Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sting7

Dickov

Lennon was part of possibly our best ever midfield - think of the Parker-Lennon-Izzet midfield in the play-off final against Crystal Palace. But that was ELEVEN years ago! There's no way you can expect someone to repeat what they did all that time ago, if he has managed to maintain that level of performance all these years then he is some kind of superman.

If we could guarantee that they had the skills to pass their knowledge and experience on, I would certainly take Lennon and Dickov on as coaches. With Gerry Taggart already around to teach the defenders, how could we fail?!

I agree, the last thing we need is another 'de vries' again.

I don't know. He's still signed on and as there's plenty of support for Lennon and Murphy in midfield why not go the whole hog and have DeVries and Horsfield as our strikers and build from there?.

Perhaps persuade Tiatto to change his mind, keep Nils and Newton, forgive Johnson, mend Kenton, sign young Maybury on a longer contract and let's really see what Dad's Army can really do, stripped of all those irritating kids.

I mean no holding back. Choice of manager should be simpler. Mickey Adams can join Lennon as a returning old boy and we're about there.

Send our young assets like Weso, Mattock, Stearman, Porter, Logan, Sheehan, Dodds and King on a free one-way ticket to Forest and pulp our side up with all the added experience we can find. My dad always said, "you can't beat a bit of experience, son."

I know the team went down under Adams but that was just bad luck. It was even more bad luck when he got fired at Coventry, in fact the bloke's dogged by bad luck and he only needs a bit of good luck for that to change, like three teams get points deducted or something.

Vive La Revolution! The more old uns we sign the more chance we'll be mistaken for Chelsea - or at least having Chelsea connections. :whistle:

And we'll have the bonus of being quoted as a bastion of the anti-ageist lobby, to go with our stance on anti-racism and anti-smoking and anti-football (though that might just have been a three-year experiment).

If we're going back that far why stop?. Why not have first, second and third class ticket allocation like on the Titanic, cups of cocoa and Bovril on sale in the concourses and an internet site featuring the players under the heading "Milf's Vintage Desires".

We could campaign for the return of metal studded boots, water the pitch all week and turn it into a quagmire and open a quaint little shop selling Charles Buchan's Football annuals and Roy of the Rovers souvenir comics.

Damn me we could have some fun. :whistle::D :D

I don't know. He's still signed on and as there's plenty of support for Lennon and Murphy in midfield why not go the whole hog and have DeVries and Horsfield as our strikers and build from there?.

Perhaps persuade Tiatto to change his mind, keep Nils and Newton, forgive Johnson, mend Kenton, sign young Maybury on a longer contract and let's really see what Dad's Army can really do, stripped of all those irritating kids.

I mean no holding back. Choice of manager should be simpler. Mickey Adams can join Lennon as a returning old boy and we're about there.

Send our young assets like Weso, Mattock, Stearman, Porter, Logan, Sheehan, Dodds and King on a free one-way ticket to Forest and pulp our side up with all the added experience we can find. My dad always said, "you can't beat a bit of experience, son."

I know the team went down under Adams but that was just bad luck. It was even more bad luck when he got fired at Coventry, in fact the bloke's dogged by bad luck and he only needs a bit of good luck for that to change, like three teams get points deducted or something.

Vive La Revolution! The more old uns we sign the more chance we'll be mistaken for Chelsea - or at least having Chelsea connections. :whistle:

And we'll have the bonus of being quoted as a bastion of the anti-ageist lobby, to go with our stance on anti-racism and anti-smoking and anti-football (though that might just have been a three-year experiment).

If we're going back that far why stop?. Why not have first, second and third class ticket allocation like on the Titanic, cups of cocoa and Bovril on sale in the concourses and an internet site featuring the players under the heading "Milf's Vintage Desires".

We could campaign for the return of metal studded boots, water the pitch all week and turn it into a quagmire and open a quaint little shop selling Charles Buchan's Football annuals and Roy of the Rovers souvenir comics.

I'd f**king love that. Bring it on.

Now you're getting it. And in 20 years, we'll bring back Weso, Mattock, Stearman, Porter, Logan, Sheehan, Dodds and King and play them then!

:worship::D:clap:

can we move back to filbo please and bring back the gas rattles

That is a great idea.

:D

I dont think anyone is suggesting a return to the "dads army" polices of the past, targets like Varney, Jarvis etc... have been talked up as complement our own younger elements... but at the same time the signing of one or two (and thats the numbers being talked of) quality, experianced players makes sense, indeed lots of posts have stressed that we should avoid a rebuilding policy that dominated by the desire for "experiance" and instead opt to build a youthful squad, complemented by a number of senior players who can bring somthing to it... and throwing Murphy in as a "dads army" player is at bit harsh, he's only 30! :whistle:

That however sounds immense!!! :w00t:

all of a sudden, we;re being linked back to golden oldies, lets not go back to the micky adams revolution era. we got a great bunch of young players who are just braking into the sqaud, the last we want is for them to wait longer for first team chances and being off loaned, come on NW,MM, lets think future

I want the foxy ladies back. The originals and I don't care if they're probably mothers now with three kids.

I was seeing one of the foxy ladys about 10 years ago! and yes it would be great to have em back!

No thanks. Too old for us and we should be looking for better, younger and hungrier players than Dickov and Lennon, another oldie who has been linked to us recently.

Keep them in the past as Leicester legends - although Dickov annoyed us when he went and scored THAT penalty - because we will be disappointed when we see them play for us again !!

Archived