Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dames

Elvis Hammond Appriciation Thread.

There have been far worse players for us this season. He might not be top quality, but he's effective, causes problems and has scored vital goals, goals which may well have kept us in this league.

Although many people can't see this.

I don't get this vital goals things.

He's scored six goals, one against Hereford Extremly far from Vital, he's scored against Cardiff and Stoke in games we lost anyway, and against Barnsley we beat by two clear goals anyway. I make that two "vital goals" when you way that against the amount of time we've been handicapped by having that talentless donkey on the field it more than evens itself out.

He needs to leave in the summer, he's in his prime, and his prime it is five championship goals a season. There is not a single striker out our club I wouldn't play in front of him.

Was the website by any chance football-rumours ?

Yeah, thats why I know it was a load of b*llocks. But it did make me think would anyone be daft enough not only to take him off our hands but to part with cash??

6 Goals compared to the amount of appearances and chances hes had is poor.

It shouldn't even need statistics to justify how utterly wank this guy is.

I want to raise the standards of this team, not appreciate a mule.

It shouldn't even need statistics to justify how utterly wank this guy is.

I want to raise the standards of this team, not appreciate a mule.

James the Blue, please be careful of your analogies. A mule is a very hard working animal that has strength and stamina. Hammond does not.

Though I appreciate the point you are trying to make :thumbup:

He's scored six goals, one against Hereford Extremly far from Vital, he's scored against Cardiff and Stoke in games we lost anyway, and against Barnsley we beat by two clear goals anyway. I make that two "vital goals" when you way that against the amount of time we've been handicapped by having that talentless donkey on the field it more than evens itself out.

He needs to leave in the summer, he's in his prime, and his prime it is five championship goals a season. There is not a single striker out our club I wouldn't play in front of him.

Are we not counting Wolves because it wasn't the one that ultimately won the match? Without his 38th minute goal, it'd have been a single point and not all three. :ph34r:

I count the Brum goal as 'vital' - that's a point we weren't expecting... the Wolves goal (helped us to 3 not just 1) and Burnley where his confusing runs around te defence caused an own goal. He didn't score it, but he might as well have. lol

Are we not counting Wolves because it wasn't the one that ultimately won the match? Without his 38th minute goal, it'd have been a single point and not all three. :ph34r:

I count the Brum goal as 'vital' - that's a point we weren't expecting... the Wolves goal (helped us to 3 not just 1) and Burnley where his confusing runs around te defence caused an own goal. He didn't score it, but he might as well have. lol

no we are are cleary are counting Brum and Wolves as they are the two "vital goals" he has scored. Pay attention.

And you obviously haven't seen the Burnley goal.

no we are are cleary are counting Brum and Wolves as they are the two "vital goals" he has scored. Pay attention.

And you obviously haven't seen the Burnley goal.

:doh:

Sometimes I just can't read. :whistle:

As for the Burnleh goal... I'm only going on what I remember Barber saying, which is probably a bad place to start.

I'll dig up the goal at World and retract my statement right now. :S

You're right, he was in the area of the goalscorer... but the goalscorer was in front of him and Hammond didn't even motion for the ball at all. lol

I can't be bothered to work through his record in detail but seem to recall him laying on the winner for Porter at Wolves away too. As Sheephead says, his contribution has been considerable and much better than some who have inexplicably kept him out of the side and who have produced next to nothing in consequence.

I can't be bothered to work through his record in detail but seem to recall him laying on the winner for Porter at Wolves away too. As Sheephead says, his contribution has been considerable and much better than some who have inexplicably kept him out of the side and who have produced next to nothing in consequence.

You call that a lay on? he went backwards and hit the ball into space hopefully before he fell over without looking up once.

Attention to detail Thracian, it will get you a long way.

Maybe Wortho received advice on not playing Hammond from your chosen duo of Taggart and Beaglehole.

You call that a lay on? he went backwards and hit the ball into space hopefully before he fell over without looking up once.

Attention to detail Thracian, it will get you a long way.

To be fair it wasn't a bad run and you can see him look up and spot Porter, before passing it.

To be fair it wasn't a bad run and you can see him look up and spot Porter, before passing it.

He never looks up, not once.

watched it about 20 times now, he doesn't look up at all, and you can tell as much as well because Mark Little should of cut that out. The whole goal is poorly defended.

I'm past laughing.

He'd just better not be at this club next year. The man is an embarrassment to himself and to this club.

There's only one player who's been an embarrassment to himself and the club - and that's Fryatt.

Hammond, with limited ability, has made a perfectly valid contribution in a limited amount of football.

But Fryatt, with far more natural ability and the sort of chance most 21-year-olds would dream of, could not even present himself as looking fit to do his job and has continually disappointed.

There's only one player who's been an embarrassment to himself and the club - and that's Fryatt.

Hammond, with limited ability, has made a perfectly valid contribution in a limited amount of football.

But Fryatt, with far more natural ability and the sort of chance most 21-year-olds would dream of, could not even present himself as looking fit to do his job and has continually disappointed.

I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, whats Fryatt got to do with Hammond being shit?

I read the other day on a website that Steve Bruce wanted to sign Hammond for Birmingham. Now I am sure the author was taking the piss, however, if any manager is prepared to sign Elvis and even give city money for him then I would really appreciate that. I take it thats what this thread is about?? :laugh:

I know that must ahve been from a joke site somewhere but the proof of a players ability is usually seen by how much attention that other managers pay towards him when that player is available for transfer. Some people would have kept COG or even though Josh Low was good at times but the fact that players like this both left us and went on to lower, crappier things is testament to their abilities at the time. Elvis will go the same way. I cant see him getting another Championship club at all. If he leaves, I think he`ll get to someone like Huddersfield or Port Vale.

Lets pan the no future donkeys!

Really Thracian how can you honestly believe that Hammond is a better footballer than Fryatt. Fryatt made a massive difference to us at the end of last season and has had a stop start season this year. Hammond is plain awful who's only ability is pace, Fryatt has composure and the ability to finish, which is far more important than being a headless chicken. I would rather play MDV than Hammond.

Really Thracian how can you honestly believe that Hammond is a better footballer than Fryatt. Fryatt made a massive difference to us at the end of last season and has had a stop start season this year. Hammond is plain awful who's only ability is pace, Fryatt has composure and the ability to finish, which is far more important than being a headless chicken. I would rather play MDV than Hammond.

I must say, Abrasive Fox, your posts are rarely abrasive at all. I feel you need to change your moniker to better embody your personna, something like Thoughtful Fox or Considered Fox.

I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, whats Fryatt got to do with Hammond being shit?

Everything when its Hammond getting all the non-stop ridicule for making a contribution while Fryatt gets a largely free ride for doing next to nothing.

Archived