Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flexx

Shortlist

I wonder what he's got against Simon Grayson - or whether Grayson's said he wants to stay at Blackpool.

We'll get passion and direct football in abundance from Allen but those defeats in the play-offs worry me as do comments from an MK fan that he might not be the greatest tactician.

The higher you go in football the more you find details matter, along with the and the ability to adapt your tactics/personnel quickly.

At least it doesn't seem like we'll be relegation candidates this season which will make a pleasant change.

But I'd still love to know why MM would prefer Allen to Grayson. I'm not saying he's wrong. I'd just love to know his reasoning.

Espcially if Grayson's Blackpool go up.

I wonder what he's got against Simon Grayson - or whether Grayson's said he wants to stay at Blackpool.

We'll get passion and direct football in abundance from Allen but those defeats in the play-offs worry me as do comments from an MK fan that he might not be the greatest tactician.

The higher you go in football the more you find details matter, along with the and the ability to adapt your tactics/personnel quickly.

At least it doesn't seem like we'll be relegation candidates this season which will make a pleasant change.

But I'd still love to know why MM would prefer Allen to Grayson. I'm not saying he's wrong. I'd just love to know his reasoning.

Allen has done well at several clubs maybe.

In the Mercury there are quotes about Allen from MM... along the lines of.... this club has been missing someone with passion, drive, enthusiasm and that Allen brings all of these in abundance.

Look at Allen though, everything about the man is the sort of chap Mandaric loves. Almost a mirror image. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, but Mandaric is an odd character and it's paramount he has a manager he can trust and relate with.

Grayson has done superbly well at Blackpool and I hope they get promoted not just because I have a soft spot for Blackpool (footballing reasons only) but because it's early days in his management career and it will be interesting to see how he get's on.

Allen has done well at several clubs maybe.

In the Mercury there are quotes about Allen from MM... along the lines of.... this club has been missing someone with passion, drive, enthusiasm and that Allen brings all of these in abundance.

If only he'd added brains to the end of that list I'd have felt more reassured.

I always bring myself back to the notion that Allen seems not to do quite as well as you expect and Grayson seems to do a bit better.

That seems a silly thing to dwell on really but, while the records of both are excellent, that is what nags at me.

Both would be successful, I'm sure, and they ought to be with MM's backing. But I'd have easier have put money on Grayson getting us up than Allen.

Archived