Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Can we still go down?

Bloody right we can go down.

its a thing that could go both ways and the league has been tight all season at the top and the bottom.

however much i hate to say this as its mickey adams's saying but we must "keep the faith" in the boys and try to do all we can to stop them from going down by cheering them on apart from that all we can do is hope <_<

I doubt we will go down, alot of the teams have to play each other and a few of them also have some tough teams to play.

..............and d'ya know losing yesterday may just have put another nail into the coffin of Leeds :P

That has actually been a bit of comfort amid the anger and frustration

I did the BBC predictor thing and didn't give us a single win for the rest of the season and we still stayed up comfortably. Its not a nice thing to think about but I'm confident it won't be an issue.

I was certain that we would gain more points than we have in the last 3 games and now I am worried. Thats now 5 games without a win and we arent in form. I know we have a cushion in the table but I think that we need to get some points in the next 3 games or we may well be sucked into a real dogfight.

Yes, but I'm pretty confident we won't. There are three worse teams in the league, and even if we play like three-legged giraffes for the rest of the season I believe we'll still fluke enough points to stay out of trouble.

Thats the problem. All the teams near the bottom of the table are not only picking up points but have points to come as some play each other. Also, alot of them are fighting for there lives and may well beat teams like us who seemingly have nothing to play for as we cant go up or down, until we get really dragged into the relegation fight that is!

Its not going to happen imo.

17 Leicester 38 -7 46

18 Burnley 37 -5 41

19 Hull 39 -17 41

20 Barnsley 39 -24 41

21 QPR 38 -14 40

22 Southend 39 -19 39

23 Luton 39 -20 36

24 Leeds 39 -25 36

For me i think we're safe. Leeds are struggling, even though their unbeaten in three i feel they are not good enough to stay up.

Luton are dead and burried imo.

Southend will probably stay up.

QPR i think will also stay up if they can repeat what they did at the weekend.

Barnsley will probably go down for me, not a fan of them, nor do i think they have the quality to stay up.

We also have a game in hand on the rest, so a win or a draw will take us further away and for me we won't go down. Its mathatically possible, buti don't think its a reality.

Its not going to happen imo.

For me i think we're safe. Leeds are struggling, even though their unbeaten in three i feel they are not good enough to stay up.

Luton are dead and burried imo.

Southend will probably stay up.

QPR i think will also stay up if they can repeat what they did at the weekend.

Barnsley will probably go down for me, not a fan of them, nor do i think they have the quality to stay up.

We also have a game in hand on the rest, so a win or a draw will take us further away and for me we won't go down. Its mathatically possible, buti don't think its a reality.

Luton could potential install a new manager and it wouldnt be the first time that a new man incharge manages to galvanise a response from his players, regardless of ability. QPR have match winners in players like Jones and in particular Cook. They too are unbeaten in 3 and have won at us and drawn away to Derby in there last two games which must have given them momentum. Leeds have some quality strikers for this level and by all accounts have been unlucky in some games that I have seen. Hitting the woodwork, not getting nailed on penos etc. I dont want it to happen but I can see them sneaking out of the relegation zone. Southend have arguably got the easiest run in and have Eastwood in there team which is a huge factor and probably Barnsley are the worst of that bunch and look to me like heading for D1.

Its far from over!

Well Leeds strikers have misfired all season long, and right now they still don't create enough nor finish enough. But still Luton for me even with a new manager is a bit too late, they don't really have enough quality to stay in the league for me.

Well Leeds strikers have misfired all season long, and right now they still don't create enough nor finish enough. But still Luton for me even with a new manager is a bit too late, they don't really have enough quality to stay in the league for me.

