Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Come on then tell me what Levi Porter does?

Why does he get away with performances like that? One of the worst I have seen from any Leicester player all season including Hammond. Thank Christ Maybury was on his game again because that headless chicken offered nothing. Ran round like a lost sheep.

Great cross :laugh: oh yeah and shot when it was easier to square it or even shoot across goal, but no lets wang it at the already covered near post, f'ckn clown.

Giles Barnes was poor today but Porter will never even hit those heights.

Why does he get away with performances like that? One of the worst I have seen from any Leicester player all season including Hammond. Thank Christ Maybury was on his game again because that headless chicken offered nothing. Ran round like a lost sheep.

Great cross :laugh: oh yeah and shot when it was easier to square it or even shoot across goal, but no lets wang it at the already covered near post, f'ckn clown.

I forgot you're a professional footballer. Lay off him.

Plus it's his birthday.

though i tend to agree he isn't as good as people on hear make out (in the same way they did stearman last season), he isn't the main problem with the midfield and at least stays wide and balances us out a little.

with your criticism i note you neglected to offer a replacement so who should take his place then barton?

Your opinions on Levi have lost all credibility for me after that comment. Maybury is a liability.

Proves just how prejudical the LCFC support is.

He was awful but seems exempt from any kind of criticism on here.

What did you think to Hughes today Barton Fox?

Thought he was the pick of the 4 midfielders who started. Jarrett is laughable, slow cumbersome and uses his fat arse to push players out the way. He was missing for the whole first half. Tiatto was his usual shite thuggish self.

The thing that stood Hughes out from the other 3 incompetants was that when the crowd turned on him after his 5 minute spell of pish in the first half he stayed with it and never hid. People call him a bottler, he has more heart than most out there.

Admittedly we scored when he went off but he never deserved to be pulled, he was the only one putting his foot on the ball throughout.

Still if you want a team of headless chickens then you are getting them in Jarrett, Tiatto, Porter, Hume and Hammond. Personally I prefer to see my players on the ball and not twirlling round like the tazmainian devil.

Thought he was the pick of the 4 midfielders who started. Jarrett is laughable, slow cumbersome and uses his fat arse to push players out the way. He was missing for the whole first half. Tiatto was his usual shite thuggish self.

The thing that stood Hughes out from the other 3 incompetants was that when the crowd turned on him after his 5 minute spell of pish in the first half he stayed with it and never hid. People call him a bottler, he has more heart than most out there.

Admittedly we scored when he went off but he never deserved to be pulled, he was the only one putting his foot on the ball throughout.

Still if you want a team of headless chickens then you are getting them in Jarrett, Tiatto, Porter, Hume and Hammond. Personally I prefer to see my players on the ball and not twirlling round like the tazmainian devil.

Yeah, Hughes put his foot on the ball but don't you think a right midfielder, which I presume is the role he was meant to be playing, should spend a little more time on the right wing supporting the right back than in the midlle of the park?

Laughable comment.

Are you Stephen Hughes? Or Craig Levein?

Hughes was the worst player on the park, did nothing and was booed for a reason- hes shite.

Porter didnt have his best game no, but when he had the ball he tried to run at the opposition and tried to make things happen- just because it didnt quite come off for him today hes worse than Hughes.

Whatever.

Think derby actually realised that porter was a threat, they doubled up on him.

Amazing football, how people opinions vary, porter would be prob amoung the first names i'd put on the team sheet.

Wasn't his best game today though.

As for hughes pah, he's useless. Though don't think its right for people to cheer when he's taken off.

I thought Levi was pretty average but I also think a lot of that was down to Maybury, who I believe was very poor, they just don't work together.

I'm still failing to understand why Nissa, who I'm not a great fan of was dropped as he and Levi were just starting to work together. I also think Maybury is much more beneficial at RB and much better than Stearman is currently.

As for Hughes I thought he was better than Jarrett and as for him moving inside I'm convinced that's RKs doing, it's his way of strengthening a generally weak midfield and frankly there is no proper solution to that.

As for Yeates replacing Hughes what a complete waste of time that was and that ball Yeates put out for a thrown in must rank along side one of the worst passes I've witnessed. Another in the short history of fail RK wingers.

There's no point arguing with Barton. He's as biased towards his fellow Scots as Thracian is to his academy kids. Never a bad word can be spoken about Hughes or even Levein (Levein's failings were due to Rob Kelly being his assistant).

Admittedly I haven't seen the last few games, but from the recent games that I have seen Hughes was appalling. Everyone on here has slated him again today and yet Barton still calls him 'the pick of the midfield'. I know who I'd rather believe.

There's no point arguing with Barton. He's as biased towards his fellow Scots as Thracian is to his academy kids. Never a bad word can be spoken about Hughes or even Levein (Levein's failings were due to Rob Kelly being his assistant).

Admittedly I haven't seen the last few games, but from the recent games that I have seen Hughes was appalling. Everyone on here has slated him again today and yet Barton still calls him 'the pric,k of the midfield'. I know who I'd rather believe.

Fair enough, he did come more into the game when he drifted into cm, but was still shite

At least Porter gives us an outlet on the wing. I agree Porter did have a poor game today but Hughes was just as bad if not worse. I would rather have Porter wide if I was a defender to. Hughes offers no help to Stearman on the right and constantly leaves him out numbered.

Defensively Maybury did well but he totally starved Porter first half and offered nothing at all going forward.

There was one classic example when he broke up an attack on the edge of his own box. Porter broke fast just ahead of him and Maybury totally ignored him in trying to play a much more ambitious ball down the flank.

There were five or six other times when he spotted Porter, decided he was too closely marked and just lumped the ball hopefully forward, straight onto Derby heads.

When a winger's being tightly marked, one way to cope is to have him come further back and have runners going into space behind the full-back. Another is for our full-back to carry the ball forward and for the winger to move inside a bit. The full-back hits the wingers feet and takes the first time return by overlapping on the outside.

There were no runners behind and there was no overlapping from Maybury - nor indeed any passes to Porter's feet until the second half when Maybury was clearly given orders to feed the winger and when we improved considerably in the way we played and in our attacking scope, particularly when Fryatt was there making some of the runs I mentioned.

Truth is Leicester have one of the most static bunch of professional players I've ever seen. There really is minimal running off the ball. Hence it is so easy for the opposuition to single out anyone and keep them quiet.

For all that Porter hardly ever gave the ball away, unlike Maybury, Stearman, Hughes etc.

That doesn't mean he played well - he was never going to play well in the circumstances I've described and being locked into a particular role - but he was no sort of weak link. No-one else in our squad would have made particular progress in that position and given that situation.

I think Levi wasnt given the ball enough today,he is wasted if were not gonna use him.He had space numerous times in the 1st half but never recieves the ball once.

Hughes was pathetic today,no coincidence that we scored when he came off.

Guest Gist

He's lightweight and playing out of posistion with balls being launched up to him, it's no wonder he has so many poor games. Personally I feel for the guy.

Archived