Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Service of Remembrance for Bereaved fans

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...1015842,00.html

What a wonderful and caring idea.

Many might not realise what a plus it is for the club to have Bruce Nadin as chaplain.

I've been privileged to meet him - and I mean privileged - because Bruce is not simply a chaplain but a young and passionate football man through and through.

He's a familiar sight at the games, including those at Belvoir Drive where he has responsibilities for young players who are sometimes a long way from their home, their family and their normal way of life.

I'm sure the esteem in which he's held is helped by the fact that he has such a terrific knowledge of football and what makes players and a team tick.

I am sure the service will be an occasion to remember and I sincerely hope it brings real comfort to the bereaved families through knowing that our club deeply shares their sorrows and is keen to pay special tribute to them.

good to see the club doing something for the community, but am i the only one who finds comments like this glib and slightly patronising.

The Birch added: "We have been able to provide this service because football, for a lot of people, is a way of life, almost a religion.

good to see the club doing something for the community, but am i the only one who finds comments like this glib and slightly patronising.

I may be abit gullible BUT i think credit where its due.The club have obviously thought about this and it seems a genuine enough gesture to me.Well done to the Club, im sure the people involved will think like wise.

Sometimes as fans of LCFC we always see an ulterior motive when the club are trying to do things for the community.

WELL DONE LCFC! :clap:

No I don't find it patronising at all, why would you?

Great gesture btw.

No I don't find it patronising at all, why would you?

Great gesture btw.

The Birch added: "We have been able to provide this service because football, for a lot of people, is a way of life, almost a religion.

you don't find that patronising?

leicester city is important to me but it's only a game ffs.

No I don't find it patronising :mellow: a religion is just something a lot of people decide to follow. Football is the same. Perhaps there are football fans out there that would find having their passion likened to a religion patronising.

you don't find that patronising?

leicester city is important to me but it's only a game ffs.

I'm sure people who spend ALOT of money AND time following LCFC(and indeed and other club!) home and away will argue that IT IS a religion. :scarf:

i congratulate Leicester City for this wonderful thing

this is a fantastic service for the ones who have lost their loved ones, and LCFC are doing a great job in remembering them

:clap::clap: :thumbsup: :appl:

It beggars belief that even this can be criticised.

The club are hardly making money out of it. It's a nice gesture, that to be honest, they didn't really have to do.

Credit where credit's due.

The club are hardly making money out of it. It's a nice gesture, that to be honest, they didn't really have to do.

who's criticising the club?

Noone criticised it :mellow:

Archived