem to be standard for most of today's managers who are actually taught how to handle the media as part of their managerial qualifications.

In fact, it would seem, they are taught to sidestep the media as if those people are somehow an inconvenience that has to be put up with instead of, collectively, the financial lifeblood of the game and the means by which people like Kelly earn ridiculous sums of money for being ordinary instead of the pittance they would earn on a car manufacturer's shop floor or as a hack in Wolverhampton.

It is a given that the opposition will be tough so it hardly needs repeating. Professional football teams, even at the bottom of divisions, need to be taken seriously and will all have some capable players.

But Kelly is part of the biggest revolution in City's history. The place is bubbly and exciting and he should be efforvescent with the thrill of it all.

Bill Shankly and Kevin Keegan could make walking down the street seem exciting but Kelly does the opposite. I don't give a shit about QPR. I want him to talk about our team, our players. I want him to make the fans feel vital to every fixture and to take them into his confidence.

He gets mocked right now because his words deserve mocking. If he says something interesting, something new, something passionate, something revealing he won't get mocked nearly so much. It's down to him really.

There is so much Kelly could talk about that would be positive and interesting instead of the banal and patronising sweet nothing which seem to be standard for most of today's managers who are actually taught how to handle the media as part of their managerial qualifications.

In fact, it would seem, they are taught to sidestep the media as if those people are somehow an inconvenience that has to be put up with instead of, collectively, the financial lifeblood of the game and the means by which people like Kelly earn ridiculous sums of money for being ordinary instead of the pittance they would earn on a car manufacturer's shop floor or as a hack in Wolverhampton.

It is a given that the opposition will be tough so it hardly needs repeating. Professional football teams, even at the bottom of divisions, need to be taken seriously and will all have some capable players.

But Kelly is part of the biggest revolution in City's history. The place is bubbly and exciting and he should be efforvescent with the thrill of it all.

Bill Shankly and Kevin Keegan could make walking down the street seem exciting but Kelly does the opposite. I don't give a shit about QPR. I want him to talk about our team, our players. I want him to make the fans feel vital to every fixture and to take them into his confidence.

He gets mocked right now because his words deserve mocking. If he says something interesting, something new, something passionate, something revealing he won't get mocked nearly so much. It's down to him really.

If the lads were performing well on the pitch and we were in the top six, whatever RK said wouldnt be questioned. Some are only going on about his pre-match talks because they are unhappy with the bigger picture and are using this as another way of having a pop.

As for other managers, Newell is outspoken but talks a load of bollox. That doesnt make him a bad manager or motivator, just that he shouldnt be too close to the media. Holloway also seems like a good manager but he is a bit of a joker. Would you condone what he did on TV the other month when he went out on the training pitch with the lads with a whole cut out of his shorts displaying his backside??!! The players were in stitches but the likes of Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly will be turning in their graves!

Forget this demand of better media talks from RK as it is harmless stuff that is spouted without offending anyone. Change the record people FFS!

:thumbup:

The bloke may as well not say anything, he gets mocked whether he says positive or negative stuff.

Actions speak louder then words, but his words don't relate to his teams nor his actions!! Agreed that can be said of alot of managers and it's part and parcel of the game also, but there seems to be too much fiction with RK's statements!!!

RK can say what he likes and he will get criticesed which os part and parcel of what fans do, some are never satisfied ie me!!!!

I don't think he has talked any more bollocks than 99% of the managers out there. I get the feeling that people would refer someone like Pearce who always speaks his mind and holds his hands up when things go wrong, but is ultimately crapper than Kelly is.

People would like Newell and Holloway, god knows what threads we'd have with the kind of comments they come out with!!!!

I think fans will put up with whatever a manager says if they like them and they are successful. Sadly, Kelly isn't.

He's basically saying 'let's not be complacent', but since he basically says that every week, it means nothing anymore.

I find it difficult to criticise, because I agree with what he's said, but it's hardly a press manipulation masterclass. He should be saying something like it being a chance to get a winning run going again and needing to grab it with both hands against a team that are in the shit, not 'ooh I'd like to win but it could be a bit 'ard like!'.

But it does seem just a tad more positive in tone than most weeks, and what he said after Leeds about us being the only team trying to win is not really like anything Kelly's said before. I think (hope) that he knows he needs to go for it now if he wants to keep his job. I doubt it, but hopefully he'll suprise us all.

Kelly is a moron. Same old useless shite spouted every week. And when do we see evidence of "pulling away" or "wanting to win games"? Not very often if at all. In my opinion, until the team starts performing and indeed picking up tyhe wins required to pull away from the relegation zone, Kelly should just say nothing. Unless he's going to say "goodbye", in which case I'd love to hear him talk. We've heard all this bollocks before from him. Countless times.

At least he doesn't make as many excuses as Levein.

That he doesn't, but the way his team plays football and the way he acts like everything will be fine because we're working hard and we have a fantastic bunch of lads really is annoying me. A lot.

It seems as though he has some of Leveins traits. Maybe that's why he annoys me so much?

Archived