Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lets Be having You

Please NO milan

If it wasn't for Worthingtons experience in this league there is no way he would of got this job. I think it was right in-front of Milan to take him on for the rest of the season. I don't want to see him next year. If he does a great job then well done but I don't think he'd be the man to take us forward and past Milan's 3 year plan.

If it wasn't for Worthingtons experience in this league there is no way he would of got this job. I think it was right in-front of Milan to take him on for the rest of the season. I don't want to see him next year. If he does a great job then well done but I don't think he'd be the man to take us forward and past Milan's 3 year plan.

look lets face it, Milan got wortho because no other managers are desperate enough to take a job for just 5 games to see the door at the end of the season, Milan already knows what hes doing at the end of the season, he knows wether wortho is staying or not already! this is nothing to do with the last 5 games if he wants wortho hel keep him simpla as that. im behind the man until he makes a mistake i dont see how people can judge him yet..... hes only been here on day, i hate it when people judge people on there past, ffs if people judged me on my past then i sure wouldnt be playing football as a defender at all, lol people would stay clear of me because i played for a club that conceeded 13 goals every week a couple of years back. ffs guys give him a chance...... ure being like a manager in a business that hates aprentice's. its boring and old so GET behind the team AND the manager and lets look forward not back!

Oh come on people! At least let's see his tactics. The players may win because of what their mentality is at the minute... manager sacked and in a relegation battle but we cannot assess NW until we have seen his attitude, his tactics and how the players come out at half time (eg. his team talks)

Give him a chance, there's no point in complaining. And besides, I don't believe that NW is the man MM wants for the long term, if he was he'd have got him in straight away rather than because he had to due to poor form. He's a stopgap, nothing more.

I think it is a good apppointment.

He has experience of this league with his time at Norwich, guiding them to safety when he took over and then eventually getting them promoted to the premiership. Yes Norwich were relegated eventually from the premiership, but only on the very last day and at least you can say he has managed at that level. If anything he was a victim of his own successes at Norwich which eventually cost him his job. Can they honestly now say they are better for losing him...I don't think so!

For me he ticks all the boxes. We need a manager who isn't an experiment. When you look at all of our recent managers none of them have had an once of experience at this level and that is most probably why they have all failed. Taylor, Kelly, Levein etc have all been an experiment. I for one am tired of this and feel we NEED experience. In worthington we have that. We also have a manager who's prefered style is to get the ball on the ground and play attractive passing football.

I can't believe the attitude of some of the people on here. If you were expecting Mourino to breeze in I think it is about time some of you woke up. Also the notion that we take another gamble on Paul Ince is laughable...another man with no experience of this division. You'd probably be the same people calling for his head and slagging off Milan for picking a manager with no experience. Lets have some bloody perspective!

Whatever happens at the end of the day now is the time that we must be united behind the team so cut the bollocks talk and lets get behind them.

I think it is a good apppointment.

He has experience of this league with his time at Norwich, guiding them to safety when he took over and then eventually getting them promoted to the premiership. Yes Norwich were relegated eventually from the premiership, but only on the very last day and at least you can say he has managed at that level. If anything he was a victim of his own successes at Norwich which eventually cost him his job. Cna they honestly now say they are better for losing him...I don't think so!

For me he ticks all the boxes. We need a manager who isn't an experiment. When you look at all of our recent managers none of them have had an once of experience at this level and that is most probably why they have all failed. Taylor, Kelly, Levein etc have all been an experiment. I for one am tired of this and feel we NEED experience. In worthington we have that. We also have a manager who's prefered style is to get the ball on the ground and play attractive passing football.

I can't believe the attitude of some of the people on here. If you were expecting Mourino to breeze in I think it is about time some of you woke up. Also the notion that we take another gamble on Paul Ince is laughable...another man with no experience of this division. You'd probably be the smae people calling for his head and slagging off Milan for picking a manager with no experience. Lets have some bloody perspective!

Whatever happens at the end of the day now is the time that we must be united behind the team so cut the bollocks talk and lets get behind them.

