Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Andy Johnson - We're in it together!

From

MadDogLCFC

The reason Andy Johnson isn't playing

Apparently he's one game away from triggering a clause in his contract stating that we must offer him a another year! MM rightly said no, so lovable AJ offered to play if the club made him a large one-off payment. ie he knew we were short of midfielders so he tried to blackmail the club. Nice.

And Jarrett can piss off too.

oh, and it was Jarrett who complained that the hotel was too far from Plymouth town centre.

I wonder how many games he'd have had to play to qualify - half the season it would seem. Well he might have been on the pitch more than 20 times but I've seen him "play" about twice.

Never mind. He clearly still rates himself so why doesn't he go away, buy a club of his own and go play with himself!

When it comes to value for money I rather have a loaf of stale bread.

I wonder how many games he'd have had to play to quality - half the season it would seem. Well he might have been on the pitch more than 20 times but I've seen him "play" about twice.

Never mind. He clearly still rates himself so why doesn't he go away, buy a club of his own and go play with himself!

When it comes to value for money I rather have a loaf of stale bread.

lol

A tosser like him plays with himself on club time... :whistle:

lol

A tosser like him plays with himself on club time... :whistle:

I f'kin hate Andy Johnson, when he talks to the press I always get the feeling he's taking the piss behind our backs. He will be captain in my all time worst Leicester Team and I hope he gets his legs broken and and his bollucks stamped on and crushed

:cry: Andy Johnson is our best player i'll miss him :cry:

Why has nobody done away with you yet?? :rolleyes:

Johnson is definitely fooking off in the summer. Result!!!!!! This is perfect news. Just what I needed to hear today, it really is. :D:banana::dance:

The AJ thing doesn't add up.

He has a clause in his contract that if he plays another game he has to be offered a year's deal. Then why would he need to blackmail the club if we're short of players? There is no need.

It's clear he's not wanted at the club. His deal requires a year extension is offered upon a certain milestone being met - the number of games.

Since we don't want to offer him an extension to his contract under any circumstances, he's instead saying "give me some cash, instead". He's obviously aware that the club don't want to offer him a contract extension, which is why he's offering them a different route - cash not contract.

He's basically asking for a large cash payment for the privilege of him putting on the shirt and putting in some effort because we've few people around who are up for it at the minute - through injury or suspension. He wants another go on the gravy train, and he's using our shortage of players to achieve that goal.

The AJ thing doesn't add up.

He has a clause in his contract that if he plays another game he has to be offered a year's deal. Then why would he need to blackmail the club if we're short of players? There is no need.

Because we were not going to play him or offer him a new contract.

He knew we were short of midfielders so offered to play just a seperate one off payment that wouldn't bring his contract clause into effect.

Well that's my interpretation of the gossip.

He knew we were short of midfielders so offered to play just a seperate one off payment that wouldn't bring his contract clause into effect.

contracts - not worth the paper they are written on!!

That's fair enough.

In which case, Johnson hasn't actually done anything wrong. Fair play to his agent for negotiating such a deal.

That's fair enough.

In which case, Johnson hasn't actually done anything wrong. Fair play to his agent for negotiating such a deal.

Our thanks go to the agent for ensuring he's no longer available to play :clap::clap::clap:

All jokes aside, before we start dismissing players who we think arent up for the task this season like Hughes and AJ, maybe we should hold fire and keep them if we get relegated? Surely D1 is a level where they can express themselves???!!

All jokes aside, before we start dismissing players who we think arent up for the task this season like Hughes and AJ, maybe we should hold fire and keep them if we get relegated? Surely D1 is a level where they can express themselves???!!

Hughes would get snapped in half in League 1, the further down you go, the dirtier it get's, bit like a prostitute, or any woman from Glen Parva

Hughes would get snapped in half in League 1, the further down you go, the dirtier it get's, bit like a prostitute, or any woman from Glen Parva

Manuel, surely one for quote of the week lol???!! :thumbup:

That sums it all up really, if he cared that much he'd offer to play and not get a new deal next season. Not that we want him though....what a ludicrous clause to have in a contract....

It's a common clause type to have - trigger new contract talks if a certain milestone is reached.

The boy Chopra at Cardiff got new contract talks after banging in 20 (I think) goals this season.

With players like Johnson, it's probably aimed towards fitness. Dangle the lure of a second season if he can prove he has enough about him to feature in enough games. If he's not fit enough or good enough to warrant frequent selection, he doesn't trigger the offer and just leaves at the end of his term.

It's not a bad system, I don't think. A motivated player will strive to keep himself at the top of his game to secure another year. It's also cheaper than offering a two-year deal to begin with. Of course, if you offer a contract like this and the player turns it down, you steer well clear because it's obvious the player isn't interested in proving himself worthy of a pay packet. :whistle:

I think it is a bit harsh to mention Hughes and prostitutes in the same sentence. Good job prostitutes dont have a union or they would likely being suing for defamation of their good character. They have some use in society whilst hughes does not!!!

Archived