Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Shape up

It wouldn't surprise me if Fryatt was one of the early ones out of the door.

Hume doesn't have to change anything to be an Allen type player. Whoever was manager, however he was playing, whatever the score and however frustrating the tactics, Hume gave 100% every game and was fit to do his work virtually the whole time.

Allen will surely sign two more strikers and that will leave one place available on the bench for the likes of Dodds, Fryatt, McKay and anyone else who comes along.

Allen's already quoted the City's record of 13 wins and seems determined to change it. He'll look at the videos, doubtless read match reports and when he sees Fryatt's record of four goals for the season he'll know where one of the problems was.

And I've little doubt that a 1 goal in 2 games alternative striker would be very appealing, not to mention anyone else who emerges.

Fryatt is a good player, you have some kind of vendetta against him for some reason. Does it irritate you that he and Dodds are similar players and Fryatt keeps him out of the team? And if Dodd's starts this season for us are anything to go by then the managers and coaches dont rate him highly, so why do you?

Fair does if he can 'feed balls' no manager is going to play him there, they all think he is a striker as he is the man who scores the most goals for Leicester.

i also agree that no manager will play him there. its just a pipe dream and as im not manager of LCFC it wont happen any time soon. he has scored goals and i hope he continues to do so for LCFC. it'd take alot to dislodge him as "fans fave" now i think.

Fryatt is a good player, you have some kind of vendetta against him for some reason. Does it irritate you that he and Dodds are similar players and Fryatt keeps him out of the team? And if Dodd's starts this season for us are anything to go by then the managers and coaches dont rate him highly, so why do you?

My comment wasn't about Dodds, except incidentally, cos he will have a damned hard time getting in too, as he's well aware.

It was about Fryatt.

I get sick of repeating that I have no problem with Fryatt and have written well of him on many occasions, particularly during 2005/2006.

But that's not the Fryatt of today. You can pretend it is all you like but Martin Allen will want a striker that gives him a significant contribution towards the 75+ goals his MK Dons hit last season.

Fryatt might suddenly respond to Allen and be a superstar. If he did you might have to ask why he didn't have that motivation last season but nevertheless, the transformation would be welcome - to me and everyone else presumably.

But put yourself in Allen's place. Hume is fans favourite, scored goals and worked his socks off last season. Unless he's superceded by two new signings he would surely be first choice.

Fryatt was unfit at the outset, injured too often, scored four goals all told and was generally ineffective when he wasn't scoring. Saying that doesn't equate to "a vendetta". Those are the facts. They are all but incontestable.

Allen will have seen that return. He will certainly sign a striker and surely he will want to play that striker. Even Hume might come under pressure if a second quality striker comes along

So Fryatt might be fourth choice or even worse if, like last season, others do better in pre-season and Allen picks the team on merit.

GK: Henderson

RB: Stearman

CB: Kisnorbo

CB: New. Need an experienced guy. Stefanovic / De Zeeuw

LB: Mattock. Though would like to see an experienced LB come in, otherwise if Mattock gets suspended, injured or loses form we have someone to put in. Michael Gray ?

RW: New. Matt Jarvis ? Would keep Newton on. Only as a back up though.

CM: New. Need a physical presence. Someone to break up attacks. Salif Diao ? Again wudnt want to put too much pressure on Wesolowski, and would prefer to gradually ease him back in

CM: New. Need a creater. Someone who can dictate a game. Danny Murphy ?

LW: New. Lee Hendrie. Keep Porter as back up

FWD: Hume

FWD: New. Need a physical presence. Henrik Pedersen ?

Sell: Kenton, Hammond, De Vries, Douglas,

I can't believe how highly rated Porter is. If he was the exact same player, but had been signed on loan last season say instead of being from our youth teams, nobody would give a shit!

Do you actually think he's good enough to be playing in a side pushing for promotion? Do you believe that, having been released from here in a year or twos time, he will be playing anywhere above the lower leagues?

Midfield, Midfield, Midfield......

For the past season we have not had 1 decent midfield player, not a single guy who could combine passing, tackling and running...... forget about creativity and other additional attributes.

Hughes - Lazy and generally a poor midfielder. How can you have a strong midfielder who weighs 9 stone ?

Jarrett - Lazy and clear lack of quality (too much like J.Lewis)

Weso - Failed to live up to expectation like Stearman this year, injured or not when you are on the pitch you HAVE TO play.

Porter - I actually do not mind Levi because he is a winger.

We can debate attack and defence until the cows come home but if we have no midfielders to win the ball, pass the ball , track back and support the front two then whats the point. Case in point, how crap is Fryatt because he has no support at all, Hume has to drop deep if he wants to ball............

