Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dandannieldanok

Closure of stands?

A friend who sat in the Alliance and Leicester Stand last night told me he talked to the head steward there who told him if the club were to get relegated, both that and the family would be closed for the season.

Bear in mind this is only hearsay.

aye, Pure and Simple.

A friend who sat in the Alliance and Leicester Stand last night told me he talked to the head steward there who told him if the club were to get relegated, both that and the family would be closed for the season.

that would be about 16,750

think we could still get 20,000 for big games, supose they would open more up.

I said it before - it vanished - I still believe that this is a load of cock.

It is the product of a load of stewards with too much time on their hands...they need to get busy lobbing more people out of the ground for doing bad stuff (like supporting the team).

They might be surprised. If Leicester put themselves a good team together and have the right close season to demonstrate it, I think they would soon have similar support to this season.

There might be some frowning faces right now but that's cos they've been staring at steaming shit for a long, long time with precious little relief.

Put a few wins together and show some attitude and the fans will lap it up. There's nothing like a title campaign in any division.

And another thing .... it's not gonna happen anyway!

leeds closed one of there stand or something for most of this season.

Their capacity is 40k though.

Just another thing to be annoyed about if relegated. <rant>Of course its stupid, but I've sat in my seat for 5-years. Now I'll have to sit somewhere with a different view completely, with none of the usuals around me, and probably not get the same seat back if/when we get promoted. Reward for loyal fans ay</rant>

I guess we'll just have to not get relegated... :laugh:

:cry:

Ahhh but you can spend your day ripping people off on eBay... and writing for Private Eye as well!! :P

Get back to your cutsey, fluffy-pink, OAP-friendly games featuring too many mushrooms.

:D

What a load of shite. So is Leicester going to turn away fans when we have filled 16,000 seats - no chance they want the revenue. I would hope if we did get relegated it would be a promotion season next season and it would then be a party atmosphere at every home game which would help sell more tickets.

Sounds like someone is trying to make their job a bit more interesting by spreading idle gossip.

If there was any truth in this City would not announce this until we had been relegated otherwise you would be upsetting fans for no reason - again no business sense to announce this now.

Dunno if anyone listened to Radio Leicester on the way home last night but there was text named "Fed Up Steward" who was basically saying the players are fine there being paid thousands week in week out and when/if they go in the summer they can afford it but if/when we go down this steward will/could be made redunant.

He was bascially making the point, If the players do get us relegated, it not just a case of upsetting fans, ruining the clubs reputation it actually does mean job cuts other than offloading the deadwood on the playing side!

Dunno if anyone listened to Radio Leicester on the way home last night but there was text named "Fed Up Steward" who was basically saying the players are fine there being paid thousands week in week out and when/if they go in the summer they can afford it but if/when we go down this steward will/could be made redunant.

He was bascially making the point, If the players do get us relegated, it not just a case of upsetting fans, ruining the clubs reputation it actually does mean job cuts other than offloading the deadwood on the playing side!

Yeah I heard him. I believe that you need a certain ratio of fans to stewards so providing the fans still turn up the stewards will have jobs. I would hope that if Milan spends his money wisely and attracts some decent players then the fans will turn up, I would also hope that we bounce straight back by winning the division which might mean that we get bigger crowds that we do at present, especially if we can turn sides over 3-0 ( yes trying to be very optomistic!!)

Yeah I heard him. I believe that you need a certain ratio of fans to stewards so providing the fans still turn up the stewards will have jobs. I would hope that if Milan spends his money wisely and attracts some decent players then the fans will turn up, I would also hope that we bounce straight back by winning the division which might mean that we get bigger crowds that we do at present, especially if we can turn sides over 3-0 ( yes trying to be very optomistic!!)

What a load of shite. So is Leicester going to turn away fans when we have filled 16,000 seats - no chance they want the revenue. I would hope if we did get relegated it would be a promotion season next season and it would then be a party atmosphere at every home game which would help sell more tickets.

Sounds like someone is trying to make their job a bit more interesting by spreading idle gossip.

If there was any truth in this City would not announce this until we had been relegated otherwise you would be upsetting fans for no reason - again no business sense to announce this now.

No idea if its true or not, but it could just be the case that they stop people buying STs in the North and South stands meaning that they can close them when there is low demand for tickets.

I work there as a steward and I have heard no such thing. Even if there was an element of truth in it, we'd have been told at the section briefing.

What a load of bollwarks...people have held season tickets in all sections of the ground since day 1!

You can't just close them down...rubbish!

Archived