Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

well Done Fryatt

We can hope his lack of fitness and confidence was the reason for the change, rather than the fact he's been sussed out. You might also ask why he returned in the summer so obviously out of condition because that's a poor effort for a 21-year-old and Stearman was the same. I cannot imagine the likes of Giggs, Scholes and Neville letting that happen - even as old uns.

You do like to think though that neither will ever make the same mistake again. :whistle:

I hope he doesn't make that mistake again, him and the entire squad. I also think that comparing him to three of the best professionals in the premier league, if not European football, might be a tad unfair. He'll also not be as natural a finisher as Michael Owen, as good at taking people on as Ronaldo, he won't have a fierce a shot as Rooney, won't create as much as Gerrard and won't tackle as well as Maldini but maybe we should give him a chance anyway, what do you say?

I hope he doesn't make that mistake again, him and the entire squad. I also think that comparing him to three of the best professionals in the premier league, if not European football, might be a tad unfair. He'll also not be as natural a finisher as Michael Owen, as good at taking people on as Ronaldo, he won't have a fierce a shot as Rooney, won't create as much as Gerrard and won't tackle as well as Maldini but maybe we should give him a chance anyway, what do you say?

I didn't compare his football to Neville, Scholes and Giggs I was comparing the apparently differing attitudes to being in a fit condition to do his job when the season starts.

To my eyes he let himself down and I think he's had plenty of chance to put that right over the season. Overall I don't think he's good enough anyway nor do I think his few strengths are the ones we most need.

But it's not the easiest call and doubtless a few will remind me of these comments if Fryatt enjoys any sort of goalscoring run - and neglect to mention them if he doesn't. :D

But we shall see. I'll still be pleased, if surprised, if he does come through successfully.

He did really well for the goal on saturday, showed some great composure, just a shame it wasn't his name on the score sheet. Nice to see him having a positive finish to an otherwise dissapointing season.

You said it. Disappointing!

Will he be fit for the start of next season? I doubt it :frusty:

Whoever is in charge should have him in every couple of days to check on his fitness and his weight, he obviously cant be trusted to do it on his own.

You said it. Disappointing!

Will he be fit for the start of next season? I doubt it :frusty:

Whoever is in charge should have him in every couple of days to check on his fitness and his weight, he obviously cant be trusted to do it on his own.

If he can't motivate himself for fitness as a professional footballer, you have to raise serious questions about his attitude and commitment. He needs a big kick up the arse thats for sure, i certainly won't be singing his praises until he sorts that side of his game out. :thumbup:

But there was a serious fitness problem throughout the club, and a severe lack of discipline and leadership. A player of his age needs guidance and it wasn't forthcoming, I personally can't blame him for going off course. Like I said, give him a clean slate and if he fails next season then ship him out.

I didn't compare his football to Neville, Scholes and Giggs I was comparing the apparently differing attitudes to being in a fit condition to do his job when the season starts.

To my eyes he let himself down and I think he's had plenty of chance to put that right over the season. Overall I don't think he's good enough anyway nor do I think his few strengths are the ones we most need.

But it's not the easiest call and doubtless a few will remind me of these comments if Fryatt enjoys any sort of goalscoring run - and neglect to mention them if he doesn't. :D

But we shall see. I'll still be pleased, if surprised, if he does come through successfully.

But you compared him to three experienced pros at one of the most professional clubs in the world. I agree that he let himself down but he was in an environment where the vast majority had that attitude and if the 'blame' lies anywhere it is with the management and senior players who should have led by example and sorted it out. I'm not sure that without a reserve league he did have many chances to put things right, neither did other people, but I'm not sure there was a real change in attitude at the club throughout the season.

I guess time will tell but I just hope you don't spend all of next year on his back everytime he has a few games without a goal or misses a chance. Like everyone you also have your favourites and it's clear he's not one of them.

But you compared him to three experienced pros at one of the most professional clubs in the world. I agree that he let himself down but he was in an environment where the vast majority had that attitude and if the 'blame' lies anywhere it is with the management and senior players who should have led by example and sorted it out. I'm not sure that without a reserve league he did have many chances to put things right, neither did other people, but I'm not sure there was a real change in attitude at the club throughout the season.

