Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

"We must pull away, says Kelly"

Leicester manager Rob Kelly fears defeat against struggling QPR on Saturday could signal the start of a slippery slope back towards relegation trouble.

The Foxes had pulled themselves away from the bottom three with a six-match unbeaten run but that ended at Crystal Palace last weekend and City were then held to a 1-1 home draw by basement club Leeds on Tuesday.

Third-from-bottom Rangers are the next visitors to the Walkers Stadium and Kelly is eyeing a return to winning ways.

"We have got to face another team on Saturday who have sneaked into the bottom three and it is a game we must be looking to win," said Kelly. "We were there ourselves last season and we do not want to be there again. But it will be another tough game.

"I think playing teams at the bottom of the table presents a different problem. We knew Leeds would be difficult to play against because they are fighting for their lives and it will be the same with QPR.

"Those teams play in a different type of way than say when we play a team near the top. But the best way to keep distance between ourselves and those teams is to beat them."

Should he really be thinking about the negative surely that must rubb off on the players defeat shouldnt even be mentioned mr kelly not heard of positive mental attitude

seems like he is making excuses even b4 the kick off

Leicester manager Rob Kelly fears defeat against struggling QPR on Saturday could signal the start of a slippery slope back towards relegation trouble.

The Foxes had pulled themselves away from the bottom three with a six-match unbeaten run but that ended at Crystal Palace last weekend and City were then held to a 1-1 home draw by basement club Leeds on Tuesday.

Third-from-bottom Rangers are the next visitors to the Walkers Stadium and Kelly is eyeing a return to winning ways.

"We have got to face another team on Saturday who have sneaked into the bottom three and it is a game we must be looking to win," said Kelly. "We were there ourselves last season and we do not want to be there again. But it will be another tough game.

"I think playing teams at the bottom of the table presents a different problem. We knew Leeds would be difficult to play against because they are fighting for their lives and it will be the same with QPR.

"Those teams play in a different type of way than say when we play a team near the top. But the best way to keep distance between ourselves and those teams is to beat them."

Should he really be thinking about the negative surely that must rubb off on the players defeat shouldnt even be mentioned mr kelly not heard of positive mental attitude

Same old same old from RK.

He exudes negativity and it shows in the performances week in week out.

This is why he won't be around next season :thumbup:

personally i think he's just trying to gee the players up. since we've been practically safe, the player haven't been putting in the effort, it's like they're mentally already on their holidays. perhaps he's trying to give them a kick up the arse.

Iwish Kelly would pull away

I wish Kelly would pull me off

:mellow:

Kelly has to learn how to manipulate the press a bit more. He's bound to be having a few negative thoughts, thinking about the worst case scenario (only 6 points clear), but he can't let those thoughts get out. These negative vibes just make me more nervous.

Well QPR did gain a point but recently Derby haven't been firing as they were before davies got manager of the month, you only have to date back to feb were they lost three on the trott and their last two games have been a draw and a loss. For me QPR got a point with a out of form Derby. #

And QPR's form is from feb, WLDDLDD, so they are capable of getting draws but i feel we can take them, as they aren't that good really esp up front.

By the time Kelly's finished every game is like a footballing Mount Everest.

Leeds were only "difficult" because, until their opening goal, we gave em more respect than an armed nuke in a dodgem.

It was almost as if Kelly had said: "If we don't hit em perhaps they won't hit us back."

Now he's doing the same with QPR.

Truth is, with just 37 points from 37 games QPR are in a deep Levein and even if they score they're likely to to be nervous as hell protecting it.

Once upon a time Kelly talked about it being "what we do that matters" and I wish he'd show some signs of believing what he says.

If we play our best attacking side and deny them time and space in possession QPR will be exactly what they've been all season - flawed, dead ordinary but with one or two decent individuals...

The template of a championship side really and one that will probably be well pleased to get a point at Leicester.

There's much demand for bus drivers. :whistle:

Just imagine getting on his bus:

"Ladies and gentlemen this is going to be a tough journey,we tried to get there in mid week but destinations in that part of the country are particularly difficult to reach.It is definately a journey we should be looking to complete and both myself and the conductor (who is a recovering junkie on loan from arriva,and passed his sell by date!)will be re-doubling our efforts to get you home. :whistle:

"If no one gets on the bus in this town then no one will be able to get home."

"I've been looking at a number of buses in nearby towns but it seems none of them want to end up here, so I am bringing some very old buses in to plough our routes in a slow and uninspiring fashion."

Just imagine getting on his bus:

"Ladies and gentlemen this is going to be a tough journey,we tried to get there in mid week but destinations in that part of the country are particularly difficult to reach.It is definately a journey we should be looking to complete and both myself and the conductor (who is a recovering junkie on loan from arriva,and passed his sell by date!)will be re-doubling our efforts to get you home. :whistle:

:D

It really, really, really could happen.

RK cant come out with a disrespecful or over-confident statement so Im not too sure what he could come out and say that would make fans happy. Im not too sure why bashing his pre-match talks has become a weekly ritual.

Ive said for a while that I dont want RK to manage us under MM as our future should have a complete fresh look about it from owner to manager to an overhaul of the playing staff but its silly to have a pop at RK about everything IMO.

RK cant come out with a disrespecful or over-confident statement so Im not too sure what he could come out and say that would make fans happy. Im not too sure why bashing his pre-match talks has become a weekly ritual.

Ive said for a while that I dont want RK to manage us under MM as our future should have a complete fresh look about it from owner to manager to an overhaul of the playing staff but its silly to have a pop at RK about everything IMO.

:thumbup:

The bloke may as well not say anything, he gets mocked whether he says positive or negative stuff.

The bloke may as well not say anything, he gets mocked whether he says positive or negative stuff.

Because he's been proven to talk bollocks in the past. I wish he'd be unavailable for comment at times. :D

But it has got to the tsage where fans will criticise him whatever he says, which I suppose is slightly harsh.

I think thats the mistake that many fans make when it come sto there club. If you go to a Leeds United fans forum you will see them slate Wise relentlessly but when it comes to the game they back the team which is what its all about. I get so cheesed off looking around at the faces of our fans and the constant whining about RK during the game as they should be using there energy in singing for the team.

RK has done well in keeping us up and has done a below average job this season with his limited tools. He isnt a miracle worker but he also isnt one of the countless managers that have fooked off to pastures new after doing a job at ours. We need to back the team until the seasons end before we really get sucked into the relegation battle again and then say thankyou to him as he fooks off to someone like Macclesfield as coach.

Because he's been proven to talk bollocks in the past. I wish he'd be unavailable for comment at times. :D

But it has got to the tsage where fans will criticise him whatever he says, which I suppose is slightly harsh.

I don't think he has talked any more bollocks than 99% of the managers out there. I get the feeling that people would refer someone like Pearce who always speaks his mind and holds his hands up when things go wrong, but is ultimately crapper than Kelly is.

People would like Newell and Holloway, god knows what threads we'd have with the kind of comments they come out with!!!!

Archived