Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Some of those Tigers are purring over our stadium

What a full stadium and a win will do for the atmosphere!

Link

They might be coming round to a ground share. :unsure::whistle: The first part of that quote is too close for comfort. :ph34r:

If City hadn't scored in the last minute today a swap would have been more like it :mrgreen:

Great day atmosphere was fantastic all credit to both fans

Why so harsh on the Tigers, I love both clubs and yesterday was a great day for both.

I'm not particularly in favour of a ground share because I like the traditions of Welford Road and the Walkers is more suited to football anyway but I hate the animosity some people on here have to their local rugby club, just seems a bit ignorant to me (and I know it happens the other way round too). Why can't you all just be proud of Leicester sport in general and want the best for both?

They might be coming round to a ground share. :unsure::whistle: The first part of that quote is too close for comfort. :ph34r:

yep I have heard from a few people that it may well be something we have to get used to in the VERY near future

Why so harsh on the Tigers, I love both clubs and yesterday was a great day for both.

I'm not particularly in favour of a ground share because I like the traditions of Welford Road and the Walkers is more suited to football anyway but I hate the animosity some people on here have to their local rugby club, just seems a bit ignorant to me (and I know it happens the other way round too). Why can't you all just be proud of Leicester sport in general and want the best for both?

Exactly.

If it saves us money and doesn't badly affect our fixtures, why not go for it?

Well I'm definitely against a groundshare for a number of reasons but there were strong rumours that it was a very real option for MM.

Exactly.

Wont it butcher our pitch?? Is it watford who share with Saracens BTW? If so there pitch doesnt look that bad. Anything that brings increased revenuw would be great but it must happen as long as it doesnt effect us one bit.

They can fook right off about the ground share..I arrived at half 9 yesterday to get the foxtravel, and there was all green banners and posters down the stadium..It just didnt look right and thats how the stadium will look if it ever goes through. Then after the game at about half 7 ish when we got back the state of the forecourt was hurrendous the mess they left was truely a discrace, I have a lot of sympathy on the person who has to clear it up. :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to completely dig into the tigers but they all just annoy me, every week when them and us are at home the trains are obviously packed and all the tigers fans get on first block the doorways and never move down they seem to think "oh we're on the train, tuff luck on those footie fans" and then they always make convesation "oh relegation could be a possibilty now for you foxes, I heard you lost again, well we won 65-9" Just shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly.

Oh and you want a green stadium, do you..yesterday the stadium looked terrible and actually scared me.. green shite everywhere, we are the blues!!! not greens Blues!!

They can fook right off about the ground share..I arrived at half 9 yesterday to get the foxtravel, and there was all green banners and posters down the stadium..It just didnt look right and thats how the stadium will look if it ever goes through. Then after the game at about half 7 ish when we got back the state of the forecourt was hurrendous the mess they left was truely a discrace, I have a lot of sympathy on the person who has to clear it up. :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to completely dig into the tigers but they all just annoy me, every week when them and us are at home the trains are obviously packed and all the tigers fans get on first block the doorways and never move down they seem to think "oh we're on the train, tuff luck on those footie fans" and then they always make convesation "oh relegation could be a possibilty now for you foxes, I heard you lost again, well we won 65-9" Just shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol Love it. To be honest if we're winning I'm not that bothered about a few green banners outside. I don't feel any affection for the Walkers anyway, it's just St Mary's/Pride Park/the Riverside etc but with blue seats.

Oh and you want a green stadium, do you..yesterday the stadium looked terrible and actually scared me.. green shite everywhere, we are the blues!!! not greens Blues!!

Exactly, the football stadium belongs to the football club.

I dont want half the seats to be green.

I dont want Tigers flags hanging on the outside of the stadium.

I dont want a churned up pitch.

The plans they proposed last time were terrible, the stadium looked embarrassing.

And before anyone says, i am just as much a rugby fan as a football fan.

Although my greater affection is of course for the Foxes, Tigers are my fave rugby team.

I really wouldn't mind a groundshare, as long as the stadium looks blue when I take my seat and we got priority, I couldn't give a flying fook if it is sky blue pink at other times!

When this idea was first put forward some of the attitudes of Tigers fans were a disgrace. Suddenly now they've decided that it suits them they want to share. :rolleyes:

Well they can all fook off, if they want a decent stadium they can go build their own. :angry:

Exactly...... I support all Leicester Sport and love to see the Tigers winning, and also the Cricket Team..... and I should think that Tigers fans would be just as opposed to a ground share as City fans are.

I certainly would NOT like to see both clubs at the same ground as they both need to have there own identities.....

And so much for all those who complain about the accoustics at the Walkers...... the noise was deafening yesterday :thumbup:

wigan share with a rugby team and there stadium is horrible half the seats are blue and the other half are red. if we did share our stadium with the tigers they would want tigers written on the seats in big green writing just like we have leicester in big white writing and half the seats green. no way would i ever want that to happen :angry:

Someone said Milan and Inter share a stadium, why cant City and Tigers.

Two football clubs in the same city is different to one football and one egg chasing club. Besides, they've been sharing since the 1920's!

Now we have Milan Mandaric, we dont need whatever financial coup the groundshare would offer.

Someone said Milan and Inter share a stadium, why cant City and Tigers.

Two football clubs in the same city is different to one football and one egg chasing club. Besides, they've been sharing since the 1920's!

Now we have Milan Mandaric, we dont need whatever financial coup the groundshare would offer.

:unsure: Have you not seen the impact that Rugby can have on pitches? I'll tell you what, in two weeks time, let's have a look at the pitch, i bet it still hasn't fully recovered. Lines here there and everywhere. Then imagine what it'l be like when Tigers have a game on a saturday, and us on the tuesday.

:unsure: Have you not seen the impact that Rugby can have on pitches? I'll tell you what, in two weeks time, let's have a look at the pitch, i bet it still hasn't fully recovered. Lines here there and everywhere. Then imagine what it'l be like when Tigers have a game on a saturday, and us on the tuesday.

Yeah, it won't be conducive to our one-touch passing football. :ermm:

Archived