Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fatbloke

All things in moderation

the issue of moderation pertaining to forums such as this is a very important and responsable one and I am sure that the chosen ones within this group are, in the main doing a very difficult job very well, however with regards the recently closed thread started by Barton fox regarding what to call, or not to call Martin Allen I feel was wrongly axed from the forum, I was guilty of straying away from the original subject matter and then upsetting one or two people with my views on peoples strange obsession with the design of our latest football shirt, I was heavily insulted by a few individuals being branded a moron and an idiot among other things, I then replied, very reasonably to each person explaining my views, then one person, Finnegan if I remember rightly closed the thread with a very infantile written rebuke, in other words I`m a moderator and I`ll have the last say, to have some jumped up little upstart behave in such a manner is detrimental to the quality of the freedom of debate these places are all about, I appologise again to Barton for ruining his thread and shall go back to just reading the site without contributing, regards to all and C`mon you foxes.

the issue of moderation pertaining to forums such as this is a very important and responsable one and I am sure that the chosen ones within this group are, in the main doing a very difficult job very well, however with regards the recently closed thread started by Barton fox regarding what to call, or not to call Martin Allen I feel was wrongly axed from the forum, I was guilty of straying away from the original subject matter and then upsetting one or two people with my views on peoples strange obsession with the design of our latest football shirt, I was heavily insulted by a few individuals being branded a moron and an idiot among other things, I then replied, very reasonably to each person explaining my views, then one person, Finnegan if I remember rightly closed the thread with a very infantile written rebuke, in other words I`m a moderator and I`ll have the last say, to have some jumped up little upstart behave in such a manner is detrimental to the quality of the freedom of debate these places are all about, I appologise again to Barton for ruining his thread and shall go back to just reading the site without contributing, regards to all and C`mon you foxes.

Ah don't take it so seriously. It's only a forum.

Welcome to foxestalk!

Ah don't take it so seriously. It's only a forum.

:yesyes:

I closed the thread

I'm

guilty.gif

I promise to wear this T-shirt for the rest of the day as retribution for my sins.

Maybe this thread should be made into a sticky.

Well it's a bit of a dogs dinner of posts so it's well on its way, oooops perhaps I shouldn't mention dogs.

Archived