Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicfox

Foxy eyes on Grayson

If Grayson hadn't played for City people wouldn't give him a second bloody glance.

I think your wrong, before Kelly got the job I remember managers who were doing well in Division one at the time being banded about on the forum, Grayson is no diferent!

Is that a serious statement or just a professional wind-up?

Serious. If Blackpool get promoted, believe you me you will see some serious financial backing from Oyston and Belokon, who both are probably richer than MM anyway. Belokon has already bought a club in Latvia and is using it as a feeder club, the foundations are being set for BFC to become a decent ambitious club once more, I think Larry will want to be apart of that if they get promoted.

If Grayson hadn't played for City people wouldn't give him a second bloody glance.

The fact that he played for Leicester is a tiny bonus, nothing more.

And there may be 100 good managers out there who we haven't noticed for reasons like you suggest but we have noticed Grayson and it would be nice if you'd explain why your negativity suggests he'd be a bad choice.

Grayson still has to prove himself I think. For someone to take us to the Prem in 3 years, we need someone who has managed longer and at this level or higher! Well that's what I think anyway!

Brian Little managed it for us, and he came from a lower division than Grayson!

Serious. If Blackpool get promoted, believe you me you will see some serious financial backing from Oyston and Belokon, who both are probably richer than MM anyway. Belokon has already bought a club in Latvia and is using it as a feeder club, the foundations are being set for BFC to become a decent ambitious club once more, I think Larry will want to be apart of that if they get promoted.

Blackpool have been out of the top two divisions since 1978. Their average gate is about a THIRD of ours. One side of their ground is a temporary stand, another is totally derelict.

They don't have the infrastructure in place to be serious challengers to us next season, even if they beat Forest to win promotion.

No matter how much money their sugar daddies may give Grayson to spend, there's no way he'd knock us back if Mandaric came calling.

The fact that he played for Leicester is a tiny bonus, nothing more.

And there may be 100 good managers out there who we haven't noticed for reasons like you suggest but we have noticed Grayson and it would be nice if you'd explain why your negativity suggests he'd be a bad choice.

If it's not down to the fact he played for us why have I not seen the names of the managers of S****horpe, Bristol, Forest, Yeovil, Walsall, Hartlepool, Swindon in the list of possibles.

If it's not down to the fact he played for us why have I not seen the names of the managers of S****horpe, Bristol, Forest, Yeovil, Walsall, Hartlepool, Swindon in the list of possibles.

They should be if they're any good - I notice Martin Allen is mentioned this morning.

It has nothing to do with him having played for us. Fact is he has done an outstanding job at Blackpool over the last two seasons and in the opinions of many he is ready to make the step up a division. He has turned a struggling club around and motivated an average squad of players. We are a struggling club with an average squad and I believe there is a shortage of potential candidates who have the ability to turn a club around by means other than throwing cash around.

Warnock was hardly popular at Sheffield United and was backed heavily by the board in their promotion season, Tigana had a lot of money to spend, Coleman has worked with a budget in the Premiership and kept a struggling team up but has no experience in the top half of a division, Worthington did it at Norwich as did Dowie at Palace but neither did well in the Prem, Ince hasn't been outstanding at Macclesfield and needs another season, Hoddle's Wolves were awful, Allen hasn't really seen the job through at a club but has got both Brentford and Milton Keynes to the playoffs and Newell is a potential disaster.

All those who want Grayson because he played for Leicester....

A certain Rob Kelly played for Leicester too. And he was a fu cking idiot.

How you get from the one sentence to the other and imply some relevent connection is extraordinary.

It has nothing to do with him having played for us. Fact is he has done an outstanding job at Blackpool over the last two seasons and in the opinions of many he is ready to make the step up a division. He has turned a struggling club around and motivated an average squad of players. We are a struggling club with an average squad and I believe there is a shortage of potential candidates who have the ability to turn a club around by means other than throwing cash around.

Warnock was hardly popular at Sheffield United and was backed heavily by the board in their promotion season, Tigana had a lot of money to spend, Coleman has worked with a budget in the Premiership and kept a struggling team up but has no experience in the top half of a division, Worthington did it at Norwich as did Dowie at Palace but neither did well in the Prem, Ince hasn't been outstanding at Macclesfield and needs another season, Hoddle's Wolves were awful, Allen hasn't really seen the job through at a club but has got both Brentford and Milton Keynes to the playoffs and Newell is a potential disaster.

Did you not read what I said... I understand he has done a decent job BUT, if it's just down to that why are people not mentioning the managers of the other teams I mentioned. Grayson is getting picked out of the group becuase he played for us END OF.

How you get from the one sentence to the other and imply some relevent connection is extraordinary.

Says the man famous for turning every thread into a disscussion on Andy King and Jeremy Beagle. :D

as far as being hero-worshipped - the whole team was back then - i remember clearly one play off final when he laughed in wise's face -brilliant- i worshipped him just for that!

and is he any less experienced than o'neill was?

i'm sick of people coming to city to earn a few quid and then nobbing-off, it would be nice for someone to come here to do something for a club they have great memories of...

If I remember rightly, Grayson was often seen as a laughing stock when he played for Leicester. It was only really in his last season or so that he managed to convince the fans he was worth his salt and then he fooked off for a very good price.

Compared to some of the players we've had playing for us recently, he's some sort of demi-god in comparison however.

If I remember rightly, Grayson was often seen as a laughing stock when he played for Leicester. It was only really in his last season or so that he managed to convince the fans he was worth his salt and then he fooked off for a very good price.

Compared to some of the players we've had playing for us recently, he's some sort of demi-god in comparison however.

Too right. Up until his last season, Grayson was pretty rubbish. Suddenly, he must have found religion or drugs or something because he became an overnight demi-god of a rightback during his last season moving to Villa for about a million.

Archived