Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

well Done Fryatt

I'd generally agree with that. I'm not entirely convinced they're good enough to be a promotion-winning, Championship strike partnership, but I do like both of them and I do think there's much worse around. That said, I'd like to see a tried-and-tested, goal getting forward in the side. I'm not going to scan the FM07 database and pretend to be the dogs bollocks of the transfer market, but there's got to be a Tony Cottee like striker floating around somewhere? It's that sort of instinct I'd like to see here.

If we could lure him away from a deal in Australia then Fowler would be perfect (also someone for Fryatt to learn from), Cole if Brum don't keep him for next season...seem to be the obvious two.

I'm not going to scan the FM07 database and pretend to be the dogs bollocks of the transfer market, but there's got to be a Tony Cottee like striker floating around somewhere? It's that sort of instinct I'd like to see here.

No Thracian not Dodds before you start. :thumbup:

Every goal I've seen Fryatt score this season (which isn't really that many), he has done well with. Even on Saturday, his persistance and presence created the panic for the defender which led to him nodding it in his own net. Fryatt has been unfortunate this season what with the injuries and complete lack of fitness which he came into the campaign with. Hopefully with the right work over the summer, he'll be fit, raring to go and in the right position to consistently show us the ability which he undoubtedly has.

Barnsley played with a particularly high, well organised back line which we took a long time to recognise. For me however the crucial difference between Fryatt and Hammond is that I think that Fryatt is a goalscorer and a thinker which Hammond is not.

I doubt that Hammond would have sprung the trap that lead to the goal and if he had, would he have forced the goal?

I do agree with davie though that Fryatt needs to return to work after the summer fully fit and on form.

Ironically it was about the only time Fryatt managed to stay onside and I thought that Hammond would have been onto the ball faster and would have scored it himself - or missed! :D Ah well, I'm glad it went in whatever.

Why?

Because it isn't going to happen.

Because it's been covered a thousand times.

Because it was posted on that football rumours site.

Next question.

Ironically it was about the only time Fryatt managed to stay onside and I thought that Hammond would have been onto the ball faster and would have scored it himself - or missed!

Hammond is shit.

Hammond (hopefully) won't be here next season.

Get over it.

Clearly a sore point but i'm not as sure as you that it's impossible especially if he's going to Australia, hardly a more attractive option, and Mr M offers him a decent sum of money for his troubles.

Anyway for the sake of not antagonising we can let that one go.

Thracian: "I thought that Hammond would have been onto the ball faster and would have scored it himself - or missed!"

:frusty:

More likely missed though :whistle:

Over the course of the season Fryatt was injured and didn't recover well. Not entirely sure why he's being isolated for abuse after a pre-season regime which everyone seems to accept (especially Thracian) was useless.

Over the course of those first nine games in which we scored a stunning total of 7 goals as a team, Hume got 1 (in the 94th minute), O'Grady got one (against Maccelsfield) and Fryatt scored 1 (against Sunderland). It doesn't seem like he was particularly poor in the first 9 games compared to everyone else. Our other goals were from Kisnorbo (2), McCarthy and Hughes.

In an unfit team that couldn't last 90 minutes he still stood out as unfit and over weight.

Why does every post on here seem to become dominated by Thracian, it seems to me that every discussion has dodds or someone mentioned, this thread was a well done fryatt post not a elvis hammond is better, god this is frustrating!!!

You have a lot to learn... :laugh:

Why does every post on here seem to become dominated by Thracian, it seems to me that every discussion has dodds or someone mentioned, this thread was a well done fryatt post not a elvis hammond is better, god this is frustrating!!!

Why has this thread become about you when it was a well done Fryatt post :whistle:

Fryatt has the class to be a Premiership striker.

Some forget hes only just 21.

He posesses no amazing qualities i.e pace, power, trickery - he just has that goalscorers instinct of being in the right place at the right time.

Its unfortunate that due to 'unforseen circumstances' (Kelly) made him into an overweight lumbering load, which lost him that yard which he had before which would get him into the positions to score.

Hopefully next season he'll come back fit and raring to go.

In an unfit team that couldn't last 90 minutes he still stood out as unfit and over weight.

That's your opinion. I don't think he stood out. It's not really relevant though, we need him to be fit and raring to go start of next season and then we'll see if he can recover from this season and be the striker that his potential suggests and a lot of people think he can become.

