Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Bob Marley

I personally think he's a good place to start if you want to get in reggae BUT there is far far better to found out there it's one genre you can find so many undiscovered gems!!

most of the best stuff was done by producers and studios (sheds) like Lee Scratch Perry at Black Ark Coxsone Dodds at Studio 1,King Tubby and so on

many of which featured artists you would never hear again but the likes of Max Romeo, Augustus Pablo, Junior Murvin and many more produced far better songs than Bob Marley

• 2 months later...
I personally think he's a good place to start if you want to get in reggae BUT there is far far better to found out there it's one genre you can find so many undiscovered gems!!

most of the best stuff was done by producers and studios (sheds) like Lee Scratch Perry at Black Ark Coxsone Dodds at Studio 1,King Tubby and so on

many of which featured artists you would never hear again but the likes of Max Romeo, Augustus Pablo, Junior Murvin and many more produced far better songs than Bob Marley

Black Uhuru, Burning Spear, Linton Kwesi Johnson, Misty in Roots, Dennis Brown and Steel Pulse - love the dub!

I've got a favourite Marley album - Dreams of Freedom, ambient translations of Bob in dub, which is pretty smooth

Three Little Birds is one of my favourite uplifting songs ~ and it reminds me of driving along a switchback Caribbean coastline while my little lad was chucking up all over the car :D

yeah Bob marley an the wailers were good, but as others have said its not the be all and end all of reggae, and on the dub side of things, Scientist V The crazy mad professor is a great record

Archived