Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Come on then tell me what Levi Porter does?

on so many occasions today when maybury picked up the ball porter ran short towards half way ish followed in close company, and maybury passed it in to him. In that situation with porter facing his own goal and mears up his arse all he can really do is ship it back again. It would have been nice to see maybury actually overlap to create a space and a possible pass, or levi, instead of coming short, make a run down the line and let ****wit maybury either play the pass or himself run into space. The whole porter maybury partnership just isn't working.

on so many occasions today when maybury picked up the ball porter ran short towards half way ish followed in close company, and maybury passed it in to him. In that situation with porter facing his own goal and mears up his arse all he can really do is ship it back again. It would have been nice to see maybury actually overlap to create a space and a possible pass, or levi, instead of coming short, make a run down the line and let ****wit maybury either play the pass or himself run into space. The whole porter maybury partnership just isn't working.

So time and time again if you are showing for the ball and the Derby player has your number, do you not think you might try something else :dunno:

So time and time again if you are showing for the ball and the Derby player has your number, do you not think you might try something else :dunno:

Can't you just applaud the Derby defending? They made Levi's game very hard for him.

My oh my fancy Derby players closing down Leicester players, how unsporting of them. Personally I would have thought that it would be down to little Levi to create space allowing the lambasted Maybury to give our creative genius the ball :dunno:

I have repeatedly read on here Porter is as tricky player yet he couldn't beat those pesky Rams players who closed him down.

He doesn't have the freedom to break up the system, that's obvious. He's clearly under particular instructions as to his role.

And Porter is not a particularly tricky player he's a passer and as I've mentioned elsewhere we are allowing him to make the best of that ability either with our team selection or our rigid and too cautious tactics.

Hughes was nothing special at all today and for the usual reasons. He just doesn't prompt enough penetration from midfield and never has enough conviction in the attackin penalty area.

His one shot was a perfect example. He took time and trouble but in blasting the shot he leaned away from th ball and lost his balance. It was a typical Hughes shot really.

Apart from that he never really got through to where it hurt but made periphery passes. It makes him forever look involved but there is so little product.

We never swamp forward in numbers when we attack and he is part of the reason but by no means all of it.

I really fail to understand why Kelly persists with 4-4-2 with our personnel. We don't have a genuinely effective winger in the club, apart from Newton who looks like he'll never be fit and Gradel who clearly doesn't suit.

That's appalling I know. But given that it's a fact we need another system which will give us balance and a smooth momentum.

And how we need passers and movers as Fryatt emphasised briefly. with him back we could easily play 4-3-3 and the need to have anyone out of position would disappear as would the need to keep humping the ball in the air - a tactic which simply defies belief to me.

I'm sorry but having read BartonFox's comment I have to chip in!

I saw the game from sunny Surrey with a non foxes fan today and he was wondering why:

1) Our (attack minded) Left winger i.e. Levi Porter spent most of the first half in the Left Back position (where are you Mr Maybury?),

2) Why Maybury in particular decided the best form of attack or passing was to launch the ball about 50 yards into the air only for it to come pinging back to him (did he not notice the man-mountains in the Derby defence??)

Everytime Levi had the ball there was a sense of "something" about to happen. He was invariably involved in the good things in the game. Even for the Derby goal he ran back to no avail. Levi and Titatto (man on fire!) were the only good things in our midfield today. UNfortunately for Levi the Derby players noticed and flocked around him - so where were his team mates when he needed them? You can't expect our most attacking midfielder to cover Maybury's inadequate asss and at the same time be a potent attacking force.

On the other hand - Jarrett and Hughes - please leave stage Exit Left and shut the door behind you.

He doesn't have the freedom to break up the system, that's obvious. He's clearly under particular instructions as to his role.

And Porter is not a particularly tricky player he's a passer and as I've mentioned elsewhere we are allowing him to make the best of that ability either with our team selection or our rigid and too cautious tactics.

Hughes was nothing special at all today and for the usual reasons. He just doesn't prompt enough penetration from midfield and never has enough conviction in the attackin penalty area.

His one shot was a perfect example. He took time and trouble but in blasting the shot he leaned away from th ball and lost his balance. It was a typical Hughes shot really.

Apart from that he never really got through to where it hurt but made periphery passes. It makes him forever look involved but there is so little product.

We never swamp forward in numbers when we attack and he is part of the reason but by no means all of it.

I really fail to understand why Kelly persists with 4-4-2 with our personnel. We don't have a genuinely effective winger in the club, apart from Newton who looks like he'll never be fit and Gradel who clearly doesn't suit.

That's appalling I know. But given that it's a fact we need another system which will give us balance and a smooth momentum.

And how we need passers and movers as Fryatt emphasised briefly. with him back we could easily play 4-3-3 and the need to have anyone out of position would disappear as would the need to keep humping the ball in the air - a tactic which simply defies belief to me.

