Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dames

Elvis Hammond Appriciation Thread.

Yeah we've all got some hate love for him so i'm gunna get the ball rolling.

Elvis Hammond once broke the land speed record on a bicycle that was missing its chain and the back tire.

God offered Elvis Hammond the gift to fly, which he swiftly declined for his deft touch and blistering pace. :ph34r:

If Superman and The Flash were to race to the edge of space you know who would win? Elvis Hammond

Thats got the ball rolling lets hear some of your own lol

:appl:

If it wasn't for his goal against Birmingham, his goal against Wolves and his ability to cause panic in the Burnley defence, we'd have been even deeper in the shit two weeks ago. That's five extra points he earned us (1 at Brum, 2 at Wolves, 2 at Burnley)!

Kudos Elvis, you've played your part. :appl:

:ph34r:

Never did I think that we would ever get a player with the skill and grace of Junior Lewis again but fair play, Elvis must rank as an equal to JL and deserves his place amongst the best.

I just take comfort in the fact that so many people who make a sport of ridiculing Hammond are also among those who were continually selecting the negative teams which threatened to get us relegated.

There were those among them who welcomed the experienced Horsfield as a potential saviour and continually wanted the also experienced Jarrett in the team. Both facts made it hard to worry too much about their Hammond views.

Others were among those who will still be picking Fryatt when he's retired. :D

I suppose anyone can get it wrong. But advocating all three!

And one or two of those even said Roy Keane was too inexperienced to be a good manager...this being a bloke who took his team from the bottom of the League to the top while we were struggling to even tread water.

Hammond shouldn't worry. A few of us clearly appreciate the contribution he's made.

I just take comfort in the fact that so many people who make a sport of ridiculing Hammond are also among those who were continually selecting the negative teams which threatened to get us relegated.

There were those among them who welcomed the experienced Horsfield as a potential saviour and continually wanted the also experienced Jarrett in the team. Both facts made it hard to worry too much about their Hammond views.

Others were among those who will still be picking Fryatt when he's retired. :D

I suppose anyone can get it wrong. But advocating all three!

And one or two of those even said Roy Keane was too inexperienced to be a good manager...this being a bloke who took his team from the bottom of the League to the top while we were struggling to even tread water.

Hammond shouldn't worry. A few of us clearly appreciate the contribution he's made.

What are you on about?!! Fryatt appeared in most of the games under Wortho! Also, another notch on the belt of wortho is that the bloke had a look at Hammond and i think played him against Derby but soon put him either on the bench as an unused substitute and recalled Danny Cad and played him ahead of him or never had him in the 16!!! Wortho seems to be a very good judge IMO and has shown some great simple things that most fans with half a brain see week in and week out and has punted out the donkeys like AJ and Yeates and after one game sent Elvis away from the pitch whenever neccasary. He wouldnt have recalled DC if he thought Elvis was any good would he??

Wortho is going up in my estimation by the game.

What are you on about?!! Fryatt appeared in most of the games under Wortho! Also, another notch on the belt of wortho is that the bloke had a look at Hammond and i think played him against Derby but soon put him either on the bench as an unused substitute and recalled Danny Cad and played him ahead of him or never had him in the 16!!! Wortho seems to be a very good judge IMO and has shown some great simple things that most fans with half a brain see week in and week out and has punted out the donkeys like AJ and Yeates and after one game sent Elvis away from the pitch whenever neccasary. He wouldnt have recalled DC if he thought Elvis was any good would he??

Wortho is going up in my estimation by the game.

I cannot remember Worthington even being in charge against Derby or picking Hammond as anything but an unused substitute.

As for your last comment I can see no logic in that at all. He can only pick 11 players and his five substitutes. He might have had several reasons for wanting to play Caders instead of Hammond which have nothing to do with thinking Hammond is no good.

And who's saying Wortho didn't pick Fryatt?. I really can't understand the point of that comment.

I cannot remember Worthington even being in charge against Derby or picking Hammond as anything but an unused substitute.

As for your last comment I can see no logic in that at all. He can only pick 11 players and his five substitutes. He might have had several reasons for wanting to play Caders instead of Hammond which have nothing to do with thinking Hammond is no good.

And who's saying Wortho didn't pick Fryatt?. I really can't understand the point of that comment.

My mistake, Wortho wasnt there for Derby as his first game was gainst Norwich but anyway, the point is, two games before he came in Elvis was given a starting berth and with little time at the helm, Worthington has ousted him from the first team despite Horsfield hardly featuring and Yeates being told to go home. He recalled Cada and has used him which is a sign of how he feels about Elvis` ability or in this case, inability.

