Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Some of those Tigers are purring over our stadium

I personally wouldn't mind a ground share... as long as the integrety of the pitch can be guaranteed!!

Like Sheephead says, its the attitude of the tigers fans that pisses me off. 'What was the score today lads? Oh, we lost one-nil. Haha!!'

Feck off you nobs.

I would hate a groundshare, green seats, all green bollocks round the side, God just thinkin about it is winding me up!! I dont care if the stadium has no identity, its LEICESTER CITYS ground not leicester tigers. And then theres the pitch, dont even start with that!!

I would hate a groundshare, green seats, all green bollocks round the side, God just thinkin about it is winding me up!! I dont care if the stadium has no identity, its LEICESTER CITYS ground not leicester tigers. And then theres the pitch, dont even start with that!!

Groundshare will happen, for sure. I hear Milan is looking at a green and red kit for the Foxes! Bring it on.

Now that MM is in place i wonder, being the hard nosed business man that he is whether he'd push for Tigers renting the ground. I can't see the Tigers going for it but it's a better solution for LCFC.

why the fook are you on about the groundshare again? Both clubs are rich now so it doesn't matter, the only chance of a groundshare is for tigers to move in for a year whilst welford road gets done up.

I went yesterday and it was great, it's so weird going to a rugby game after a football game, people can drink in the stands and walk around near each other, although i did see some tempers flare up between a few fans after the game.

I support all leicester sporting teams and go to most games of each club, i can't stand it when people get annoyed with fans of other sports in their OWN city.

why the fook are you on about the groundshare again? Both clubs are rich now so it doesn't matter, the only chance of a groundshare is for tigers to move in for a year whilst welford road gets done up.

I went yesterday and it was great, it's so weird going to a rugby game after a football game, people can drink in the stands and walk around near each other, although i did see some tempers flare up between a few fans after the game.

I support all leicester sporting teams and go to most games of each club, i can't stand it when people get annoyed with fans of other sports in their OWN city.

What is even weirder is walking home from the Walkers, waiting for a text to see how City got on! lol

I am neither for or against a groundshare, I do support Tigers, infact I used to ballboy there and I go to all the big games. But if you asked me which result I was happier with yesterday - Tigers gaining a berth into a major European final or City winning 3 points - it'd be City every time.

Who is that over reaction directed at? To answer your question, in this case if you read the topic you'll see it was the Tigers!

As for the groundshare being dead and buried don't you believe it and clubs being rich has nothing to do with it. The likes of MM at least will always want to be richer and this is one way of achieving that.

However "rich" we may be now (being 'rich' isn't a characteristic I ascribe to Leicester City, even now) you shouldn't sniff at a little extra revenue.

Mandaric certainly won't sniff at such a large potential revenue stream - even if it's only for say a two year period while Welford Road is tarted up a bit.

Is it time for the mob to draw up protest-to-Mandaric plans once more? You know... since he's the Chairman that listens? :whistle:

Say No to Worthington! :protest:

Say No to groundshare! :protest:

:rolleyes:lol:thumbup:

fook off Tigers, when they call themselves the Leicester Foxes i will support them. What the hell have Tigers got to do with anything in Leicester? You dont see Tigers sauntering round Leicester do you? Trying to dissassociate themselves from Leicesterme thinks :rolleyes:

I'm sure if an opportunity arises so that Manadaric can make some money then it's definitely an open possibility. I'm not so sure whether it's a good idea or not personally. It has it's positives and negatives. I wouldn't rule anything out yet.

fook off Tigers, when they call themselves the Leicester Foxes i will support them. What the hell have Tigers got to do with anything in Leicester? You dont see Tigers sauntering round Leicester do you? Trying to dissassociate themselves from Leicesterme thinks :rolleyes:

What??????????? :whistle::whistle::whistle:

I am pleased to see all teams from Leicester do well - football, rugby, cricket. But I do not think a ground share will be ideal.

Both clubs have got years of tradition and neither set of supporters would like to lose any of it. A half green ground will not be acceptable to city nor would a half blue one be acceptable to tigers.

No matter how good the groundsman the pitch will be churned up, it is inevitable in scrums and mauls when you have 16 brick privies in such a small area. Wortho states he wants to play a passing game so why play on a crap pitch. The risk is that you have to get it re-laid in the middle of winter, look what happened to Birmingham they only just got by without having points deducted as they could not play a game. What if that was us when we are in the premiership fighting to stay up - 3 points deducted could mean relegation and the loss of some £20+ Million, is that worth the revenue generated from a ground share?

If city start to play better, move up a league and even start to compete in the cups we will have more fixtures, the tigers are usually involved in at least 4 competitions and often go all the way. It is inevitable that there will be a fixture backlog so who takes precidence - neither the football or the rugby authorities would take this likely. Yes some clubs do ground share but not with teams as successful as the tigers.

There is that old saying "Blue and Green should never be seen" - point taken?

IMHO i think that u get 2 types of tigers fans

1. Sneering 40+ tozzpots who laugh at lcfc and think anyone who watches football is beneath them and game for ridicule

2. Very polite silly people with their heads in the clouds who's thought are muddled by 1 or more of the following list:

Weightlifting, Practical jokes, Burping, Posh totty, Wanting to save the planet but doing Fcuk all about it, Their dad's new BMW or equivalent, trying not to look like a fan of any kind as they may be mistaken for a footie fan.

REMEMBER!

Us fans at LCFC have to put up with shit: Performances & Players due to previous crap finances caused largely by the Walkers Stadium! Are we now seriously thinking of handing it over to idiots from over the road? After all our suffering and wasted £££'s?

NEVER! :thumbup:

I Hate tigers with pleasure.