That's your opinion. I don't think he stood out. It's not really relevant though, we need him to be fit and raring to go start of next season and then we'll see if he can recover from this season and be the striker that his potential suggests and a lot of people think he can become.

Well it was the opinion of many on this board at the time and it points to a lack of professionalism on his part.

I don't doubt he's got potential but like many it wont be realised if he doesn't get his act together and take responsibility for his own fitness, it's not all down to RK there should be a massive dose of personal pride in there somewhere and he seems to be keeping that well hidden

Fryatt has the class to be a Premiership striker.

Some forget hes only just 21.

He posesses no amazing qualities i.e pace, power, trickery - he just has that goalscorers instinct of being in the right place at the right time.

Its unfortunate that due to 'unforseen circumstances' (Kelly) made him into an overweight lumbering load, which lost him that yard which he had before which would get him into the positions to score.

Hopefully next season he'll come back fit and raring to go.

He has hardly proved this, infact i would say he has to be one of the most overrated players i have ever seen in Leicester shirt. I cannot for the life of me see what all the fuss is about this bloke, if he doesn't sort his fitness out for the start of the season i would ship him straight out.

I'm willing to forgive Fryatt for a bad pre-season in a team full of people who had bad pre-seasons and a disappointing season in a disappointing team this whole year. I agree that he needs to come back stronger and hungrier next year, no doubt. It's not just RK but it seemed to be the attitude of the squad which is somewhat down to the older players who have let us down so badly this year (Johnson, Tiatto most of the time, Maybury, Douglas, Hughes until very recently etc), it's bound to rub off on the younger players and it's shown on Stearman as well as Fryatt.

He has hardly proved this, infact i would say he has to be one of the most overrated players i have ever seen in Leicester shirt. I cannot for the life of me see what all the fuss is about this bloke, if he doesn't sort his fitness out for the start of the season i would ship him straight out.

Ignore this season and think back to last - we were well and truly buggered at January and he came in and scored us the goals that kept us up.

And guess what? He was fully fit and confident.

This is how we need him next season.

I dont think Fryatt or Hume have been helped at times when the ball has just been hoofed up field to them. Neither of them are that tall or of a big build so are often shrugged off the ball by big centre halves.

I think that a good pre-season is on everyones agenda and then there should be no excuses on that front.

I would like to see a good play maker in midfield that can pass the ball around and play the ball to feet, I think that would help our front players a huge amount. I think Weso has got the tackles and the energy now we need a play maker like a Garry Parker or a Neil Lennon (please notice I said like).

But they still need to start to read the line better no matter how high up the pitch the opposition play there is still a line. We are needlessly giving away a free kick and putting the pressure back on our defence.

I would like to see us sign a striker like Sharp or Eastwood or even both to give us extra options. I dont think Hammond is the answer if he was then why dont we play him more and he score more goals. Simple he is not up to it at this level and certainly not the level beyond.

Ignore this season and think back to last - we were well and truly buggered at January and he came in and scored us the goals that kept us up.

And guess what? He was fully fit and confident.

This is how we need him next season.

We can hope his lack of fitness and confidence was the reason for the change, rather than the fact he's been sussed out. You might also ask why he returned in the summer so obviously out of condition because that's a poor effort for a 21-year-old and Stearman was the same. I cannot imagine the likes of Giggs, Scholes and Neville letting that happen - even as old uns.

You do like to think though that neither will ever make the same mistake again. :whistle:

We can hope his lack of fitness and confidence was the reason for the change, rather than the fact he's been sussed out. You might also ask why he returned in the summer so obviously out of condition because that's a poor effort for a 21-year-old and Stearman was the same. I cannot imagine the likes of Giggs, Scholes and Neville letting that happen - even as old uns.

You do like to think though that neither will ever make the same mistake again. :whistle:

FFS will you stop comparing us to Manchester United Tharcaian it's wearing extremly fu*cking thin!

I don't say you aren't you clearly are!

Ironically it was about the only time Fryatt managed to stay onside and I thought that Hammond would have been onto the ball faster and would have scored it himself - or missed! :D Ah well, I'm glad it went in whatever.

how stupid !! the only fast hammond i have seen has been that bloke on top gear who crashed his car !!

The bloke is useless needs to leave simple as that ...he does not have the level of skill we should be looking for...goodbye and good ridance.

Matty needs another season where he is fully fit to be able to show his potential. give the lad a break.

Archived