Ouch, you were doing so well until then. He has an extensive history of hoofball.

As I understandit he had one bad season at norwich and a few good ones including a automatic promotion. I struggle very hard to see how he is like kelly.

He has achieved promotion from this division.

He favours attacking football and killing of teams.

Ouch, you were doing so well until then. He has an extensive history of hoofball.

Not from what I have seen. But I guess the proof will be in seeing what he can manage at Leicester. It may well be a case of Hoof for now because very few of the players we have in this club have any confidence left.

Worthington on the whole is not a hoof ball manager though. I can't agree with that...sorry.

As I understandit he had one bad season at norwich and a few good ones including a automatic promotion. I struggle very hard to see how he is like kelly.

He has achieved promotion from this division.

He favours attacking football and killing of teams.

It's because he's a great bunch of lads - apparently. :unsure:

He's a bunch of lads :dunno::blink:

I must say he disguises that well.

:ph34r:

He's too similar to Kelly in that he's a bit too nice - so it would seem. That's the comparison people are drawing.

They (the doubters) reckon he'll turn around and use some top draw Kellyisms - "we are where we are", "they're a great bunch of lads... as honest as the day is long" etc etc.

Come on everyone, give the guy a chance. He's not my cup of tea as well but if he proves he can manage Leicester, why not give him the job? After all he was the manager who got Norwich promoted and almost kept them up in the Premiership, wasn't he? If he was to get the job full-time and all fails after the honeymoon peroid, i'm sure Milan would have no hesitation in sacking him.

Not from what I have seen. But I guess the proof will be in seeing what he can manage at Leicester. It may well be a case of Hoof for now because very few of the players we have in this club have any confidence left.

Worthington on the whole is not a hoof ball manager though. I can't agree with that...sorry.

I'll cave in to you on this cause tbh I don't have first hand evidence, but all I've heard from Norwich fans and other football fans is that he's the master of hoofball football.

:ph34r:

He's too similar to Kelly in that he's a bit too nice - so it would seem. That's the comparison people are drawing.

They (the doubters) reckon he'll turn around and use some top draw Kellyisms - "we are where we are", "they're a great bunch of lads... as honest as the day is long" etc etc.

I think people easily confuse managers who are 'nice' with managers who run their mouths off.

Just look at Reading and Steve Coppell. He is the personification of cool. He never loses his temper or aimlessly runs his mouth off. Just because you are quiet it doesn't mean you are necessarily nice. I also get the impression that if he wanted to Worthington could lose it and not be quite so 'nice'.

In any event there is a lot more to management than whether you are nice or not. It is about being a leader and getting a performance from a team through leadership and through player respect. Respect isn't earned from barking at people...that just attracts ridicule.

I personally want to see what the bloke does before I judge him. If you want to just decide based on your set of preconceptions that is your choice also. I just can't see the point.

I'll cave in to you on this cause tbh I don't have first hand evidence, but all I've heard from Norwich fans and other football fans is that he's the master of hoofball football.

You don't have to watch a lot of Norwich games to know that he got them passing it well, (although I Have seen a fair few from their premiership season on sky) they absolutely pissed the pants off us at the walkers in our last home game of the season the year we were (last) promoted to the premiership...we couldn't get near them.

You don't have to watch a lot of Norwich games to know that he got them passing it well, (although I Have seen a fair few from their premiership season on sky) they absolutely pissed the pants off us at the walkers in our last home game of the season the year we were (last) promoted to the premiership...we couldn't get near them.

I do remember wanting Norwich to stay up the year they were in the Prem because they were the only side that came up that tried to play proper football.

Emphasis on 'tried', though. :/

I do remember wanting Norwich to stay up the year they were in the Prem because they were the only side that came up that tried to play proper football.

Emphasis on 'tried', though. :/

The problem is that they probably didn't have quite enough money to build a total footballing team lol

Delia would have to bake a lot more cakes to get them a Ronaldiniho(sp)

Archived