I dont know whats wrong with Healey, Blake or Cresswell at Leeds but there is no doubting they are good strikers and could do a job at a higher level than they are currently playing. Maybe its the fact that they cant respect that 4ft 5" Chelsea supporter and the bearded chairman to do well?? lets hope so! :thumbup:

Luton are a crap side after the sales of key players but a new manager, especially a permanent one may well help to kick start there season and save them from relegation. Maybe Micky Adams will come in and do a wonderful job lol???!!!! :ph34r:

I've heard Kevin Blackwell is top of their list of replacements, tbh he is a decent manager but it would be the wrong choice for him right now. But still i also don't understand how Healy who can score against England, hit a hatrick against Spain cannot score regular in this league...also Blake is a good strike who hasn't fired, but Cresswell has just come back from two back to back major injuries so i think he has somewhat of an excuse.

I've heard Kevin Blackwell is top of their list of replacements, tbh he is a decent manager but it would be the wrong choice for him right now. But still i also don't understand how Healy who can score against England, hit a hatrick against Spain cannot score regular in this league...also Blake is a good strike who hasn't fired, but Cresswell has just come back from two back to back major injuries so i think he has somewhat of an excuse.

Maybe Healy just needs a move. I`d have him at Leicester like a shot. 8 goals all season isnt a great return from him for Leeds but I dont think he has ever been prolific for them.

Probably in the wrtong sort of team, i think he could prosper in a team like wigan or Reading in their style of play. But i'd haev him at Leicester too, but i feel he wll want a move to a prem team and tbh i wouldn't blame no one wanting him, as he llooks one lazy guy for his club but a leader for his country,,,

I agree.

Teams below us are starting to pull their finger out and we need to be looking carefully over our shoulder.We havent got the easiest of runs either.We are far from being safe.

What a difference a couple of games can make,few games back we were unbeaten in five and people thought we were home and dry.

Not me mate. I was the one saying if we took our foot off the gas and got complacent thinking we were safe when mathematically we weren't, we'd be dragged back into the dogfight very quickly, and would struggle to pick up the required points because of the teams we still have to play. You should never consider being safe until mathematically certain when you're as inconsistent as we are. I just wish the management and playing staff thought the same way as me. At least they'd still apply the effort in order to avoid complacency and stave off relegation.

Based on the last 6 games 6 teams are worse than us of those only 3, Luton, Burnley, and Leeds are currently below us. Source

Based on the last 8 games 15 teams are worse than us, the 3 teams Luton, Burnley and Leeds are on the worse run of form over those 8 games. Source

So although our form has plummeted on the plus side the form of Luton, Burnley and Leeds has stayed the same.

I guess at this stage we are fast becoming the 4th favourite team to be relegated with QPR, Southend, Hull and Barnsley all showing much improved form over the last 6 & 8 games. If this current trend continues it would need only one of Burnley, Luton or Leeds to get their act together to see use plummet even further especially when you see the games we have left.

Based on the last 6 games 6 teams are worse than us of those only 3, Luton, Burnley, and Leeds are currently below us. Source

Based on the last 8 games 15 teams are worse than us, the 3 teams Luton, Burnley and Leeds are on the worse run of form over those 8 games. Source

So although our form has plummeted on the plus side the form of Luton, Burnley and Leeds has stayed the same.

I guess at this stage we are fast becoming the 4th favourite team to be relegated with QPR, Southend, Hull and Barnsley all showing much improved form over the last 6 & 8 games. If this current trend continues it would need only one of Burnley, Luton or Leeds to get their act together to see use plummet even further especially when you see the games we have left.

Quite worrying when put like that DavieG. Thankfully 51 points is the most any team has been relegated with in the last six seasons. Hopefully City can get the six points (out of a possible 24) required to reach that figure and, consequently, survive.

This is the most worrying part I think. The current form we are on is a complete joke, and if it continues, well then frankly we deserve to be relegated. As you touched on, there is a massive chance we can still plummet further, considering we've still got to play Stoke, Derby, Birmingham, Preston and Wolves. Also, we've got to go away ( :o:cry: ) to a Barnsley team who have improved in recent weeks, play a Norwich team who will always be a handful and go down to Plymouth as well. If we don't act quickly, we're fuc.ked.

Archived