Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicfox

Foxy eyes on Grayson

he certainly sounds promising. didnt he walk out on us in pre-season to go to villa? poor show simon! i can;t really remember that far back cause i was only a kiddie, but didnt he do it in a bit of a back-stabbing way? (i may be totally wrong) :dunno:

he certainly sounds promising. didnt he walk out on us in pre-season to go to villa? poor show simon! i can;t really remember that far back cause i was only a kiddie, but didnt he do it in a bit of a back-stabbing way? (i may be totally wrong) :dunno:

Grayson went to Villa because they offered more money, simple as.

Bearing in mind he helped us reach Wembley FIVE times in as many years, I don't think we did too badly out of him!

He's a top bloke who has shown he can achieve a lot on a limited budget.

And he'd certainly be trusted and respected by fans far more than some of his potential rivals for the City job!

I'd have no problem with Grayson, i mean i'd like to have a "proven" manager, but then again any apointment will be risk... Tigana remains number one for me and i think he's "just" about realistic (and i mean "just"), but failing that Grayson, Coleman, Davies, Burley etc... all would interest me and i wouldnt be disapointed by any getting the job :thumbup: , the likes of Warnock, Newell, Wortho etc... would leave me totally uninspired :yawn: , while the likes of Ince, Lennon or worse still Pearce or Robson would have me climbing up the wall! :@

I'd have no problem with Grayson, i mean i'd like to have a "proven" manager, but then again any apointment will be risk... Tigana remains number one for me and i think he's "just" about realistic (and i mean "just"), but failing that Grayson, Coleman, Davies, Burnley etc... all would interest me and i wouldnt be disapointed by any getting the job :thumbup: , the likes of Warnock, Newell, Wortho etc... would leave me totally uninspired :yawn: , while the likes of Ince, Lennon or worse still Pearce or Robson would have me climbing up the wall! :@

You want the whole of Burnley to manage us??!! lol

Well if you believe what Thracian says it’s because he’s black

That's not what I said at all - and how that would equate with the idea of Tigano coming I don't know.

It is frightening the way people can take simple statements and make them mean something else.

Let me be clear.

Paul Ince was the one complaining about the lack of black managers in English football in the national press.

He was the one who made it an issue of colour when perhaps he'd have been wiser just making a success of being a manager and letting that success speak for itself.

Not Tigana, Not Gullit. Not any other potential black manager you care to name.

Grayson still has to prove himself I think. For someone to take us to the Prem in 3 years, we need someone who has managed longer and at this level or higher! Well that's what I think anyway! Ppl sometimes see the negative of getting a 'household' name manager in, who's seen and done it before, but for our situation, now we have money and real ambition, I think we need just that. Before MM, I think Grayson would be the type of manager we needed and could take a chance on. However, we are not aiming for mid-table finishes now, we are aiming for promotion and that for a relatively novice manager like Grayson would be too much in my eyes!

I doubt whether MM has ever heard of him - so no chance of it happening.

Just because he was associated with leicester we have rumours about him, same with Lennon. It's Mandaric's choice and he has no connection with these people whatsoever

Why the hell would Mandaric have not heard of one of this seasons most successful managers? He does follow football doesn't he? Thats an absolutely bizarre statement.

Just because he was associated with leicester we have rumours about him, same with Lennon. It's Mandaric's choice and he has no connection with these people whatsoever

Even if he did'nt which i highly doubt.

Im sure MM has heard of the Latvian businessman Valeri Belokon who has connections in both banking and beer, and who ownes a 20% share in the club.

Archived