Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sting7

Dickov

Dickov is shit, there must be a younger option who actually has scored this season, why should we bring back people who couldn't get out of the door quick enough when a bigger club came calling? He scored a few goals for us a couple of years back, got too big for his boots and thought he was better than he actually was.

He can piss off as far as I'm concerned.

As far as Lennon goes, I'd take him back in a flash, but in some sort of coaching role, if he found that acceptable. :worship:

Dickov is shit, there must be a younger option who actually has scored this season, why should we bring back people who couldn't get out of the door quick enough when a bigger club came calling? He scored a few goals for us a couple of years back, got too big for his boots and thought he was better than he actually was.

He can piss off as far as I'm concerned.

As far as Lennon goes, I'd take him back in a flash, but in some sort of coaching role, if he found that acceptable. :worship:

Yeah, at least Lennon left to better himself in mighty Scotland (that softened the blow).

I dont blame Dickov for leaving, he always ran his socks off for us and Premiership mediocrity is better than what he would have went through in the last few years with us.

It's irritating that Keogh went to Wolves in January. He's exactly the player we should be after in the summer. The targetmen in League One are awful though. Enoch Showunmi, Calvin Zola, Jermaine Beckford and Ade Akinfenwa. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'd rather have de Vries for ****'s sake.

As for Dickov, a resounding no. If we needed someone like him, fair enough. But we need someone with height, strength and an overall presence, not another Connolly or Hume.

If he was a free and wa son reasonable wages, he would be a better bet then Hammond :frusty: (it was hard to say that), horse, de vries, any other poor league 1 standard striker.

I still think he would be alright at this level, if given the correct service... Sod it, get deano back in as well :P

May as well go for Ormondroyd too...............

I hope the club is looking forward not backwards. We have sign too many players in the twilight of their careers who do little apart from demand high wages and then keep the injury bench warm e.g Sir Les, Keown, Dennis "twat" Wise.

We have now got the chance to build a side to challenge for the premiership we should be investing in quality that can run - I'd rather we risk buying some of the lower league up and coming players who are in their early 20's and still hungry for success like billy sharp and freddy eastwood.

Dickov would be a worthwhile signing even if he only performed to about 50% of the level he did when he was here last, although i would not expect him to be anywhere near 1st choice centre forward.

Anybody implying that he was shit or as an above poster sarcastically commented 'scored a few goals and got too big for his boots' really needs to blow away the red mist and realised that Dickov performed superbly for us, in both the championship and premiership. The circumstances in which he left should not detract from that.

Dickovs past it. I'd have Lennon back for a season though.

What's the gain though?

Dickov might be past it but again his experience will help Fryatt and Hume particularly Hume.

Out of curiosity, why?

Age isnt everything I think both dickov and lennon would boss this league.

Also we need some experience in the team, I dont know what this fascination with youth is all of a sudden.

So I agree with the other poster nothing wrong with it as long as they short term deals.

I hope the club is looking forward not backwards. We have sign too many players in the twilight of their careers who do little apart from demand high wages and then keep the injury bench warm e.g Sir Les, Keown, Dennis "twat" Wise.

We have now got the chance to build a side to challenge for the premiership we should be investing in quality that can run - I'd rather we risk buying some of the lower league up and coming players who are in their early 20's and still hungry for success like billy sharp and freddy eastwood.

Sir les I thought did a great job for us cant blame him for the late goals conceded.

Please tell me you are joking!!!!

Him and Dickove were the main reason we had a chance of staying up that season!!

Dickovs game is based around him being a pest and running all over the shop annoying the defenders. The fact is he is 35 this year and surely he cant do now what he could do a few years ago? Also, you have to look at what we already have and in Fryatt and Hume, they should be our potential back-up players who can improve in time and we should be looking for better players than Dickov to be part of our first team.

Dickovs past it. I'd have Lennon back for a season though.

My thoughts exactly.

If I could pick 3 bosman signings for next season i'd probably choose: Todorov, Hendrie & Lennon. All 3 I think we could have a great chance of getting and they'd improve our team no end.

i think mandaric would see it as a big popular decision to bring dickov back but i wouldnt be over impressed , if we buy 1 centre forward in the summer he needs to be 6ft plus good in the air and capable of scoring 15 goals

I really don't think MM would be that naive or desperate for popularity. I agree with you that we need a tall striker who is a presence in the air though, something we haven't had for a while!

I'd sooner have some one like Sheringham.

BUT the base of the team MUSt be young hungry players with something to prove. :scarf:

Haven't we had enough of using journeymen after one last pay deal?

It's irritating that Keogh went to Wolves in January. He's exactly the player we should be after in the summer. The targetmen in League One are awful though. Enoch Showunmi, Calvin Zola, Jermaine Beckford and Ade Akinfenwa. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'd rather have de Vries for ****'s sake.

As for Dickov, a resounding no. If we needed someone like him, fair enough. But we need someone with height, strength and an overall presence, not another Connolly or Hume.

Leo Constantine is a reasonable option.

I'd have Dickov back. He's got a bit of tenacity about him and even if he wasn't starting every week, he'd certainly push others to make sure they're on their game.

Dickov is so much better than Elvis Hammond. Either way we should bin Hammond and get someone in with a clue.

I'd have Dickov back. He's got a bit of tenacity about him and even if he wasn't starting every week, he'd certainly push others to make sure they're on their game.

Dickov is so much better than Elvis Hammond. Either way we should bin Hammond and get someone in with a clue.

I do know what you mean, but surely we can get someone better than a 35 year old Dickov for next season? I'm not sure he'd come back anyway, his missus was the reason behind his departure.

I do know what you mean, but surely we can get someone better than a 35 year old Dickov for next season? I'm not sure he'd come back anyway, his missus was the reason behind his departure.

He'll be shit now, 35 is very old for any stiker nevermind one that was a average lower premiership player at best.

When Dickov was at the club I used think he was brilliant. I loved the way battled for the team in every game, and he could also put the ball in the net which is something we’ve obviously lacked. But when he left I couldn’t help but feel that he betrayed us. The club fought to save his ass from doing twenty to ten in the pen. And I’m still bitter about the way he celebrated that penalty that should have never been.

But like they say ‘Anyone is better than Elvis’

He'll be shit now, 35 is very old for any stiker nevermind one that was a average lower premiership player at best.

....and one whose game is based around chasing players like a lunatic and whos elegs are obviously going with age.

Haven't we had enough of using journeymen after one last pay deal?

Absolutely! But there is a role for the right senior pros as leaders, and I think we have been missing that recently. The thinking behind getting an older player who gives 100% is to get a leader on the pitch. Lennon would be a good example to the younger players. I'd make him captain and I could be fairly sure that he wouldn't allow some of the performances we have seen this season.

Simon

BUT the base of the team MUSt be young hungry players with something to prove. :scarf:

I'd agree, we should be looking at players like Jarvis, Varney and even Camp, all can really help though there is sense in bringing in some quality experiance, but we're talking about the likes Murphy or Todorov not the sh*te we've had for the last few seasons mascarading as "experiance" <_< ...not that i would class Dickov in that, if he's still got the stamina and ability then we could do much worse, not my first choice and certainly not our top target (I'd give that honour to trying our damndest to nab Murphy :thumbup: ).

Archived