I`ll try and clarify what I meant about Fryatt. In your previous post you started to tell us about the fans on here who said that Keano wouldnt be a good manager and continued your post by saying that the ones in here who are supportive of Fryatt would continue when the lad is retired. I know you said that in jest but you seem to be unable to have a discussion about Elvis without bringing Fryatt into the equation. Its almost as if you are telling us that if you had the choice you would boot out Fryatt and keep the amazing paced Elvis ahead of him?

My point is that you talk of Fryatt in the same breath as Elvis despite the facts on there careers. Elvis is 27 in October and has never seen a season where he has hit double figures and despite having very good pace isnt good enough, any idiot can see that. Fryatt scored a hatful at Walsall and has had problems with fitness this season and has never got going. On his side is time as he is a 21yo who came to us with quite a big fee attached (in relative terms).

Elvis is useless and thats why most fans will continue to have an appreciation pi$$take thread lol!!

My mistake, Wortho wasnt there for Derby as his first game was gainst Norwich but anyway, the point is, two games before he came in Elvis was given a starting berth and with little time at the helm, Worthington has ousted him from the first team despite Horsfield hardly featuring and Yeates being told to go home. He recalled Cada and has used him which is a sign of how he feels about Elvis` ability or in this case, inability.

I`ll try and clarify what I meant about Fryatt. In your previous post you started to tell us about the fans on here who said that Keano wouldnt be a good manager and continued your post by saying that the ones in here who are supportive of Fryatt would continue when the lad is retired. I know you said that in jest but you seem to be unable to have a discussion about Elvis without bringing Fryatt into the equation. Its almost as if you are telling us that if you had the choice you would boot out Fryatt and keep the amazing paced Elvis ahead of him?

My point is that you talk of Fryatt in the same breath as Elvis despite the facts on there careers. Elvis is 27 in October and has never seen a season where he has hit double figures and despite having very good pace isnt good enough, any idiot can see that. Fryatt scored a hatful at Walsall and has had problems with fitness this season and has never got going. On his side is time as he is a 21yo who came to us with quite a big fee attached (in relative terms).

Elvis is useless and thats why most fans will continue to have an appreciation pi$$take thread lol!!

Elvis was simply never going to get in the team at Premiership Fulham - any more than Fryatt would.

So there's really no worthwhile record to compare apart from last season.

Both start afresh next season - if either are still around - but on this season's performances I would have preferred Hammond over Fryatt at almost anytime.

Elvis was simply never going to get in the team at Premiership Fulham - any more than Fryatt would.

So there's really no worthwhile record to compare apart from last season.

Both start afresh next season - if either are still around - but on this season's performances I would have preferred Hammond over Fryatt at almost anytime.

lol

If Hammond is here next season it will be a dark day for the club. We have two decent strikers in Hume and Fryatt and we need to up the ante and attract some quality strikers somehow in the mould of a Sharp, Todorov or Eastwood. We have managed to get some of the deadwood out in January like Low and COG, more headshaker players have gone recently like AJ (headshakers are the ones that we have in the squad and make us either shake our heads because they are so poor or actually get to the stage where we have no option but to laugh at the useless ****). There isnt much deadwood left but players like Maybury, Douglas and Elvis should be the next set punted out as we look to improve the quality of our squad.

BTW, I`ll always cheer on all our team when they are on the pitch for our side but I am sick and tired of having players that we are almost embarssed of like we have had in recent years and I would like to think with MM and his cash that we will have a better quality option of player come August.

lol

If Hammond is here next season it will be a dark day for the club. We have two decent strikers in Hume and Fryatt and we need to up the ante and attract some quality strikers somehow in the mould of a Sharp, Todorov or Eastwood. We have managed to get some of the deadwood out in January like Low and COG, more headshaker players have gone recently like AJ (headshakers are the ones that we have in the squad and make us either shake our heads because they are so poor or actually get to the stage where we have no option but to laugh at the useless ****). There isnt much deadwood left but players like Maybury, Douglas and Elvis should be the next set punted out as we look to improve the quality of our squad.

BTW, I`ll always cheer on all our team when they are on the pitch for our side but I am sick and tired of having players that we are almost embarssed of like we have had in recent years and I would like to think with MM and his cash that we will have a better quality option of player come August.

From the word "Sharp" forwards, and ignoring your further digs at Elvis, I'm with you all the way, for once. :D

And if that's the way it goes, there's not a single member of our squad should feel he's guaranteed a starting place in our future team, which is a step forward in itself.

I read the other day on a website that Steve Bruce wanted to sign Hammond for Birmingham. Now I am sure the author was taking the piss, however, if any manager is prepared to sign Elvis and even give city money for him then I would really appreciate that. I take it thats what this thread is about?? :laugh:

I read the other day on a website that Steve Bruce wanted to sign Hammond for Birmingham. Now I am sure the author was taking the piss, however, if any manager is prepared to sign Elvis and even give city money for him then I would really appreciate that. I take it thats what this thread is about?? :laugh:

Was the website by any chance football-rumours ?

Archived