Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Some of those Tigers are purring over our stadium

IMHO i think that u get 2 types of tigers fans

1. Sneering 40+ tozzpots who laugh at lcfc and think anyone who watches football is beneath them and game for ridicule

2. Very polite silly people with their heads in the clouds who's thought are muddled by 1 or more of the following list:

Weightlifting, Practical jokes, Burping, Posh totty, Wanting to save the planet but doing Fcuk all about it, Their dad's new BMW or equivalent, trying not to look like a fan of any kind as they may be mistaken for a footie fan.

REMEMBER!

Us fans at LCFC have to put up with shit: Performances & Players due to previous crap finances caused largely by the Walkers Stadium! Are we now seriously thinking of handing it over to idiots from over the road? After all our suffering and wasted £££'s?

NEVER! :thumbup:

That is scarily accurate.

I've nothing against the Tigers as a club - I think they're a terrific advert for the City. But although I don't mind Tigers playing special matches at the Walkers I see no reason for us to share and lots of potential problems and compromises if we do.

The way it's likely to turn out MM will be seen to have got the club for a song and if his three year plan works and he reaches the Premiership and if he completes the work necessary to stage concerns and so on he won't need to court the Tigers.

We won't need to be burdened with arguments over advertising, seat colours, ground priority, pictorial displays etc and nor will we have to put up with the largely inanimate teacher-types I had enough of in the West Stand.

I'm a football fan. If the club wants to use the ground between first team home games I'd sooner we hyped up the reserves, the Academy or even Leicester Ladies and got a special following for that lot, perhaps on a Sunday.

Administratively rugby makes me sick. Imagine competing for a sodding championship all year, finishing top and then being told you're not champions. Or having threequarters of your team away on international duty and not being able to postpone the match.

Lots of Tigers fans are well pissed off they don't see the strongest team week on week and, sometimes, it is little more than a reserve team turning out if the fixture is deemed to be less than important.

No, as a football fan I want sod-all to do with it, or with their Mickey Mouse administration where they seem to settle things by throwing their toys out of the pram or with another cockeyed decision which insults the fans.

Let em go their own way. And let us build own dream.

The Walkers is a football ampitheatre, a bastion of THE great game.

Much of its folklore has still to be written. But I'm sure it will be and I'm damned sure I don't want it watering down or, more important, the atmosphere of the place permanently compromised by anything which is culturally alien.

It's like mixing rock and roll with concert music. I love both but not together.

That is scarily accurate.

Yeah I know! :clap:

Its the truth thats why i posted it some on here who hug the green too are just few who wish to think differently!

I still remember the snigger's after the Wycombe defeat from so-called Leicester sports fans! balderdash! :@

I'm with you Manwell :worship:

Are you talking about what you meant to post, not denying you posted something that is there for all to see?

Besides, this is going nowhere, lets just agree to disagree that we may be agreeing on the same thing.

I don't understand your first question, all my answers to your comments are written in bold.

I don't think we disagree on much at all, the only point I queried was you 90% figure.

I never intended this to develop beyond a virtual throw away comment and as you rightly say it's going nowhere. Just to reiterate I'm firmly against the groundshare.

You're a fooking idiot. I sat for five odd seasons at Welford Road and the lads around me were always interested in the City scores. The majority of Tigers fans are just Leicester sport fans and a lot of them follow City, too. Just because one or two are morons that doesn't mean they all deserve daubing with the same brush. I mean, would you want everyone here to be judged by Ultra? Or some of the little chav wankers that spit on their own fans? Christ al-fooking-mighty some people are ignorant.

Anyway, it WOULD be like a graveyard for them week in week out. The Scarlets fans made the atmosphere on Saturday, sure the Tigers fans were in good voice when they were winning, but every action - as they say - has a reaction. And that's what the Tigers noise was, a reaction to rugby's equivalent of Liverpool or Celtic's support belting out their anthems. Saturday was a very, very special occasion - they're never that loud on a normal basis. If I were them, I'd want to stay at Welford.

Oh, and ps: While the accoustics can't be entirely blamed for City's poor atmosphere, I did realise on Saturday just how bad they really are. Jeez, sound DOES get lost across the middle of the park. I'd always thought it was just a toss excuse.

HOw :dunno: can anyone watch Rugby for five odd seasons THEN come to City to watch football??? :banana::scarf:

IMHO i think that u get 2 types of tigers fans

1. Sneering 40+ tozzpots who laugh at lcfc and think anyone who watches football is beneath them and game for ridicule

2. Very polite silly people with their heads in the clouds who's thought are muddled by 1 or more of the following list:

Weightlifting, Practical jokes, Burping, Posh totty, Wanting to save the planet but doing Fcuk all about it, Their dad's new BMW or equivalent, trying not to look like a fan of any kind as they may be mistaken for a footie fan.

REMEMBER!

Us fans at LCFC have to put up with shit: Performances & Players due to previous crap finances caused largely by the Walkers Stadium! Are we now seriously thinking of handing it over to idiots from over the road? After all our suffering and wasted £££'s?

NEVER! :thumbup:

Post of the year. :worship::D:thumbup:

That is absolutely true about every Leicester Tigers fan I've ever met. My ex was a Tigers fan and she hated everything about football and was always willing City to lose.

Finnegan, if you want evidence of this, go to the Leicester Tigers forum. Every other thread is about how much they hate football and Leicester City in particular. :thumbup:

Post of the year. :worship::D:thumbup:

That is absolutely true about every Leicester Tigers fan I've ever met. My ex was a Tigers fan and she hated everything about football and was always willing City to lose.

Finnegan, if you want evidence of this, go to the Leicester Tigers forum. Every other thread is about how much they hate football and Leicester City in particular. :thumbup:

So you want them to lose because some of them want us to lose?

Archived