I guess time will tell but I just hope you don't spend all of next year on his back everytime he has a few games without a goal or misses a chance. Like everyone you also have your favourites and it's clear he's not one of them.

Your are right about the reserves but first and foremost Matty Fryatt is responsible for himself and for his own standards.

A few goalless games I don't mind. Something like 18 out of 22 is unacceptable for a striker.

lol at Thrac continually hijacking the threads and turning any discussion into one that includes Dodds and Elvis FFS!! It truly is hilarious stuff! :D

Anyway, Fryatt has been very ordinary this season and there can be no denying that he needs to have a bit of a look at himself this summer and really as himself if he wants to fulfill the potential he has. At times he has looked unfit and almost over-weight and having a really lethargic attitude. Now I actually rate him and think he definately deserves another chance and shouldnt be forgotten about as we pursue so called "big names" with our few million. I think that Fryatt needs to look after himself and get confident quickly because with a little bit of improvement that could be seen amongst a player so young, Matty Fryatt could be a rough diamond who ends up being our 20 goals a season striker. He has done it at a lower level and I think he can do it in the Championship. Lets hope he doesnt bomb out as he has bags of potential but sometimes I dont even think that he knows it.

But there was a serious fitness problem throughout the club, and a severe lack of discipline and leadership. A player of his age needs guidance and it wasn't forthcoming, I personally can't blame him for going off course. Like I said, give him a clean slate and if he fails next season then ship him out.

I'll certainly give him a clean slate if he's still here - and anyone else playing for the club - but not for a whole season. We can't have another situation where a main striker scores only four goals.

I dont really see why a thread has been started to congratulate Fryatt, on what exactly? he did alright against Barnlsey in the 45th game of the season, bravo! :rolleyes: Apparently hes got potential, give him another season, but his performances this season have been nothing but poor.

I think he was found out a little this season. He doesn't really have the pace or aerial ability to lead the line at this level, let alone the Premiership.

I think a more conventional centre-forward should be brought in for next season and Hume and Fryatt should fight it out between them for the second striker's spot.

Cadamarteri's a squad player and Hammond should be offloaded to a lower level club.

I think he was found out a little this season. He doesn't really have the pace or aerial ability to lead the line at this level, let alone the Premiership.

I think a more conventional centre-forward should be brought in for next season and Hume and Fryatt should fight it out between them for the second striker's spot.

Cadamarteri's a squad player and Hammond should be offloaded to a lower level club.

Not so hasty - I thought Cadamarteri was pure class at Barnsley, his touch, pace and vision were excellent and he was unlucky not to score. It is clear that when he came to us he was not fit but he has benefited from going on loan, got some fitness back and some confidence. I would like to see him with a full preseason behind him and a manager that shows some belief in him. He could turn out to be a decent signing. Yeah I know there are lots of if's and maybe's but he was quality at Everton, went off the rails a bit but seems like he wants to rebuild his career. One to watch!!

Not so hasty - I thought Cadamarteri was pure class at Barnsley, his touch, pace and vision were excellent and he was unlucky not to score. It is clear that when he came to us he was not fit but he has benefited from going on loan, got some fitness back and some confidence. I would like to see him with a full preseason behind him and a manager that shows some belief in him. He could turn out to be a decent signing. Yeah I know there are lots of if's and maybe's but he was quality at Everton, went off the rails a bit but seems like he wants to rebuild his career. One to watch!!

I must say it's strange how one player can be written off after scoring and making goals in what has metaphorically been five minutes of football for us while Fryatt is not only indulged for a whole season of failure but is even being given another season by some to make amends.

From what I've seen of Cadamarteri, he's one of few senior players in our ranks who has genuine skill, good footballing instincts/vision, can score goals, always looks to be positive and links well with others.

Some might aspire to 3/4 of the qualities mentioned but I'm not sure any have all five.

RK has totally mismanaged the Danny Cadamateri situation. Firstly he decideds to be brave and signs him after the lad spent a while on trial, trying to win a contract and then he decides not to use him and then punt him out on loan. Im still undecided if Cada deserves a new contract for next season at this stage because the glimpses we have seen of him for us looks like he has stil retained some of his old qualities but its still not so straight-forward to know whether he can get his full edge back and fulfill his potential. I have a feeling that he`ll be let go myself....

Archived