Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Leicester 1-2 Birmingham - Reactions

2nd half felt like a cup game, most standing in the Kop none stop chanting, kept brum silent.

The players played well, cant really fault them too much.

They showed enough to stay up, just have to see if they can carry this on, on saturday.

To be honest we couldnt really hear the kop from L1, the Brum fans were a disgrace, only singing when their players gee'd then up or we took the pi*s.

And what was with all the Police???? Ive never seen so much, not even for Leeds.

All in all a good second 45, just wish we could play like that for the whole game.

Their Keeper kept them in it second half, how he kept the Stearman header out I dont know. But then how Stearman had been playing upto then im not surprised no-one marked him!!

We have to beat Barnsley, no ifs or buts... (going to get my ticket tomorrow!)

Cheers

Phil

It really was shit and shine.

First half I wondered if we weren't being filmed for a television series - a sort of footballing comedy capers.

Second I finished exhausted from the non-stop encouraging of a Leicester team which played the best I've seen in the League all season.

How the players appreciated the support too and what a great gesture from Hume to go over and give his shirt to a fan in the kop.

I really want to remember the second half because it really was a cracker and the City players were mostly magnificent.

But make no mistake we made it 10 games without a win because of our wacky team selection and the fact that all the changes left the team collectively lost.

To borrow a phrase, the right hand didn't have any idea what the left was doing.

Both goals were an organisational disaster. Blame will be pointe din various directions but no-one should be allowed an unchallenged header 10 yards from goal near the middle of the penalty area.

And half the team must have been at fault for goal number two, from the clumsy surrendering of the ball in midfield, to the ease with which Stearman was skinned when he should have been holding the attacker up, to the questionable decision making of Logan and the fact that our remaining defenders simply went awol.

Once again one has to ask why we voluntarily gave ourselves the handicap - in fact the chronic disability - of playing Maybury at left-back. How long does it take for the obvious to sink in with Leicester managers that Maybury is totally lost at left-back.

Quite apart from his indifferent control, his inaccurate or unconstructive passes, he continually slowed up our movement by having to move the ball to his right foot.

Presumably Porter was ill or injured but whatever the reason he didn't play, even if Matttock were he best available choice at left midfield, substitute Sheehan, now obviously fit, would have been a far better naturally attacking left-back than Maybjury will ever be - and would have complimented Mattock and offered some input with crosses and free-kicks.

Nor do I need to mention Jarratt cos nothing changes. We were initially overrun in midfield - Jarrrett being eventually subbed - but how Wesolowski managed to finally wrest control of a strong and capable Birmingham midfield almost single handed - though Huhges helped later - is extraordinary.

Had King been there and Maybury not been it may well have swung the balance.

Okay, to the second half. Worthington has shown our team more in two weeks than Kelly ever did. The tempo, the determined and fast breaking from midfield in numbers, the effort by people to hit the box and the collective team support for a whole 45 minutes was uplifting.

Newton, Hume, Wesolowski, young Mattock shone like diamonds but even Stearman gradually warmed to the atmosphere and eventually looked much more his old self. So too Hughes when he came on.

There were goalline clearances, good saves, a cracking Stearman header which almost looked as if it crossed the line and a blantant foul on Hume that should have been a penalty - there's little doubt we could so easily have equalised instead of getting just Newton's deflected goal as reward.

Never mind, it finished a great game, terrific atmosphere, good attempt to play some football and the offer of genuine hope that we can pick up the points necessary to survive.

And what was with all the Police???? Ive never seen so much, not even for Leeds.

A steward told me that Derby and Brum fans were going to make attempts to get into the Leicester end.

Even though we lost I really enjoyed myself. Was a great game, but I do feel disappointed we didn't get anything from it.

Newton's second half performance was a joy to watch, as was Mattock's. I thought we dominated the match apart from the first 20 minutes.

Uh????

Well from where I was it wasnt "deafening" as it should be, perhaps its the crap acoustics of the ground?

All credit to them though, at least they have woken up and got behind the team.

The sore throat tomorrow morning should have been worth it though!

I cant believe the Brum fans though, if that was us, 2-0 up away and in a automatic promotion place we'd be going nuts. Bruce it right to moan, all credit to him to give us some credit for the atmosphere.

We could see a lot of the Kop moving from N and when we heard a song wer joined in to generate a better atmosphere.

For some reason you can hardly hear the kop from the top of the stands, but you can hear the kop and L1 loud and clear from the bottom.

It really was shit and shine.

First half I wondered if we weren't being filmed for a television series - a sort of footballing comedy capers.

Second I finished exhausted from the non-stop encouraging of a Leicester team which played the best I've seen in the League all season.

How the players appreciated the support too and what a great gesture from Hume to go over and give his shirt to a fan in the kop.

I really want to remember the second half because it really was a cracker and the City players were mostly magnificent.

But make no mistake we made it 10 games without a win because of our wacky team selection and the fact that all the changes left the team collectively lost.

To borrow a phrase, the right hand didn't have any idea what the left was doing.

Both goals were an organisational disaster. Blame will be pointe din various directions but no-one should be allowed an unchallenged header 10 yards from goal near the middle of the penalty area.

And half the team must have been at fault for goal number two, from the clumsy surrendering of the ball in midfield, to the ease with which Stearman was skinned when he should have been holding the attacker up, to the questionable decision making of Logan and the fact that our remaining defenders simply went awol.

