Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

Is anyone going to watch the Academy final?

:D Thanks.

My missus was terrific. We should have been working this morning but as soon as I mentioned the football she feigned a bad back and insisted she didn't really fancy making it worse by working anyway!

Truly I could never find another like her.

I can't believe you actually went to Sunderland. You are a god. :worship::thumbup:lol

So how come people like Gradel (who is 19 and a half) can play in the Under 18 Final?

I'm not sure about this but believe you're allowed so many over-age players. For some reason I think it's three but I'll happily stand correcting.

Sunderland were a very young side - although they seemed a bit bigger and stronger than Leicester to me.

:D Thanks.

My missus was terrific. We should have been working this morning but as soon as I mentioned the football she feigned a bad back and insisted she didn't really fancy making it worse by working anyway!

Truly I could never find another like her.

Your nuts...but you really are the man!..hat's off Thracian...your a true supporter! :worship::worship::worship::thumbup:

Your nuts...but you really are the man!..hat's off Thracian...your a true supporter! :worship::worship::worship::thumbup:

A true supporter? Ha, it's the first team that counts not the youth's - 90% of them won't be anywhere near professional football one they get released.

Did Thracian go to Sunderland this season for the proper game?

A true supporter? Ha, it's the first team that counts not the youth's - 90% of them won't be anywhere near professional football one they get released.

It may be just the first team that counts to you. But I like watching the Reserves and the Youth team when I get the chance.

In fact, this last two years the first team has been the most disappointing and the least enjoyable to watch.

It's the football that counts to me and there's not been much of it from the first team for one reason or another.

It may be just the first team that counts to you. But I like watching the Reserves and the Youth team when I get the chance.

In fact, this last two years the first team has been the most disappointing and the least enjoyable to watch.

It's the football that counts to me and there's not been much of it from the first team for one reason or another.

Good for you. You continue to watch a bunch of hopefuls - the majority of them plying their respective trade below professional football levels in a few years time.

Good for you. You continue to watch a bunch of hopefuls - the majority of them plying their respective trade below professional football levels in a few years time.

Are you talking about Maybury, Jarrett, Horsfield, Douglas, Tiatto, Johnson, Nils and Kenton or the youngsters? :whistle:

Are you talking about Maybury, Jarrett, Horsfield, Douglas, Tiatto, Johnson, Nils and Kenton or the youngsters? :whistle:

Seeing as the majority of the youngsters have never played league football, I think that's obvious. And your attempt at 'humour' is about as predictable as Louis Dodds securing a career in professional football.

Seeing as the majority of the youngsters have never played league football, I think that's obvious. And your attempt at 'humour' is about as predictable as Louis Dodds securing a career in professional football.

Well I cannot imagine many of those I named will be in signiicant professional football three years hence. But we'll see and we will in respect of Dodds.

Going up to Sunderland on a Sunday to watch an under 18 side play at 11:30 am shows commitment. So what if half of them never go on to play for a league club? They were representing Leicester City FC in a final and they won it. They've played good football against sometimes weaker opposition but at times against strong outfits and have done the club proud. If only the same could be said about the first team.

I am with Jonbluefox9 and Thracian on this. If these Academy players are not good enough and 90% will have no league career then it will be a reflection on how we develop these youngsters. ;):thumbup:

Yippee, we're gonna win the league.

It's inspired me to start playing football against Primary School teams so that I can look really good too.

I wonder if Thracian will come and watch me? :unsure:

... but Dave from this message board also went

Dave? Nah. I was Dave but it was confusing because there's also a dave - maybe it was him. Maybe it was dave the caveman though, or Dave_7?

I wish my parents had been more inventive.

I went to see East Malling play the other week and they are far far worse than LCFC Academy.

Therefore I am a better fan than all of you.

Thracian. Yet again.. your logic is somewhere between fatally flawed and simply non-existent.

Easy now guys. It wasn't even Thracian who brought up the "true supporter" thing.

I respect him for taking the trip to Sunderland and appreciate him providing all of us with a thorough match report. Why is that a problem? Everyone knows Thracian may occasionally :whistle: wear rose-tinted spectacles but let's not get diverted from what is a great achievement for the Academy.

Maybe they won't all make it but they play for Leicester City so the deserve our support and recognition for a job well done. And I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of these players in the first team squad next season.

Credit where credit is due (and keep the sarcasm to when it's necessary). For the Academy and Thracian.

Easy now guys. It wasn't even Thracian who brought up the "true supporter" thing.

I respect him for taking the trip to Sunderland and appreciate him providing all of us with a thorough match report. Why is that a problem? Everyone knows Thracian may occasionally :whistle: wear rose-tinted spectacles but let's not get diverted from what is a great achievement for the Academy.

Maybe they won't all make it but they play for Leicester City so the deserve our support and recognition for a job well done. And I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of these players in the first team squad next season.

Credit where credit is due (and keep the sarcasm to when it's necessary). For the Academy and Thracian.

Hear, hear. Well said. :D:D;):thumbup:

Would be amazing if Mandaric went, don't you think..
Not really considering he could fly up there.
Considering his position and the prolonged lack of any success at our club, I'd be astounded if he wasn't there.

In response to Wooly, this may be youth football but at that level it's a big achievement for the U18's and, as the club's owner, the very least Milan Mandaric could do is offer his presence and his support.

If people like Lisa can get to Plymouth to see a horror show on a Tuesday night I'm qiote sure MM can manage a Play-off final at Sunderland on a Sunday morning.

So he was there was he? Must have been since it was the very least he could do right? And he could just fly up there?

Bill Anderson's view.

<a href="http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|589823215200738236731" target="_blank">http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?k...215200

738236731://http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/detail...15200

738236731</a>

I love this one about Leicester only having two clear chances throughout. I can understand em saying they had more chances and were the better team, particularly in the second half, but City scored two goals, McKay should definitely have slotted two more, Odihiambo had two good opportunities in quick succession so perhaps they were only looking in one direction.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/new...ny_for_cats.php

I am with Jonbluefox9 and Thracian on this. If these Academy players are not good enough and 90% will have no league career then it will be a reflection on how we develop these youngsters. ;):thumbup:

Apparently only 1% of Academy players (from the age of 12) sign a professional contract. Obviously those that played yesterday are closer than most to doing that. However for many that don't make the grade it is just as much a reflection on how they develop themselves as much as the club's input.

The club cannot be held responsible for all the failings of these players.

It's inspired me to start playing football against Primary School teams so that I can look really good too.

I wonder if Thracian will come and watch me? :unsure:

Me too but I didn't look that good actually.

Apparently only 1% of Academy players (from the age of 12) sign a professional contract. Obviously those that played yesterday are closer than most to doing that. However for many that don't make the grade it is just as much a reflection on how they develop themselves as much as the club's input.

The club cannot be held responsible for all the failings of these players.

Not every Academy player gets this far. Having put themselves in the shop wondow as far as careers are concerned, they need to grab the opportunity. ;):thumbup:

Archived