Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sting7

Dickov

Anyone watch the Birmingham Wolves game at the weekend?? The cameras commented on a few managers in the ground and pointed out Nigel Worthington and Milan in the stands taking notes on wolves obviously for our game against them. The commentator failed to notice the other person sat next to worthington and milan non other than Paul Dickov. Maybe on his way next season??? what you guys think about it?

no way

he had one eye on a transfer before we were relegated like the rest of those wankers who played for us in 03-04

thatcher, ferdinand, scimeca etc.

I'd have Dickov back. He's got a bit of tenacity about him and even if he wasn't starting every week, he'd certainly push others to make sure they're on their game.

Dickov is so much better than Elvis Hammond. Either way we should bin Hammond and get someone in with a clue.

Dickov has hardly been heard of since he left Leicester. All our yesterday's. Why not get Davie Gibson up from the south coast while we're at it?

There's thousands of young kids in the army with tenacity but what we want is not yet another diminutive striker - we've got them already and more in the wings - but a bloke with height and pace and strength who can also score goals.

Dickov has hardly been heard of since he left Leicester. All our yesterday's. Why not get Davie Gibson up from the south coast while we're at it?

You could have made a sensible point there, but once again your love of hyperbole, exaggeration and mis-representing other people's arguments has trivialised your own argument.

You are your own worst enemy.

You could have made a sensible point there, but once again your love of hyperbole, exaggeration and mis-representing other people's arguments has trivialised your own argument.

You are your own worst enemy.

The point's clear enough. And we get this clamour for the return of our old boys every year. There's only one I might want back as a player - and that's Heskey.

I hope the club is looking forward not backwards. We have sign too many players in the twilight of their careers who do little apart from demand high wages and then keep the injury bench warm e.g Sir Les, Keown, Dennis "twat" Wise.

We have now got the chance to build a side to challenge for the premiership we should be investing in quality that can run - I'd rather we risk buying some of the lower league up and coming players who are in their early 20's and still hungry for success like billy sharp and freddy eastwood.

He may not have been in his prime (or anywhere near it for that matter) but his experience in the game helped stearman progress in leaps and bounds and there was nobody else that comanded the defense in our squad like him. Just having him in defense helped us communicate more, shame he had to have a bust up with micky.

Ha ha. He's not that bad a player. Big, strong, quick, not a bad touch. He's certainly not as bad as half the suggestions floating about.

Izale never looks comfortable with the ball at his feet, and yeah he's fast in League Two but I think Hammond would do him for pace, and his first touch = shit, nearly as bad as elvis's.

He is one player I've seen plenty of times, no thank you. Although your right about it not being the worst suggestion, at least it's realistic.

Izale never looks comfortable with the ball at his feet, and yeah he's fast in League Two but I think Hammond would do him for pace, and his first touch = shit, nearly as bad as elvis's.

He is one player I've seen plenty of times, no thank you. Although your right about it not being the worst suggestion, at least it's realistic.

It sounds like you've seen more of him than me so fair play on that, although I still wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him. He's clearly too good for league 2, as he is top scorer in the league, and last season for a relegated team, he was one of the top scorers in league 1 with 16 (the same number as Iwelumo who has been ok in the championship this season). Anyway, it's doubtful we'll sign him anyway, so really my post is pretty pointless.

i think mandaric would see it as a big popular decision to bring dickov back but i wouldnt be over impressed , if we buy 1 centre forward in the summer he needs to be 6ft plus good in the air and capable of scoring 15 goals

when we buy target men we always get ones with no pace we really need someone who is quick

Archived