Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Leicester 1-2 Birmingham - Reactions

Quite how any Citeh fan could leave during those final minutes is beyond me.

Even though we lost, that second half was well worth the trip from Suffolk.

Absolutely. Staying to the end of games means I spend over an hour queuing to get to the M69...but nights like that make is so worthwhile.

Quite how any Citeh fan could leave during those final minutes is beyond me.

Even though we lost, that second half was well worth the trip from Suffolk.

Absolutely. Staying to the end of games means I spend over an hour queuing to get to the M69...but nights like that make is so worthwhile.

I had to leave early. Just when the 4th official said 4 minutes of extra time my lad turned to me and told me he was going to be sick! Children dont you just luv 'em. I think it was all the excitment that got to him with the singing, the ball cleared off the line and the constant pressure.

The way we were fighting at the end of that game gave me the belief that we will stay up. Finally our players were showing pride and passion and a will to get a result. We true deserved something from that game.

If we can also take that level of support to Preston and Barnsley, like we did when we went to Fulham. We'll get our points and we'll stay up.

Oh and Tags should say something to get the crowd going every game.

I couldn’t make the game due to unforeseen rubbish circumstances, absolutely gutted. But I had a running commentary from Paul Merson on Sky Sports news for the second half.

Anyway he said first half we poor which by the sounds of things most people agree on.

Second half it was all Leicester, Birmingham were lucky to hang on?

Apparently Horsefield made the difference when coming off the bench? Merson kept saying Hume should play behind Horsefield and Fryatt because Fryatt and Hume have very little impact against a physical a team. which is true

Apparently Hughes played well after coming off the bench?

Steve Bruce said our fans were 'Unbelievable' 'absolutely brilliant' according to Bruce on Five live after the game

So we were unlucky not to get a point. But it was always unlikely we would get anything out of this game.

I thought we were very good in the second half but we didnt seem to start the game so well and heads dropped. We also dont seem to be getting the luck which is more of a worry! My concern is that its another game without taking any points and we have two away games left. I`d put money on the Wolves game being a packed house and we need to win to stay up and they need to win to get into the play-offs!

I thought we were very good in the second half but we didnt seem to start the game so well and heads dropped. We also dont seem to be getting the luck which is more of a worry! My concern is that its another game without taking any points and we have two away games left. I`d put money on the Wolves game being a packed house and we need to win to stay up and they need to win to get into the play-offs!

Like the penalty we shojuld have had when Hume found the Leaning Tower of Pisa on his back.

Like the penalty we shojuld have had when Hume found the Leaning Tower of Pisa on his back.

lol

The peno against Derby when that Rugby player was all over Kisnorbo. We just need some luck and we`ll be OK.

I had to leave early. Just when the 4th official said 4 minutes of extra time my lad turned to me and told me he was going to be sick! Children dont you just luv 'em. I think it was all the excitment that got to him with the singing, the ball cleared off the line and the constant pressure.

:D Mayyyyte! At least he's old enough not to be jumping on your bollocks at five in the morning...I swear the wife has trained them to do that. :cry:

I just wanna echo what most people have said really. 1st half was quite poor, but 2nd half we saw hell of alot of improvements. Shaun Newton stood out for me, he was immense.

Pissed me off though when Sebastian Larsson decided to walk 1 mile per hour to the touch line, and also that **** Nicklas Bendtner was walking as slow as possible. Not only should Kisnorbo have pushed him out, he should've forced him all the way down the tunnel.

All in all, great night and if only we had a bit more quality we'd have won this game.

I just wanna echo what most people have said really. 1st half was quite poor, but 2nd half we saw hell of alot of improvements. Shaun Newton stood out for me, he was immense.

Pissed me off though when Sebastian Larsson decided to walk 1 mile per hour to the touch line, and also that **** Nicklas Bendtner was walking as slow as possible. Not only should Kisnorbo have pushed him out, he should've forced him all the way down the tunnel.

All in all, great night and if only we had a bit more quality we'd have won this game.

Good point. What was more annoying is that they obviously knew they were coming off & headed off towards the far touchline just before the board went up so they had even further to trundle off slowly.

Good point. What was more annoying is that they obviously knew they were coming off & headed off towards the far touchline just before the board went up so they had even further to trundle off slowly.

Dunno if you listened to 5 Live after the game, but two Citeh fans said that Steve Bruce motioned to the players who were about to be subbed to get to the other half of the pitch. Time wasting cnt!

