Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lets Be having You

Please NO milan

You've seen a lot of football. Care to say what team you'd play in this predicament?.

If mine was the one they would play I would pick one. Until then I'll leave it to the boss.

The trouble is that I don't think I have seen any of our lot perform at more than 50% of their capability all season. You could probably play the same team as we did on Monday and they would probably look like Real Madrid in comparison to that perfomance with some decent tactics and management.

In a nutshell I am glad I am not boss. Finding 11 players I would be comfortable fielding on Saturday is not an enviable task.

I think people easily confuse managers who are 'nice' with managers who run their mouths off.

Just look at Reading and Steve Coppell. He is the personification of cool. He never loses his temper or aimlessly runs his mouth off. Just because you are quiet it doesn't mean you are necessarily nice. I also get the impression that if he wanted to Worthington could lose it and not be quite so 'nice'.

In any event there is a lot more to management than whether you are nice or not. It is about being a leader and getting a performance from a team through leadership and through player respect. Respect isn't earned from barking at people...that just attracts ridicule.

I personally want to see what the bloke does before I judge him. If you want to just decide based on your set of preconceptions that is your choice also. I just can't see the point.

Worthington can jump up and down and get excited if I'm not mistaken.

Didn't he once stick two fingers up at Neil Warnock? lol:dunno:

Not from what I have seen. But I guess the proof will be in seeing what he can manage at Leicester. It may well be a case of Hoof for now because very few of the players we have in this club have any confidence left.

Worthington on the whole is not a hoof ball manager though. I can't agree with that...sorry.

I watched Blackpool throughout the Worthington days, and sorry mate your off the mark, he's the hoofball master and that was one of the leading factors why the fans turned on him. Maybe he's changed his tactical stance since then but i doubt it with what the Norfolk lads are saying.

I think people easily confuse managers who are 'nice' with managers who run their mouths off.

Just look at Reading and Steve Coppell. He is the personification of cool. He never loses his temper or aimlessly runs his mouth off. Just because you are quiet it doesn't mean you are necessarily nice. I also get the impression that if he wanted to Worthington could lose it and not be quite so 'nice'.

In any event there is a lot more to management than whether you are nice or not. It is about being a leader and getting a performance from a team through leadership and through player respect. Respect isn't earned from barking at people...that just attracts ridicule.

I personally want to see what the bloke does before I judge him. If you want to just decide based on your set of preconceptions that is your choice also. I just can't see the point.

Some of the quiet or quieter ones can be the most calculating and ruthless. And I'm always wary of people with a natural or seemingly permanent smiles.

Didnt Nigel Worthington gift Man Utd the title when he just stood on the goal line playing for Sheff Wed and watched Steve Bruces header sail over him???

Quality clip, they show it on soccer am all the time!!!!

To be fair to Worthington though, he just has to get the most out of us for the next few games, how he does it and in what style is irrelevant really!

Quality clip, they show it on soccer am all the time!!!!

To be fair to Worthington though, he just has to get the most out of us for the next few games, how he does it and in what style is irrelevant really!

He just doesnt look like he should be involved in not only football, but sport as a whole. He looks like a dentist....

Milan keeps stressing its a 5 game contract so even he is probably hoping we scrape a result or two so we survive, then he'll say cheerio Nige...... and then...... Welcome, Mr Coleman..

He just doesnt look like he should be involved in not only football, but sport as a whole. He looks like a dentist....

Milan keeps stressing its a 5 game contract so even he is probably hoping we scrape a result or two so we survive, then he'll say cheerio Nige...... and then...... Welcome, Mr Coleman..

Nigel Worthington.

guysmiley.jpg

Becker from Sesame Street.

featured_article2.jpg

FFS, after reading most of the posts on here, I seriously believe that a lot of the posters are so damned negative, they could drain Sizewell B!

Personal slaggings (smelling like dog poo, director is a slag) have no place on here.

Give the guy a bloody chance, he has 5 games and frankly we have nothing to lose that we didn't have before. If we go down with Worthington, we'd have gone down with Kelly, simple as.

FFS, after reading most of the posts on here, I seriously believe that a lot of the posters are so damned negative, they could drain Sizewell B!

Personal slaggings (smelling like dog poo, director is a slag) have no place on here.

Give the guy a bloody chance, he has 5 games and frankly we have nothing to lose that we didn't have before. If we go down with Worthington, we'd have gone down with Kelly, simple as.

Well said but SF it will only fall on deaf ears, some people on this forum just like to rant and relieve whatever tensions they have. On the plus side they make me realise how mentally stable I am!!! :D

No Thanks

The worst thing that could happen is that he impresses as the manager and we win most games. Im happy that he is going for option B and scraping the odd point and looking quite crap.

I would take option A over option C (going down) any day. :thumbup:

Worthington has had 2 days with the players, and the way we played yesterday, we could already see the effect he has had.

We was playing lovely passing football, then through balls from midfield into the strikers.

All be it, the fitness levels let the game plan down, and even Worthington has admitted that...but atleast he can now see what we are lacking(fitness) and can work on that criteria in the week ahead.

He has noticed that after 2 days, Rob Kelly had a year....Still didn't do nothing.

Worthington has had 2 days with the players, and the way we played yesterday, we could already see the effect he has had.

We was playing lovely passing football, then through balls from midfield into the strikers.

All be it, the fitness levels let the game plan down, and even Worthington has admitted that...but atleast he can now see what we are lacking(fitness) and can work on that criteria in the week ahead.

He has noticed that after 2 days, Rob Kelly had a year....Still didn't do nothing.

The football played was a vast improvement, if we improve our fitness over the next week we could find a few points out of the four remaining games.

Archived