Good grief, now he isn't allowed to think for himself he must stay and allow Mears to man mark him :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but having read BartonFox's comment I have to chip in!

I saw the game from sunny Surrey with a non foxes fan today and he was wondering why:

1) Our (attack minded) Left winger i.e. Levi Porter spent most of the first half in the Left Back position (where are you Mr Maybury?),

2) Why Maybury in particular decided the best form of attack or passing was to launch the ball about 50 yards into the air only for it to come pinging back to him (did he not notice the man-mountains in the Derby defence??)

Everytime Levi had the ball there was a sense of "something" about to happen. He was invariably involved in the good things in the game. Even for the Derby goal he ran back to no avail. Levi and Titatto (man on fire!) were the only good things in our midfield today. UNfortunately for Levi the Derby players noticed and flocked around him - so where were his team mates when he needed them? You can't expect our most attacking midfielder to cover Maybury's inadequate asss and at the same time be a potent attacking force.

On the other hand - Jarrett and Hughes - please leave stage Exit Left and shut the door behind you.

Holy christ, you're all out tonight aint'cha.

Porter never once gave a decent option all afternoon.

Perhaps if there was a hint of movement then Maybury wouldn't have had to launch the ball 50 yards.

How the f'ck can you say Porter was one of the only good things in our midfield today? He was utter dog filth he only touched the ball about 8 times. F'ckn useless.

Perhaps if there was a hint of movement then Maybury wouldn't have had to launch the ball 50 yards.

Or maybe if we had any tactical common sense anywhere in the club? What the fook are Kelly and Stowell writing on those notepads? It best be Suduko, because if it's battle-plans it's a waste of fooking ink.

Everyone with experience playing in Scotland was amazing today. Everyone else was shit. What a load of rubbish. Sack Kelly. Shoot Porter. City for the SPL!

Today Hughes aqnd Maybury were 2 of or 3 best players, but it is amazing just how difficult it is for people to admit it.

Porter was worse than Elvis Hammond and yet he remained on the field and yes Kelly needs to be sacked but he should never have been given the job in the first place.

:thumbup:

Or maybe if we had any tactical common sense anywhere in the club? What the fook are Kelly and Stowell writing on those notepads? It best be Suduko, because if it's battle-plans it's a waste of fooking ink.

True.

But you's still hope the players would show some original thought process, Fryatt certainly did.

How were Maybury and Hughes two of the three best players when Henderson had a solid enough game, Tiatto gave a near career best, Fryatt looked (and was) match winning when he got on the field, Hume was probably the only man on the field who looked like making Derby's defence nervous and even Jason fockin' Jarret probably had a higher complete pass percentage than they? Don't get me wrong, I think we were largely toss today - but I think you've been rockin' the chronic if you think Maybes and Hughes were somehow inspirational.

How were Maybury and Hughes two of the three best players when Henderson had a solid enough game, Tiatto gave a near career best, Fryatt looked (and was) match winning when he got on the field, Hume was probably the only man on the field who looked like making Derby's defence nervous and even Jason fockin' Jarret probably had a higher complete pass percentage than they? Don't get me wrong, I think we were largely toss today - but I think you've been rockin' the chronic if you think Maybes and Hughes were somehow inspirational today.

Never said Hughes and Maybury were inspirational and Fryatt was the only outfield other player I would give pass marks to.

Hume runs around a lot but does nothing where it matters.

Hammond :laugh:

Stearman needs to get shot of Kelly and Stowell.

Kisnorbo was all over the place at fault for the goal

Kenton was similar nowhere for the goal

Jarrett was dreadful but made a beaut of a tackle and knocked the ball up to Fryatt.

Tiatto ran all over the gaff but that was all and he was very lucky to remain on the field, he won't be missed.

Hughes had a shaky 5 minutes or so but tried to make things happen yet he gets villified for it. Wasn;t inspirational or a world beater but played well in comparison to the rest of them.

Yeates was a disgrace his ball in to L1 under no pressure was pure Sunday League.

Porter well lets leave that

Fryatt showed his class

Maybury was solid played well with no real outlets, his one big ricket was immediately rectified with a great tackle.

If every team we've played in the last few games thinks Porter is a threat to their defence then how is it Porter is sh-it!!!!?!??!?!?!?! Sometimes I think City fans are their own WORST enemies!

Any other club in the land woulf try and maximise any half decent attacking potential their team my posess by capitalising on them. But no, we're Leicester City. Instead we hope Hume can pick the ball up on the half way line and run the ball into the bleeding net. And we have a go at a pint sized little bag of tricks for being useless when surrounded by 3 or 4 other opposition all game (and not jsut today but for the past few games).

Yes Maybury managed to defend acceptably. But the other HALF yes HALF of his game was completely missing - that is playing in tandem with the man above him i.e. Levi. Levi wasn't amazing today but can you blame him for being surrounded by morons? Hughes looked like a strong gust of wind would have tackled him and thats if he didn't manage to tackle himself off the ball like he was doing pretty much throughout the game. If an experience player can't control the ball properly and can't do simple short passes effectively what hope do we have?

