Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

well Done Fryatt

His persistence did indeed create the panic which resulted in the goal. He even looked a bit fitter and tried to make a contribution too but there is no way his performance suggested he's the sort of striker we need.

We're not going to keep everyone and, sadly, when our strikers are not scoring Hume, Cadamarteri and even Hammond are all more valuable in a general sense, Hume for his tireless harrassing and chasing down, Cadamarteri for his clever passing and Hammond because his explosive pace so unsettles defenders.

Even Dodds, if we keep him and ever give him a chance, will score more because he has a wider range of shooting skills, takes free kicks and so on.

Many seems to WANT Fryatt to stay but I've yet to see any evidence of why.

His persistence did indeed create the panic which resulted in the goal. He even looked a bit fitter and tried to make a contribution too but there is no way his performance suggested he's the sort of striker we need.

We're not going to keep everyone and, sadly, when our strikers are not scoring Hume, Cadamarteri and even Hammond are all more valuable in a general sense, Hume for his tireless harrassing and chasing down, Cadamarteri for his clever passing and Hammond because his explosive pace so unsettles defenders.

Even Dodds, if we keep him and ever give him a chance, will score more because he has a wider range of shooting skills, takes free kicks and so on.

Many seems to WANT Fryatt to stay but I've yet to see any evidence of why.

lollol

I bet every team wished they had an Elvis in their squad.

How about because he's still young and developing. Having Hammond run really fast without the ball to distract people might not be enough. Fryatt has shown that he can be a natural finisher. He's had a poor season, bad luck with injuries etc BUT he was pretty effective last year and with Walsall. Elvis is NOT a better option and Cadders is hardly one for the future is he?

Do you think that Fryatt has no future in the game and won't improve?

Do you accept that he's been unlucky with injuries?

Do you accept that he did well at the end of last season?

Do you see that no-one did very well this season for the first XI?

It was strange on Saturday - having Fryatt on the pitch seemed to encourage Kisnorbo and co. to do hoof after hoof after hoof towards him and Hume. So why when Cadamarteri came on did they decide to play it along the floor? Neither is good in the air.

I agree that he is young, has been unlucky with injuries and needs to work on his fitness. However on Saturday his first touch was terrible which meant instead of holding the ball up he gave possesion away cheaply. I was also disappointed with the amount of times he was caught offside. For me these are some of the basics and if he has not got them now when will he get them.

Danny showed him up when he came on his first touch was far better, he had pace and played a few deft touches. So based on Saturday I would pick Danny over Fryatt.

I agree that he is young, has been unlucky with injuries and needs to work on his fitness. However on Saturday his first touch was terrible which meant instead of holding the ball up he gave possesion away cheaply. I was also disappointed with the amount of times he was caught offside. For me these are some of the basics and if he has not got them now when will he get them.

It's interesting because the radio gave the impression that it was Hume caught offside a lot (although it is only Barber).

It could well be that Cadders it a better option at the moment but he's only got one season left in him realistically (maybe two if he gets and keeps very fit) while Fryatt is only 21 and has time on his side.

I thought Fryatt was pretty awful on Saturday as for him being unlucky this season I disagree. His lack of fitness at the beginning was his responsibility and probably contributed to his injuries.

He's going to have to demonstrate a massive improvement in attitude and application before you even contemplate whether he's good enough to be part of a team going for promotion.

It's interesting because the radio gave the impression that it was Hume caught offside a lot (although it is only Barber).

It could well be that Cadders it a better option at the moment but he's only got one season left in him realistically (maybe two if he gets and keeps very fit) while Fryatt is only 21 and has time on his side.

Hume was that much better for offsides.

Cadders is only 28 so I would think he has more than one season left in him, he needs a decent pre-season and he could get back some of the form he showed earlier in his career. I also think if we get a good play maker in midfield that plays to Cadders strengths that will help him even more.

I swear Fryatt was injured most of preseason and Rob Kelly Rushed him back for the luton game.

He should be given another season to prove his fitness and his class, everyone has had a bad season who shone last season bar Kisnorbo and Hume.

Hammond is not the future, Hammond is a donkey that has a decent burst of pace every so often, people seem to think if you have pace then you don't really need anything else.

Cadders is starting to show his class now he's got a bit of fitness and i wouldn't mind seeing him here next season as a squad player.

Sorry, that wasn't very clear. I meant one year if we manage to go up. I can't see Cadders being a player in the Prem but maybe i'm wrong. Prepared to concede about Fryatt on Saturday because I wasn't there and you lot were but I maintain that his lack of fitness came from injuries and he struggled to recover. He does need to improve, no question, but he also has a future if he does.

i've never heard such utter nonsense thracian. We would be lucky if we can give Hammond away and Cadamarteri was a league 1 player at an average club before he was banned.

I can stand being in a minority of one over Hammond. I really wouldn't want him out before we had a fast but more potent alternative.

As for Caders I'm not really bothered how good/bad he was in the past. He looked pretty good for Everton on occasions but simply didn't sustain it.

All I can do is judge what I've seen of him at City so far and in many ways he's been a pleasure - a bloke with a genuine football brain and some ability to match.

His presence helped galvanise our football Saturday some of which, in the last 20 minutes, was as good as I've seen from us in the League this season.

Cadamarteri's style also fits so well with the young players.

Sorry, that wasn't very clear. I meant one year if we manage to go up. I can't see Cadders being a player in the Prem but maybe i'm wrong. Prepared to concede about Fryatt on Saturday because I wasn't there and you lot were but I maintain that his lack of fitness came from injuries and he struggled to recover. He does need to improve, no question, but he also has a future if he does.

Well if he was carrying injuries how come he played in the 1st 9 games including a league cup game against Macclesfield and was only substituted in two of the later ones.

No he's was unfit and crap, not injured!

Danny showed him up when he came on his first touch was far better, he had pace and played a few deft touches. So based on Saturday I would pick Danny over Fryatt.

Barnsley played with a particularly high, well organised back line which we took a long time to recognise. For me however the crucial difference between Fryatt and Hammond is that I think that Fryatt is a goalscorer and a thinker which Hammond is not.

I doubt that Hammond would have sprung the trap that lead to the goal and if he had, would he have forced the goal?

I do agree with davie though that Fryatt needs to return to work after the summer fully fit and on form.

Well if he was carrying injuries how come he played in the 1st 9 games including a league cup game against Macclesfield and was only substituted in two of the later ones.

No he's was unfit and crap, not injured!

Over the course of the season Fryatt was injured and didn't recover well. Not entirely sure why he's being isolated for abuse after a pre-season regime which everyone seems to accept (especially Thracian) was useless.

Over the course of those first nine games in which we scored a stunning total of 7 goals as a team, Hume got 1 (in the 94th minute), O'Grady got one (against Maccelsfield) and Fryatt scored 1 (against Sunderland). It doesn't seem like he was particularly poor in the first 9 games compared to everyone else. Our other goals were from Kisnorbo (2), McCarthy and Hughes.

I like my Hume and I like my Fryatt.

Keep both.

I'd generally agree with that. I'm not entirely convinced they're good enough to be a promotion-winning, Championship strike partnership, but I do like both of them and I do think there's much worse around. That said, I'd like to see a tried-and-tested, goal getting forward in the side. I'm not going to scan the FM07 database and pretend to be the dogs bollocks of the transfer market, but there's got to be a Tony Cottee like striker floating around somewhere? It's that sort of non-glamour instinct I'd like to see here.

Archived