Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chairman of the Bored

Deep Freeze is Back

In the pictures I saw of first day training I hardly recognised him. He looks much thinner and he was leading the pack of joggers...hard to believe I know. Maybe he'll improve, he just needs to sort his heading out because for a big guy like him he's terrible.

And that video just made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. 4 goals and one with his head? :o WTF is going on, that's not De Vries >_>

He was one of hardly any players that wanted to wear the blue shirt in the 05/06 season. I think he wants to work his hardest and i think he's proving that by his commitment towards training keep De Vries, i think and hope he could be a vital part to our season.

OMG get that man back in the team!Who do you think was our star player before the start of last season?

How anyone can use the term 'star player' after last season is beyond me. In fact if you go back a year you'll find that I was telling everyone we were relegation candidates.

Iain Hume may have scored 12 or 14 goals last season but it doesn't make him any good can't even get a game for Canada lol He is so over rated by the Leicester masses it is laughable.

How anyone can use the term 'star player' after last season is beyond me. In fact if you go back a year you'll find that I was telling everyone we were relegation candidates.

Iain Hume may have scored 12 or 14 goals last season but it doesn't make him any good can't even get a game for Canada lol He is so over rated by the Leicester masses it is laughable.

I read a number of your posts before joining the forum today. It seems that you believe Stephen Hughes has more ability then Iain Hume which I find incredible.

Iain Hume played the largest part in ensuring Leicester would remain in the Championship this season. He scored fourteen goals and made more, while on the pitch he was a source of ceaseless energy and inspiration. I watched every match that Stephen played in and am compelled to say that he most dreadful in almost all of them.

I wonder how you can explain that while Iain is "over-rated" he has been offered not just a new contract but an improved contract whereas Stephen is being off-loaded at a bargain price to anyone prepared to take him.

I read a number of your posts before joining the forum today. It seems that you believe Stephen Hughes has more ability then Iain Hume which I find incredible.

Iain Hume played the largest part in ensuring Leicester would remain in the Championship this season. He scored fourteen goals and made more, while on the pitch he was a source of ceaseless energy and inspiration. I watched every match that Stephen played in and am compelled to say that he most dreadful in almost all of them.

I wonder how you can explain that while Iain is "over-rated" he has been offered not just a new contract but an improved contract whereas Stephen is being off-loaded at a bargain price to anyone prepared to take him.

Oh f'ck off you wart encrusted arse crack, if you are going to take the time and effort to sort out a multi, at least make it a good one.

2/10

heres a clip of MDV scoring 4 goals on his debut at hearts

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YdqM72cD-QY

The commentary is slightly classier than the goals, unfortunately.

I remember MDV making his debut at the walkers....he ended up on the right wing for about ten minutes, though I do remember witnessing some his first touches which were awsome in that game, I thought, 'hello?!' who's this lad? he's bleedin great..... And then didn't think that again.

Nice fella though, ten out of ten for effort.

wish I could be more positive,

N.

To be fair, his goalscoring record at Hearts was very good.

(League)

02/03 Season- 29(3) 15

03/04 Season- 26(5) 13

Around a goal every other start is not bad at all. I have a bit of faith in him to break into the team just so long as he keeps working hard.

While were at it, lets get Lee Morris back, he's just helped Yeovil win promotion.

Erm, I think not. I seem to remember Blackpool beating Yo-evil in the POF. I think that's why we're playing Blackpool on the 11th August.

On the other hand, he did look good(ish) at that level. Not that I want him back, mind.

The problem with De vries was he couldn't run or jump, and he missed a hell of a lot of chances, cardiff in the last minute 6 yards out always sticks out.

Hes got a quality first though, most of the time anyway. Maybe if he could improve his pace and agility and have a little more composure in front of goal, he could be a decent striker for us.

MDV and Hammon up front. awesome....

Oh f'ck off you wart encrusted arse crack, if you are going to take the time and effort to sort out a multi, at least make it a good one.

2/10

It would seem most evident that you are unable to justify your diatribe though you appear to be able to wield expletives finer than you can craft a sentence. I fear that I will have a more illuminating discussion with one of the rocks on Dartmoor. Good day to you, Sir.

what about sappleton

Ah yes, I forgot Sappleton.... :unsure: though i really doubt his presence is going to make much difference to what i've already said! I can't see him being used too often (reserves mostly i'd imagine) so it still leaves us with a shortage of strikers meaning MDV could still have a place in the squad if he improves his final touch, pace and agility :dunno:

hmm Barton loves Stephen Hughes who is a former Scotland U21 international but berates Hume who turned his back on scotland...

coincidence? :dunno::whistle:

Hmmm Iain Hume who can't get a game for Canada, yip everyone north of the wall is gutted he was never selected for Scotland :rolleyes:

For the record I don't berate Hume, I berate the numbskulls on here who make him out to be some kind of star. For someone so mediocre he doesn't half get built up.