Once again one has to ask why we voluntarily gave ourselves the handicap - in fact the chronic disability - of playing Maybury at left-back. How long does it take for the obvious to sink in with Leicester managers that Maybury is totally lost at left-back.

Quite apart from his indifferent control, his inaccurate or unconstructive passes, he continually slowed up our movement by having to move the ball to his right foot.

Presumably Porter was injured but whatever the reason he didn't play, even if Matttock were he best available choice at left midfield, substitute Sheehan, now obviously fit, would have been a far better naturally attacking left-back than Maybjury will ever be - and would have complimented Mattock and offered some input with crosses and free-kicks.

Nor do I need to mention Jarratt cos nothing changes. We were initially overrun in midfield - Jarrrett being eventually subbed - but how Wesolowski managed to finally wrest control of a strong and capable Birmingham midfield almost single handed - though Huhges helped later - is extraordinary.

Had King been there and Maybury not been it may well have swung the balance.

Okay, to the second half. Worthington has shown our team more in two weeks than Kelly ever did. The tempo, the determined and fast breaking from midfield in numbers, the effort by people to hit the box and the collective team support for a whole 45 minutes was uplifting.

Newton, Hume, Wesolowski, young Mattock shone like diamonds but even Stearman gradually warmed to the atmosphere and eventually looked much more his old self. So too Hughes when he came on.

There were goalline clearances, good saves, a header which almost looked as if it crossed the line and a blantant foul on Hume that should have been a penalty - there's little doubt we could so easily have equalised instead of getting just Newton's deflected goal as reward.

Never mind, it finished a great game, terrific atmosphere, good attempt to play some football and the offer of genuine hope that we can pick up the points necessary to survive.

That was extrordinary - the boy is class. He was up against the brilliant Fabrice Muamba and played so, so well.

Why does it take this though for the crowd to wake up? It pisses me off so much.

Well played Mattock aswel - out of position and still played well on his full debut. Well done Newton too - we need another 6 halves like that 2nd half performance.

Pretty worn out from 45 minutes non stop clapping and shouting, great atmosphere tonight.

Hopefully the players will remember that second half showing from the fans, and take their own performances into Saturdays game and get something from it.

Pretty worn out from 45 minutes non stop clapping and shouting, great atmosphere tonight.

Hopefully the players will remember that second half showing from the fans, and take their own performances into Saturdays game and get something from it.

Me too. I hope they gain some confidence from the backing tonight. I also hope we take a fair amount of fans to both preston and barnsley and every single fan sings their little hearts out!!!

I'm worried about Worthington.

He's obviously got the players playing better than RK did (so I'm reading above)... but he had a flash of Adams about him tonight.

* Leicester manager Nigel Worthington:

[...]

"Nigel Worthington's up for the fight and if the team is up for the fight we will be staying in this division."

:ph34r:

That was extrordinary - the boy is class. He was up against the brilliant Fabrice Muamba and played so, so well.

Why does it take this though for the crowd to wake up? It pisses me off so much.

Well played Mattock aswel - out of position and still played well on his full debut. Well done Newton too - we need another 6 halves like that 2nd half performance.

It's a big ask but we'll need the crowd to be like they were second half for the full game against Wolves - and at the away games if possible. But for today I was proud to be a part of em - and proud to support our club again second half.

By the way it was nice to see Max Gradel involved with the team during the pre-match warm-up. And, of course Sheehan who was sub. The sooner young Max gets his seat on the bench the better.

We Obviously Showed Some Bollox In The Second Half I Could Only Follow On The Net As Had No Links Here In Sierra Leone. I Am Confident We Will Stay Up And Without A Tony James 4.5 Yard Scorcher. This Manager And These Players Have Got To Get us Safe, Then We Will Start Again Next Year New Manager, New Players Who Knows Lets Just finish This Season In The Same League As We Started It And Worry About Next Season When The Jobs Done.

Gutted.

We really gave it some fight in the second half, and deserved something out of the game.

A great effort from the players, but in the end we just gave ourselves too much to do from an awful first half display.

On a positive note, the atmosphere was brilliant in the second half.

Well done to everyone who was singing. :thumbup:

It's a big ask but we'll need the crowd to be like they were second half for the full game against Wolves - and at the away games if possible. But for today I was proud to be a part of em - and proud to support our club again second half.

By the way it was nice to see Max Gradel involved with the team during the pre-match warm-up. And, of course Sheehan who was sub. The sooner young Max gets his seat on the bench the better.

I would really hope that everyone stands and sings at preston just like we all did at fulham in the cup. :thumbup:

hey

missed the game (due to drinking in pubs) so can anyone sum up how we played?!?! saw the scores coming in on sky sports news and got slaughtered by the palace and plymouth fans i was with so im a bit p!ssed off now!!

Thought leicester dominated the second half. Joe Mattock played really well.

On the way out 5 mins before the end i ran into david pleat who said leicester will stay up :worship:

Quite how any Citeh fan could leave during those final minutes is beyond me.

Even though we lost, that second half was well worth the trip from Suffolk.

I'm worried about Worthington.

He's obviously got the players playing better than RK did (so I'm reading above)... but he had a flash of Adams about him tonight.

:ph34r:

Do you mean Mickey Adams? He was there tonight. Perhaps he's being lined up as next week's manager! :D:D

Archived