Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

Maybury

For me Alan Maybury has the worst distribution I've seen for years from a fullback, and I'm not even exaggerating. Sadly at the moment he is rather symbolic of our style. Everytime he recieves the ball in space he decides, rather than to retain the ball to hoof it up the line. At Plymouth Levi was expected to make use of this. Yet I noticed a different thread whereby most people would select him tonight. Stearman may not had a great season, but are people telling me Maybury is better! :unsure:

He manages to make Andy Impey look world class for **** sake!

Please Alan, prove me wrong tonight, cut inside your full back, deliver a few decent balls, beat the first man from a cross, and bury one when you cut inside (as I've seen him do at least once).

For me Alan Maybury has the worst distribution I've seen for years from a fullback, and I'm not even exaggerating. Sadly at the moment he is rather symbolic of our style. Everytime he recieves the ball in space he decides, rather than to retain the ball to hoof it up the line. At Plymouth Levi was expected to make use of this. Yet I noticed a different thread whereby most people would select him tonight. Stearman may not had a great season, but are people telling me Maybury is better! :unsure:

Please Alan, prove me wrong tonight, cut inside your full back, deliver a few decent balls, beat the first man from a cross, and bury one when you cut inside (as I've seen him do at least once).

agree 100 % with that

Alas it was just the one!

By comparison Impey was world class. if only we could have some of those players back.

It would be nice for him if he had options to pass to for a start.... :unsure:

:clap:

Ssshhhh, that involves slagging off the midget. Perhaps if the woeful Foxestalk idol was any good he might provide a decent outlet.

Still best not slag of Levi, eh?

Ssshhhh, that involves slagging off the midget. Perhaps if the woeful Foxestalk idol was any good he might provide a decent outlet.

Not playing tonight :whistle:

maybury was crap tonight as he has been most of his time here. just a hoofer thats all. time to get rid

It's hard for him to look for a pass on his left foot because he is not a left back. The only option tends to be backward.

When Maybury joined Leicester I thought he was a positive, attacking right back.

But I have never seen any Leicester left-back play as badly as he did tonight.

And the reason is because he's one footed. His left leg is there because human beings are two-legged.

His left-leg has nothing to do with football.

It's just there to land on when he runs. It saves him having to hop.

When he gets the ball he has to transfer it to his right foot.

Sometimes that seems to take about 20 minutes.

By which time the person he wants to pass to is food and drink to a predatory opponent.

I didn't see Porter do a lot wrong tonight. In fact I didn't see him at all.

That means he will probably escape criticism from most folk.

There's Hullfox of course. He might give him a low mark - just to practice for when he plays again!. :thumbup:

Maybury isnt my favourite player but lets be fair, he cost us something like £40k from Hearts. He never has been a world beater and its no surprise to me when he makes errors for goals or gives the ball away as he has never been any more than half-decent on a good day and poor on an average one.

Maybury isnt my favourite player but lets be fair, he cost us something like £40k from Hearts. He never has been a world beater and its no surprise to me when he makes errors for goals or gives the ball away as he has never been any more than half-decent on a good day and poor on an average one.

I could accept he was just not very good if he put everything into his performance & was still crap (Big Trev for example). But he doesn't. He quite clearly couldn't give a flying fu ck which is what really annoys me

Archived