Hmmm Iain Hume who can't get a game for Canada, yip everyone north of the wall is gutted he was never selected for Scotland :rolleyes:

For the record I don't berate Hume, I berate the numbskulls on here who make him out to be some kind of star. For someone so mediocre he doesn't half get built up.

Barton, he may be average, but it cannot be denied that he scored 14 goals in an extremely poor side.

Could he of scored a few more in a better team? Could he of scored more alongside a better striker? Yes to both i think.

And yes, we all know he puts in 100% effort.

He could be an extremely useful player in this division Barton.

And you know it.

It just doesnt make an sense at all. We pay most of his wages but send him out on loan for 18 months where by and large he either sits on his fat ar$e or comes on to do fook all and now we are forced to have him back and some people ar almost delighted!! Lets waste him for 2 years and have him back now we are in a position to have better strikers!!

I think MA and MM are doing a great job but I think its about time we started humiliating the players we have on the list somehow in a Guantanamo Bay style effort f need be to get these lazy sods off ou wage bill!!! (Maybe a little harsh :unsure: )Whilst MA has done great in bringing in players with the promise of more I really think that he should try to distance some of these reserve players that he doesnt want like Hughes, Rab and the rest so they vcan think that there position within the club is untenable. I`d sling MDV to the list because he has shown in the last 2 seasons that he would rather warm the bench for some pony Dutch side and earn a wage in comfort than dig his heels in and lose weight and impress for us. Losing weight and trying now is too little too late for me as he should have had the mindset to do this before.

Punt him out FFS and move on!!

It just doesnt make an sense at all. We pay most of his wages but send him out on loan for 18 months where by and large he either sits on his fat ar$e or comes on to do fook all and now we are forced to have him back and some people ar almost delighted!! Lets waste him for 2 years and have him back now we are in a position to have better strikers!!

I think MA and MM are doing a great job but I think its about time we started humiliating the players we have on the list somehow in a Guantanamo Bay style effort f need be to get these lazy sods off ou wage bill!!! (Maybe a little harsh :unsure: )Whilst MA has done great in bringing in players with the promise of more I really think that he should try to distance some of these reserve players that he doesnt want like Hughes, Rab and the rest so they vcan think that there position within the club is untenable. I`d sling MDV to the list because he has shown in the last 2 seasons that he would rather warm the bench for some pony Dutch side and earn a wage in comfort than dig his heels in and lose weight and impress for us. Losing weight and trying now is too little too late for me as he should have had the mindset to do this before.

Punt him out FFS and move on!!

I just think that his loan was maybe more to do the Rob Kelly?

Just a thought?

That sir deserves a thread all of it's own..............

We are a fickle lot I agree. I for one would like to see him given another chance, I wont forget what he did to spurs in the cup - that was the highlight of a crap season. A bit more of that and he will be come a favorite with the fans. Maybe MA has a system in mind that will play to his strengths.

Barton, he may be average, but it cannot be denied that he scored 14 goals in an extremely poor side.

Could he of scored a few more in a better team? Could he of scored more alongside a better striker? Yes to both i think.

And yes, we all know he puts in 100% effort.

He could be an extremely useful player in this division Barton.

And you know it.

Here we have another one missing the point. Iain Hume is a lower level championship player at best, get over it, but why do LCFC fans feel the need to promote him as some kind of world beater? In 5 years he'll be held in the same regard as Phil Gee.

Here we have another one missing the point. Iain Hume is a lower level championship player at best, get over it, but why do LCFC fans feel the need to promote him as some kind of world beater? In 5 years he'll be held in the same regard as Phil Gee.

No im not missing the point Barton, you are.

Im not promoting Hume at all, all i said was that he can be a good player at this level.

Look at the stats - 14 goals - shit team.

Im not building him up, in fact all im sayin is hes not as bad as you make out.

In my previous post did i anywhere suggest he was a world beater Barton? No.

Decent player for this level, end of (non-existant) argument.

Archived