Did anyone see that tigers fan in the Mercury that wrote in to complain how a city fan had knocked her off her bike after a game and it was "the typical arogance of a City fan"

IMHO i think that u get 2 types of tigers fans

1. Sneering 40+ tozzpots who laugh at lcfc and think anyone who watches football is beneath them and game for ridicule

2. Very polite silly people with their heads in the clouds who's thought are muddled by 1 or more of the following list:

You're a fooking idiot. I sat for five odd seasons at Welford Road and the lads around me were always interested in the City scores. The majority of Tigers fans are just Leicester sport fans and a lot of them follow City, too. Just because one or two are morons that doesn't mean they all deserve daubing with the same brush. I mean, would you want everyone here to be judged by Ultra? Or some of the little chav wankers that spit on their own fans? Christ al-fooking-mighty some people are ignorant.

Anyway, it WOULD be like a graveyard for them week in week out. The Scarlets fans made the atmosphere on Saturday, sure the Tigers fans were in good voice when they were winning, but every action - as they say - has a reaction. And that's what the Tigers noise was, a reaction to rugby's equivalent of Liverpool or Celtic's support belting out their anthems. Saturday was a very, very special occasion - they're never that loud on a normal basis. If I were them, I'd want to stay at Welford.

Oh, and ps: While the accoustics can't be entirely blamed for City's poor atmosphere, I did realise on Saturday just how bad they really are. Jeez, sound DOES get lost across the middle of the park. I'd always thought it was just a toss excuse.

You're a fooking idiot. I sat for five odd seasons at Welford Road and the lads around me were always interested in the City scores. The majority of Tigers fans are just Leicester sport fans and a lot of them follow City, too. Just because one or two are morons that doesn't mean they all deserve daubing with the same brush. I mean, would you want everyone here to be judged by Ultra? Or some of the little chav wankers that spit on their own fans? Christ al-fooking-mighty some people are ignorant.

Anyway, it WOULD be like a graveyard for them week in week out. The Scarlets fans made the atmosphere on Saturday, sure the Tigers fans were in good voice when they were winning, but every action - as they say - has a reaction. And that's what the Tigers noise was, a reaction to rugby's equivalent of Liverpool or Celtic's support belting out their anthems. Saturday was a very, very special occasion - they're never that loud on a normal basis. If I were them, I'd want to stay at Welford.

Oh, and ps: While the accoustics can't be entirely blamed for City's poor atmosphere, I did realise on Saturday just how bad they really are. Jeez, sound DOES get lost across the middle of the park. I'd always thought it was just a toss excuse.

I'm with you, I still go to all tigers and city home games and get really pissed off when you hear all this tigers vs city fans bullshit.

Tigers fans aren't all 'toffs' anymore, rugby's evolved and is a pro sport now, the fans are just fans. You get the odd old fart giving it the "oh those city fans blah blah" but apart from that, most people are interested in city and tigers. Every now and then when both teams are on at 3pm on a saturday they will read out the city score at tigers and, if it's going the right way, you'll hear a lot of cheers.

Every group has it's twats, tigers have the snobs, city have the fans that sit at the back of D2 spitting on their teams fans.

For all those people who say Milan Mandaric is first and foremost a business man and will groundshare with the Tigers if it means he can make more money:

I'd hazard a guess that 90% of City fans would appose the groundshare and therefore I cant see MM upsetting his own fans, even if there is money to be made.

For all those people who say Milan Mandaric is first and foremost a business man and will groundshare with the Tigers if it means he can make more money:

I'd hazard a guess that 90% of City fans would appose the groundshare and therefore I cant see MM upsetting his own fans, even if there is money to be made.

Depends on the arguments for it, when it appeared to be a financial saviour the split was nearer to 60 / 40 against. There are many fans that will find it difficult to criticise MM on any subject so I suspect you 90% is somewhat high.

Is it time for the mob to draw up protest-to-Mandaric plans once more? You know... since he's the Chairman that listens? :whistle:

Say No to Worthington! :protest:

Say No to groundshare! :protest:

:rolleyes:lol:thumbup:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So predictable it hurts. :pinch:

This is the man who brought Harry Redknapp back when a significant proportion of the fans didn't want him because he did the dirty with their enemies on the coast. It wasn't 90% (nor will it be 90% here) but it was a good lot, I imagine. :whistle:

But still... let's get out the banners and the email addresses and demand groundshare plans be scrapped before they're drawn up. lol:thumbup:

Depends on the arguments for it, when it appeared to be a financial saviour the split was nearer to 60 / 40 against. There are many fans that will find We'it difficult to criticise MM on any subject so I suspect you 90% is somewhat high.

We'll see. Even if 90% is an over-estimate the pro-groundshare people will always be in the minority.

Difficult to criticise MM on any subject?

Well thats your opinion but it isnt mine. I'm chuffed MM is in charge but what has he done so far? Albiet it he hasnt had much to do in the short time he's been here and how much of that was down to him anyway?

You are mad if you think many fans will be happy to share our ground with a rugby team just because MM says its a good idea.

We'll see. Even if 90% is an over-estimate the pro-groundshare people will always be in the minority.

Agree, never said otherwise

Difficult to criticise MM on any subject?

Well thats your opinion but it isnt mine. I'm chuffed MM is in charge but what has he done so far? Albiet it he hasnt had much to do in the short time he's been here and how much of that was down to him anyway?

I didn't say I would find it difficult but that many fans would, certainly in the short term.

You are mad if you think many fans will be happy to share our ground with a rugby team just because MM says its a good idea.

Again I didn't say many fans would be happy just that in one poll at the time 45%, if i remember correctly were for it or at least not against it if it was beneficial to the club. Just for the record I'm 100% against it.

Archived