Hume runs around a lot but does nothing where it matters. The same in reverse can be said for Hume as you're claiming for Hughes. You say Hughes needs options, well Hume needs service. I think he's a lively, hard-working striker with an alright finish. Not the best, maybe, and not too composed but he's young and confident.

Hammond laughing.gif Agreed. One of the worst players I've seen in years.

Stearman needs to get shot of Kelly and Stowell. Possibly. I don't quite see the dazzling talent everyone else does, I think he's got a good touch. But that doesn't make someone the next John Terry.

Kisnorbo was all over the place at fault for the goal. The whole back four were, really. Totally absent at right-back, Fagan just drifted straight in.

Kenton was similar nowhere for the goal Mmhhmm.

Jarrett was dreadful but made a beaut of a tackle and knocked the ball up to Fryatt. He's always dreadful, why we thought he'd be productive is beyond me. He only seems to know how to pass the ball sideways, though at least he's encouraging width and has a degree of confidence on the ball.

Tiatto ran all over the gaff but that was all and he was very lucky to remain on the field, he won't be missed. Any other day I'd agree, and you're right about him being fortunate (though so was Macken, tbh) - but he ran and ran today and it was that determination that we needed.

Hughes had a shaky 5 minutes or so but tried to make things happen yet he gets villified for it. Wasn;t inspirational or a world beater but played well in comparison to the rest of them. Narh, see that's where your argument fails. He didn't. He looks uncomfortable and nervous on the ball, is clearly affected by the pressures and pace of the Championship (ahahaha) and really needs a supportive and encouraging manager to bring out the talent in him that is obviously apparent in training as we keep getting told he's a promising lad? Did literally nothing today except blaze a promising attempt miles wide.

Yeates was a disgrace his ball in to L1 under no pressure was pure Sunday League. Meh, again, at least he's confident on the ball and is capable of retaining it. His shot was, while shite, better than Hughes'. "Pure Sunday League" is a great exageration, but no surprise from you.

Porter well lets leave that Amen.

Fryatt showed his class Amen.

Maybury was solid played well with no real outlets, his one big ricket was immediately rectified with a great tackle. How are you not embarrassed of that comment? Is it thrown on the end of several reasonable ones to lull me in? He was crap, is crap and we really should have taken 500k for him. He was frequently absent, out of position and seemed totally unable of retaining ball. You can't blame Porter for his unintelligent lack of creative sense. He isn't there to be a playmaker, he's there to defend. So he should stick to his job and just look to sensibly distribute towards the middle - via Tiatto and Jarret if Porter isn't on. Or, hell, across the back four if needs be.

Today Hughes aqnd Maybury were 2 of or 3 best players, but it is amazing just how difficult it is for people to admit it.

:thumbup:

Why would we find it dificult to admit when they were shit!I'm a Leicester fan,i dont want to knock our players,i'd rather be praising them but the only players who deserve praise from yesterdays performance was Tiatto,Fryatt and "hhhuuummmeee" in my opinion.i'd love to be able to say they were good(maybes and hughes) but they werent...end off.You stick to your opinion and stop giving people greif for expressing theres.

Why does he get away with performances like that? One of the worst I have seen from any Leicester player all season including Hammond. Thank Christ Maybury was on his game again because that headless chicken offered nothing. Ran round like a lost sheep.

Great cross :laugh: oh yeah and shot when it was easier to square it or even shoot across goal, but no lets wang it at the already covered near post, f'ckn clown.

Giles Barnes was poor today but Porter will never even hit those heights.

He is over-rated by some thats for sure but has some talent and should be kept as a squad member. I suppose being from the academy we hope he is better than he actually is but if yesterday is anything to go by, he wont go very far lol. I reckon he`ll come good but he wont be another Ryan Giggs thats for sure!

Maybury was solid played well with no real outlets, his one big ricket was immediately rectified with a great tackle. How are you not embarrassed of that comment? Is it thrown on the end of several reasonable ones to lull me in? He was crap, is crap and we really should have taken 500k for him. He was frequently absent, out of position and seemed totally unable of retaining ball. You can't blame Porter for his unintelligent lack of creative sense. He isn't there to be a playmaker, he's there to defend. So he should stick to his job and just look to sensibly distribute towards the middle - via Tiatto and Jarret if Porter isn't on. Or, hell, across the back four if needs be.

I stil lcan't get over that people thought Maybury had a bad game yesterday, really I can't he ws the pick of a bad bunch. With little on no movement in front of him or in central midfield he was always going to go long. Given that Hammond and Hume offer nothing in the creation of space, it makes me wonder what people expect.

But for many no one is allowed to question Hume nor are they allowed to praise the 'hated' ones.

Archived