Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

Is anyone going to watch the Academy final?

In Sunderland? I doubt it.

Sunday mornings is not the easiest time for me, work wise, but if the weather forecast is bad I'll go..

at least I'm fairly certain it'll be a game worth wat6ching - and if they win, my youngest son and his fiance are already planning to cheer them on in Dallas. :thumbsup:

Hats off to anybody who makes this, great effort.. can't see anybody beyond families and only the most dedicated of mates attending though!

Would be amazing if Mandaric went, don't you think..

Hats off to anybody who makes this, great effort.. can't see anybody beyond families and only the most dedicated of mates attending though!

Would be amazing if Mandaric went, don't you think..

Not really considering he could fly up there.

Not really considering he could fly up there.

Considering his position and the prolonged lack of any success at our club, I'd be astounded if he wasn't there.

In response to Wooly, this may be youth football but at that level it's a big achievement for the U18's and, as the club's owner, the very least Milan Mandaric could do is offer his presence and his support.

If people like Lisa can get to Plymouth to see a horror show on a Tuesday night I'm qiote sure MM can manage a Play-off final at Sunderland on a Sunday morning.

i think i'll be going because i'm living in newcastle right now. will be the first time i've seen the academy so quite looking forward to it!

Make notes as we would like a match report. ;):thumbup:

Leicester City's under 18 Academy side will be looking to end their magnificent season on a high when they travel to the Stadium of Light to take on Sunderland in the FA Premier League Academy play-off final on Sunday (11:30pm).

From the OS that is. Bit late don't ya think?

Leicester City's under 18 Academy side will be looking to end their magnificent season on a high when they travel to the Stadium of Light to take on Sunderland in the FA Premier League Academy play-off final on Sunday (11:30pm).

From the OS that is. Bit late don't ya think?

Schoolbor error...don't forget the time difference, they're 8 hours behind up there :thumbup:

Considering his position and the prolonged lack of any success at our club, I'd be astounded if he wasn't there.

In response to Wooly, this may be youth football but at that level it's a big achievement for the U18's and, as the club's owner, the very least Milan Mandaric could do is offer his presence and his support.

If people like Lisa can get to Plymouth to see a horror show on a Tuesday night I'm qiote sure MM can manage a Play-off final at Sunderland on a Sunday morning.

Isn't he on holiday in Florida at the moment? :dunno: That's the reason that RL were giving for there being no real activity on the manager front.

Isn't he on holiday in Florida at the moment? :dunno: That's the reason that RL were giving for there being no real activity on the manager front.

Yes but if I were owner of a football club and one of the clubs teams got to a final I'd still take time out.

I got married on a Wednesday so I didn't miss playing football on the Saturday.

People understand. :whistle::D

Yes but if I were owner of a football club and one of the clubs teams got to a final I'd still take time out.

lol lol lol lol :worship::thumbup:

Don't knock it. I got married in June during a year with no major Championships.

That's just a day, I missed my puberty to watch Leicester. Haha not funny

:laugh: That is actually brilliant! :laugh:

from the sunderland os

Sunderland U18s 1 Leicester City U18s 1 - latest

The game was less than a minute old when Garner chopped down Jack Colback - and somehow escaped a booking.

Gradel, prolific at youth team level this season, opened the scoring in the fourth minute, firing a left-foot shot past Carson from just outside the area.

Sunderland, backed by a big crowd, were on level terms a minute later, Henderson's inswinging corner sneaking in at the far post.

Leicester's side included three players with first-team experience but Sunderland, with seven first-year scholars in their team, were not daunted and they took the game to the Foxes in the opening stages.

Gavin Donoghue nearly put the Black Cats ahead in the 15th minute, just failing to make good contact with Henderson's cross.

Josh Home-Jackson missed a grerat chance to put Sunderland in front in the 19th minute. Dowson's shot from an angle was spilled by Pentney and the striker was there to pounce, but somehow hit the post from six yards.

Home-Jackson was still smarting whe he got another chance as the ball came back in, this time his touch let him down and Pentney gathered. It was a big let-off for Leicester.

Sunderland played some good stuff in the first half and Henderson tested Pentney from the edge of the area after a good move in the 20th minute.

The Foxes, who had scored an impressive 96 goals this season befroe the game, were always a threat on the break and McKay's shot from 20 yards took a deflection before looping just over, in the 21st minute.

Sunderland opened up City with a great move in the 27th minute. Kay, Weir, Dowson and Hendersonw ere all involved befiore Lusconbe went clear in the left side of the box.

He chose to cut inside and was crowded out. It fell to Home-Jackson who poked a right-foot shot wide from 10 yards.

It was an open first half and City dangerman Eric Odhiambo flashed a shot just wide in the 30th minute, warning Sunderland that they would not ahve it all their own way.

Sunderland: Carson, Kay, Donoghue, McArdle, Liddle, Henderson, Weir, Colback, Luscombe, Dowson, Home-Jackson. Subs: Backhouse, Waghorn, Cook, Chandler, Madden.

Leicester City: Pentney, Cox, Mattock, Magunda, Lycett, Garner, Gradel, King, McKay, Odhiambo, Beswick. Subs: Chambers, Cisak, Tuttle, Turner, Jauow.

Other Headlines

Leicester take the lead again :D Half time - 1-2. :clap:

Sunderland paid for their missed chances in the first half when McKay put the Foxes ahead just before half-time.

Andy King's shot fell into the path of the striker and he slotted it past Carson.

Archived