Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Shape up

Which players are clearly going to be shipped out by Martin Allen and which do you think he'll keep.

Don't judge the players on their ability, judge them on their attitude.

MON had the knack of getting the best out of some the old donkeys he inherited and I believe MA may do the same to some of those currently grazing at the Walkers.

I get the feeling attitude will be uppermost in his mind when he decides who has and who hasn't a future at the club.

Much of his info will be from DVDs so who's out and who's in?

Outs ;

Hughes, Maybury, Kenton, Hammond, De Vries, Henderson, and Douglas are the ones i would pick from our current squad who havent already left who need shipping out.

this (imo) means we need 2 strikers, 1 to partner Fryatt and 1 to bench warm

4 midfielders, 1 central and 2 wingers, 1 to bench warm.

1 left back, 1 right back, another versatile player who can play anywhere

right now i'd like the team to look like this

GK : Newbie (Logan - Bench.)

RB : Newbie (Stearman - Bench.)

CB : McAuley (McCarthy - Bench.)

CB : Kisnorbo WOOOOAH (Newbie - Bench.)

LB : Newbie (Newbie / Mattock - Bench.)

RM : Newbie (Newbie - Bench.)

CMF : Wesolowski (Newbie - Bench.)

CMF : Huuuuuuuuuuume (Newbie - Bench.)

LMF : Newbie (Porter / Mattock - Bench.)

CF : Fryatt (Newbie - Bench.)

CF : Newbie (Newbie - Bench.)

that is using the current squad, obviously if we signed Lee Hendrie move Hume out and into CF. if we signed Wayne Rooney move Fryatt onto the bench etc etc.

is fryatt really such a dead cert? i know opinion is mixed here but, based on what i saw, heard, read this season - he has been unfit and lacking any sharpness, having had plenty of time to get fit...

doesn't exactly sound like Allen's type of player?

is fryatt really such a dead cert? i know opinion is mixed here but, based on what i saw, heard, read this season - he has been unfit and lacking any sharpness, having had plenty of time to get fit...

i think that fryatt would be a real gem for us. imagine if we hadnt have bought him, warsaw had stayed up and he banged in 20+ goals last term, he'd be the new freddy eastwood/billy sharp, right?

you're right his injuries this season havent helped but surely the first 6 months of this season coming will determine his future with us. if he can bag 10 goals before xmas i say he will be one of our star players. if he is languishing on the bench and struggling for fitness or having niggling injuries we need to look elsewhere.

From the current squad at the moment it's looking like;

Logan

Stearman

Mattock

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Porter

Wesolowski

Hughes

Newton (I think we might sign him)

Fryatt

Hume

I think at the very least if we're looking for top six next season then we need a new left-back, practically a whole new midfield and a targetman.

From the current squad at the moment it's looking like;

Logan

Stearman

Mattock

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Porter

Wesolowski

Hughes

Newton (I think we might sign him)

Fryatt

Hume

I think at the very least if we're looking for top six next season then we need a new left-back, practically a whole new midfield and a targetman.

I like how you mixed the football manager way of pickingthe defence, with just a normal left to right system in midfield :P

And yes, that looks like the best team we could field.

Allen will get a good thorough evaluation about the players I think, not just from the DVD's obviously. He'll have the coaching staff that are still here to help him so I would assume that he gets a decent ish assessment.

De Vries, Douglas, Maybury, Hughes look fairly certain to be out for me.

Hammond and Henderson are also possibilities in the back of my mind.

Allen will get a good thorough evaluation about the players I think, not just from the DVD's obviously. He'll have the coaching staff that are still here to help him so I would assume that he gets a decent ish assessment.

De Vries, Douglas, Maybury, Hughes look fairly certain to be out for me.

Hammond and Henderson are also possibilities in the back of my mind.

Why do people want Maybury out? He's the best RB at the club by a mile.

Keep...Hume, McCarthy, Mattock, Wesolowski. Get rid of the rest.

Play Hume, Mattock and maybe McCarthy and use Weso as a backup.

Allen has to be careful he isnt tempted to keep too many of the current squad, because it will be a repeat of last season. Regardless of how they perform and work in pre-season for the new manager...some of them simply cannot not be forgiven for ripping my heart out over and over again last season.

Bring in players who are willing to work for Each other, the manager and the FANS. I was pleased to hear Allen talking about the fans paying their hard earned money etc, because i didnt get the impression that the players were aware of much it means to us last season.

Sooo excited about the new season now...lol we deserve a bit of optimism after the pain of last season.

James

Allen has to be careful he isnt tempted to keep too many of the current squad, because it will be a repeat of last season. Regardless of how they perform and work in pre-season for the new manager...some of them simply cannot not be forgiven for ripping my heart out over and over again last season.

Bring in players who are willing to work for Each other, the manager and the FANS. I was pleased to hear Allen talking about the fans paying their hard earned money etc, because i didnt get the impression that the players were aware of much it means to us last season.

Sooo excited about the new season now...lol we deserve a bit of optimism after the pain of last season.

James

Welcome.

What did McAuley and Kisnorbo not do for you not to keep them, but keep McCarthy? :dunno:

why? i feel he would make a good attacking midfielder. sat just behind the front 2 feeding them balls. explain why i may be wrong

Fair does if he can 'feed balls' no manager is going to play him there, they all think he is a striker as he is the man who scores the most goals for Leicester.

Fair does if he can 'feed balls' no manager is going to play him there, they all think he is a striker as he is the man who scores the most goals for Leicester.

I think he should be a centre mid, he works his knackers off and has a very good shot. He can also pass to feet which is an anomaly in our current midfield :thumbup:

It wouldn't surprise me if Fryatt was one of the early ones out of the door.

Hume doesn't have to change anything to be an Allen type player. Whoever was manager, however he was playing, whatever the score and however frustrating the tactics, Hume gave 100% every game and was fit to do his work virtually the whole time.

Allen will surely sign two more strikers and that will leave one place available on the bench for the likes of Dodds, Fryatt, McKay and anyone else who comes along.

Allen's already quoted the City's record of 13 wins and seems determined to change it. He'll look at the videos, doubtless read match reports and when he sees Fryatt's record of four goals for the season he'll know where one of the problems was.

And I've little doubt that a 1 goal in 2 games alternative striker would be very appealing, not to mention anyone else who emerges.

James

why mccarthy?? why not Kisnorbo, much better leader, not as aggressive and is more talented

Archived