If Hughes ever wears the Leicester shirt again I will not be going to the Walkers (not after QPR at home)........

My comment wasn't about Dodds, except incidentally, cos he will have a damned hard time getting in too, as he's well aware.

It was about Fryatt.

I get sick of repeating that I have no problem with Fryatt and have written well of him on many occasions, particularly during 2005/2006.

But that's not the Fryatt of today. You can pretend it is all you like but Martin Allen will want a striker that gives him a significant contribution towards the 75+ goals his MK Dons hit last season.

Fryatt might suddenly respond to Allen and be a superstar. If he did you might have to ask why he didn't have that motivation last season but nevertheless, the transformation would be welcome - to me and everyone else presumably.

But put yourself in Allen's place. Hume is fans favourite, scored goals and worked his socks off last season. Unless he's superceded by two new signings he would surely be first choice.

Fryatt was unfit at the outset, injured too often, scored four goals all told and was generally ineffective when he wasn't scoring. Saying that doesn't equate to "a vendetta". Those are the facts. They are all but incontestable.

Allen will have seen that return. He will certainly sign a striker and surely he will want to play that striker. Even Hume might come under pressure if a second quality striker comes along

So Fryatt might be fourth choice or even worse if, like last season, others do better in pre-season and Allen picks the team on merit.

What if Rooney was playing for Leicester, do you still think he would be a great goalscorer ? NO (except for goals outside the box). Why ? because like Fryatt he would be suffering from a cronic lack of service. We cannot blame Fryatt for this season, blame the rest of the team. When Fryatt has the ball at his feet in the box he is great but that has not happened this year due to the crap midfield. The solution is to get some creative midfielders and play hume and fryatt up front = goals goals goals.

What if Rooney was playing for Leicester, do you still think he would be a great goalscorer ? NO (except for goals outside the box). Why ? because like Fryatt he would be suffering from a cronic lack of service. We cannot blame Fryatt for this season, blame the rest of the team. When Fryatt has the ball at his feet in the box he is great but that has not happened this year due to the crap midfield. The solution is to get some creative midfielders and play hume and fryatt up front = goals goals goals.

Erm, ye what? :blink:

Douglas, De Vries, Sheehan, Kenton and Elvis ****ing Hammond all need to sling their hook, wouldn't be too bothred if Hughes, Maybury, McCarthy, Stearman or Henderson were sold as long as we don't get ripped off.

To be honest I wouldn't be upset if any member of the current squad was sold as long as the cash was right, it's not as if we have anyone who is irreplaceable.

Erm, ye what? :blink:

Douglas, De Vries, Sheehan, Kenton and Elvis ****ing Hammond all need to sling their hook, wouldn't be too bothred if Hughes, Maybury, McCarthy, Stearman or Henderson were sold as long as we don't get ripped off.

To be honest I wouldn't be upset if any member of the current squad was sold as long as the cash was right, it's not as if we have anyone who is irreplaceable.

Best comment so far :thumbup:

Mattock, Kisnorbo, McCarthy, Weso and Hume would all seem to conform to the "Allen" model of what he's looking for... all have a great attitude and are commited even if the likes of McCarthy are more limited players... I'm not sure about which younger players are "Allen types" though both McKay and Gradel might fit :dunno:

The likes of Hammond, DeVries, Douglas, Maybury, Fryatt and Hughes I can't see lasting long in the Allen era...

Finally, while Stearman's ability isnt in doubt his attitude stinks and if it doesnt change then he's probably off, Henderson and Logan are limited players though their attitude isnt as suspect as some in the current squad so they may stand a chance at retention but if we're too push for promotion we'll need to bring in a least one new decent keeper and probably a new second choice.

Mattock, Kisnorbo, McCarthy, Weso and Hume would all seem to conform to the "Allen" model of what he's looking for... all have a great attitude and are commited even if the likes of McCarthy are more limited players... I'm not sure about which younger players are "Allen types" though both McKay and Gradel might fit :dunno:

The likes of Hammond, DeVries, Douglas, Maybury, Fryatt and Hughes I can't see lasting long in the Allen era...

Finally, while Stearman's ability isnt in doubt his attitude stinks and if it doesnt change then he's probably off, Henderson and Logan are limited players though their attitude isnt as suspect as some in the current squad so they may stand a chance at retention but if we're too push for promotion we'll need to bring in a least one new decent keeper and probably a new second choice.

Mmm :unsure:

Has anyone thought about the quality of service given to fryatt last season? you do need the ball played to YOU not to the opposition to score goals...just thought i would make the point.

when Hughes did a good pass to fryatt v fulham he finished it same with jarret v derby and to get injured after fulham when he was starting to look a good player again is just unlucky...stop writing him off he will be a great goalscorer for us in the coming season

Archived