Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flexx

New Manager?

Who should replace Kelly?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Kelly?

• Glenn Hoddle
    • Mike Newell
    • Bryan Robson
    • Graeme Souness
    • Jean Tigana
    • Other

Bryan Robson got more votes than Mike Newell. :blink:

Which just shows how easily people are influenced by his reputation as a player.

If you want to know whether Robson's the best choice as manager for Leicdester City spend time with a seasoned West Brom fan as I do.

I can't believe people would actually want Robson here.

I'd understand if it was a straight choice between him and another set of appalling managers like Hoddle, Kelly, McClaren and Souness...

But to want Robson here in his own right, that's an appalling thought. :sick:

The poll is clearly not clear enough... nobody in their right mind would vote Robson if the poll was a bit broader, a bit more explicit with the names. :whistle:

Out of that bunch, Mike Newell is easily my first choice -- His track record is very good and although he cant keep his mouth shut and brings bad press to the club, I still believe he could take the club foward. He comes with a whole lot of baggage but Im willing to take that to have him here.

id have both Bryan Robson as number 1, with micky newell, number 2, quality backroom staff

The two most dour men in football!

We need a playboy, a drinker, a shagger, a hugh heffner of football!

Someone who will be smashing the players wives and girlfriends on the sly, hanging out the back of 17 year old waitresses 15 minutes before kick off and sticking it to the female admin staff on tim davies desk!!!

Thats what is needed, not a masterful tactician. Just someone can all aspire to be!

Step forward Frank Worthington, Leicester City needs you!!!!

The face Bryan robson puts on after a defeat is one of cluelessness. He doesnt strike me as one to deal with problems when things arent going so smoothly. The only positive I`d say for him is that a couple of his teams, particularly at Middlesbro with Ravenelli, Juninho and Emerson and the WBA side that he left with Koumas, Camara and Phillips used to play really good attacking football at times. Not a great achievement but one small plus to him.

Which just shows how easily people are influenced by his reputation as a player.

If you want to know whether Robson's the best choice as manager for Leicdester City spend time with a seasoned West Brom fan as I do.

Seasoned isn't necessarily reasoned, you've only got to read this forum to know that.

I wouldn't have minded Blackwell, really.

We shouldn't be looking at the unemployed, we've got cash to poach people with. If the rumours of a Billy Davies/Derby Boardroom conflict are true, we should try to nab him.

I'd also be willing to gamble on Ince, who I think will be a superb manager someday, but I accept it'd be a gamble and probably isn't the best idea.

Srečko Katanec (born July 16, 1963 in Ljubljana) was a Slovenian and Yugoslavian football player and is the current coach of the Republic of Macedonia national football team.

I wouldn't have minded Blackwell, really.

We shouldn't be looking at the unemployed, we've got cash to poach people with. If the rumours of a Billy Davies/Derby Boardroom conflict are true, we should try to nab him.

I'd also be willing to gamble on Ince, who I think will be a superb manager someday, but I accept it'd be a gamble and probably isn't the best idea.

Yes but in comparison to Robbo, Souey or Hoddle, Blackwell can't attract better, more high-profile players that we crave. We need a Paul Merson-esque player for the team (like Pompey had him; a player with good status to build the team around)... silly question, but is Dejan Stankovic a likely target???

The two most dour men in football!

We need a playboy, a drinker, a shagger, a hugh heffner of football!

Someone who will be smashing the players wives and girlfriends on the sly, hanging out the back of 17 year old waitresses 15 minutes before kick off and sticking it to the female admin staff on tim davies desk!!!

Thats what is needed, not a masterful tactician. Just someone can all aspire to be!

Step forward Frank Worthington, Leicester City needs you!!!!

How about Gene Hunt? Oh sorry i forgot he's a fictional character.

Yes but in comparison to Robbo, Souey or Hoddle, Blackwell can't attract better, more high-profile players that we crave. We need a Paul Merson-esque player for the team (like Pompey had him; a player with good status to build the team around)... silly question, but is Dejan Stankovic a likely target???

Manwell's gonna love this one.

Tigana would be nice. He probaby has no interest of joining us though...

And could you blame him? His current club play at a higher level than what we do, and I think (not 100% sure) he's doing well with them over there. What would he want to trade in a decent squad for a lower bottom-half mediocrity like us for?? My guess is he wouldn't.

Archived