Dunno if you listened to 5 Live after the game, but two Citeh fans said that Steve Bruce motioned to the players who were about to be subbed to get to the other half of the pitch. Time wasting cnt!

Missed that bit, took me a while to get back to the car. Cheating Geordie twat.

I thought that phone-in guy was an asshole.

If we were in their position I'd be expecting the manager to send players down to the chippy, taking orders from the East Stand as they made their way to being subbed off.

Bruce did nothing we wouldn't expect to see if the roles were reversed.

The only thing I had to cheer about before the second half was when the birmingham subs got wet from the sudden emerge of the water sprinkler during the half-time warm up, but the second half was totally different. The players showed more commitment than they have all season and we were unlucky not to get anything from the game. We had far more chances but they seemed to convert their only 2 real attempts at goal. Weso, Mattock, and Newton had an inspired second half and all 3 substitutes made a good impact especially with horsfield winning us free kicks on the edge of the area and cadamateri running at the defence. The formation 3-4-3, which I think we had for the last 20 odd minutes, seemed more effective than the usual 4-4-2. Birmingham's time wasting was annoying, especially Bruce taking off the furthest player away from the dugout as possible. The fans were great, I could hear the cop almost constantly through the second half (I'm from L1) and we weren't bad ourselves. I could see how nervous the birmingham fans were near the end which I thought was a good compliment to our players performance. If we perform like we did in the second half we should have no problem escaping relegation.

I thought that phone-in guy was an asshole.

If we were in their position I'd be expecting the manager to send players down to the chippy, taking orders from the East Stand as they made their way to being subbed off.

Bruce did nothing we wouldn't expect to see if the roles were reversed.

Absolutely agree. I will also give credit to Steve Bruce. When Kisnorbo hurried Bendtner up, Bruce stepped in front of Bendtner and told him to calm down and head off, rather than start a spat with Paddy. Bruce then did not complain. Most managers would have complained to the ref and tried to make an issue out of it, tried to get the player booked or sent off. For that, credit to an honest ex-player.

I thought that Cadamateri bought an exitement with him when he came on, as if he wanted to prove himself after that tosser Kelly loaned him out when our strikers (apart from Hume) have been under-performing this season. :worship:

Thank the Lord that Jarrett is illegible to play against Preston after that dismal performance last night :thumbup:

I'd like to see Mattock at left-back with Cadamateri in left-mid, just because he had a real brightness and freshness about him.

DUMP MAYBURY, USELESS, UNIMAGINATIVE, AWFUL, IDIOT! :@

Start to change things up... Logan, out. Maybury, out.

Then, really start to focus on Wesolowski who is FAB! He's by far and away my favourite City player.

My auntie lives in the flat under him. She see's him nearly every day!

It can't help either of our goalkeepers to go without match practice when they're out of the side. Both are keeping goal worse now than when they started the season and it is another thing that is partly down to having no reserve fixtures.

But I wouldn't be surprised now if Logan's played his last game for the club and will be transferred in the summer. There really is this reaction among fans here that experienced players get leeway but ex-Academy mistakes count double.

It's really saying that in a crisis we'd rather trust to experience - totally ignoring the reality that so many experienced players like Maybury, Johnson, Kenton, Hughes, Jarrett, Horsfield, Low, Sylla and even Nils lately or Tiatto with his injuries, suspensions and lack of 90-minute fitness have played a big part in causing our predicament.

That's 10 senior players I've mentioned. And not one has been outstanding or even plain good for any period of time.

Yet still they find favour.

Well I'd remind you that Logan has had about two games since early last December and perhaps the odd reserves friendly. That is no way to keep a goalkeeper sharp and yet Tuesday was his first bad game as I've seen.

Never mind, the professionals know best!

So Thracian. For once, just give a short, honest opinion without flowery, empty, meaningless, long passages of guff.

1) Which of our 3 keepers would you play?

2) Are any of them good enough for us for next year?

I'd play Henderson. I wouldn't be overly fussed though if any/all of the three left.

So Thracian. For once, just give a short, honest opinion without flowery, empty, meaningless, long passages of guff.

1) Which of our 3 keepers would you play?

2) Are any of them good enough for us for next year?

I'd play Henderson. I wouldn't be overly fussed though if any/all of the three left.

I've stated elsewhere that I don't care. There's little to choose between them.

Archived