Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

200 Tickets Left for Preston

From OS

Just 200 tickets remain on general sale for City's trip to Preston North End on Saturday.

Foxes fans have already snapped up over 1,100 tickets for the game - with seven official club coaches heading to the North West from the Walkers Stadium on the day.

Fans who still wish to purchase a ticket for the game can do so up until 5pm on Friday, April 20 from the Walkers Stadium ticket office.

Please note: Tickets will not be available from Deepdale on the day of the game.

Meanwhile, the club have confirmed that the away travel coffee shop, which is situated at the 1884 Sports Bar at the Stadium, will be open from 9am on the day.

Hot cobs and refreshments will be available

I wonder if there's any way all 1100 of us could each take a tannoy in with us. You know, one of those portable ones. Stick those up your shirts and see if you get a way with it. If we do then the noise we could make with 1100 of those is frightening. The stewards would probably go wild and start taking them off us, but i'd like to see them dispose of 1100 of them.

Imagine a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUME down the barrell of one of those bad boys.

I wonder if there's any way all 1100 of us could each take a tannoy in with us. You know, one of those portable ones. Stick those up your shirts and see if you get a way with it. If we do then the noise we could make with 1100 of those is frightening. The stewards would probably go wild and start taking them off us, but i'd like to see them dispose of 1100 of them.

Imagine a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUME down the barrell of one of those bad boys.

Have you been drinking at lunch?

I would. I fookin love hot cobs. Are you gay?

Hot cobs at 9am would be perfection.

But I'm with this reaction, the acusations that you may be slightly inebriated seem to have some valition!! :o

:blink:

Aren’t hob cobs char grilled sweetcorn on a cob?

You're not from Leicester are you???

Cob = Batch, bap, roll, stottie, breadcake (and all other regional diffecrences for a small bit of bread, baked in a round shape!)

You're not from Leicester are you???

Cob = Batch, bap, roll, stottie, breadcake (and all other regional diffecrences for a small bit of bread, baked in a round shape!)

No i'm not.

I’ve never heard of Bacon/Sausage roll referred to as a ‘Hot Cob’. Ever.

And what the hell is a Stottie?

Ridiculous.

Good job I’m not using fox travel, I would have turned up there expecting my char grilled sweetcorn

and been disappointed.

No i'm not.

Ridiculous.

Good job I’m not using fox travel, I would have turned up there expecting my char grilled sweetcorn

and been disappointed.

A stottie is a term used up North in places like Newcastle and Sunderland I think. It's some sort of bread they have up there.

No i'm not.

Ridiculous.

and been disappointed.

A stottie is the North East equivalent... Greggs' is famous for them ooop North.

I havent heard the word "cob" since I moved away from Leicester about 14 years ago lol.

Gutted you cant get tickets on the day of the game as I wont know whether I am able to go until later tonight. :(

I can't make it to Preston cause my car's still being done. Gutted. :(

However, this thread has restored a chink of light to my life due to the simple word "cob". I recently caused some old woman behind the counter in a greggs to malfunction when I asked for one and look and move back and forth between the pies and the cobs for about two minutes (!!!) before asking what one was. Cob is a word I miss, it reminds me of home.

100 left at 2.15pm when I got mine. I reckon if a load of Leicester fans turn up on the day without tickets they'll be let in. Can't imagine Preston will sell out their areas.

let in without paying :blink:

100 left at 2.15pm when I got mine. I reckon if a load of Leicester fans turn up on the day without tickets they'll be let in. Can't imagine Preston will sell out their areas.

I think Preston have/will sell out the end that we share with them (That is why there are no tickets on the day)

Big game for them

Archived