Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Under 18's in limelight again

I decided to have a dig around after finding out we had 23 year olds playing in the U21 Championships in Holland.

Turns out as long as your under 21 at the start of qualifying your allowed to play the tournament till it's conclusion.

Same rules apply here I reckon.

I decided to have a dig around after finding out we had 23 year olds playing in the U21 Championships in Holland.

Turns out as long as your under 21 at the start of qualifying your allowed to play the tournament till it's conclusion.

Same rules apply here I reckon.

I believe this to be the case. :thumbup:

I suspect it's the fact that he turned 17 not too long ago that has caused some confusion. :thumbup:

Actually made the mistake of thinking he was 18 recently. Hope with MM's spending ability, we can actually nurse these kids to become good seniors and not become lost in the process.

I can't see the benefit in them playing in such a nonsense tournament. In fact, I can't see how anyone benefits from an U-17 World Cup. Pointless.

Only if it's a straight knock out tournament :cool:

I can't see the benefit in them playing in such a nonsense tournament. In fact, I can't see how anyone benefits from an U-17 World Cup. Pointless.

It is so people like us on Football Forums can say that player X was in a FIFA one to watch list after their performances in said World Cup. :whistle:

It's good big match experience. But I'd guess that if Mattock had a choice between playing in front of 30,000 at the Walkers or in front of a few hundred people for the U 17s I'd guess he'd choose the former? :dunno:

This is promising although Chambers and Mattock will probably be included in England squads up to under 19 as long as they are fit. If they manage to make it into an under 21 squad in the future then we will have a couple of gems on our hands.

Archived