Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chairman of the Bored

Deep Freeze is Back

According to MD in the Sporting Blue, that is. The Big Lump has lost 3/4 stone, which means he's still probably 2 stone over weight.

But hang on, could he turn out to be a great?

I cling to the hope that MDV will come good like I cling to the hope that pints of lager and chocolate eclairs will help me lose weight.

I wish him well - had he been fit, it might have worked. But he's left the Last Chance Saloon, hopped into the No Hope Taxi and is probably destined for either a Dutch team with an unpronouncable name (MFI Gróóóbag etc), or whoever Craig Levein manages these days.

I cling to the hope that MDV will come good like I cling to the hope that pints of lager and chocolate eclairs will help me lose weight.

I wish him well - had he been fit, it might have worked. But he's left the Last Chance Saloon, hopped into the No Hope Taxi and is probably destined for either a Dutch team with an unpronouncable name (MFI Gróóóbag etc), or whoever Craig Levein manages these days.

and he won't be in the first team!

I was still hoping that it could work out for him here... and maybe it just might, I mean if we don't sign any more strikers we only have Hume(hopefully used as an attackin mid), Fryatt(starter for sure), Cort(starter if fit i'd imagine) and Dodds( :dunno: Who knows where dodds is concerned?), so MDV may still be needed if his pre-season goes well. He is still training with the rest of the squad isn't he??

I was still hoping that it could work out for him here... and maybe it just might, I mean if we don't sign any more strikers we only have Hume(hopefully used as an attackin mid), Fryatt(starter for sure), Cort(starter if fit i'd imagine) and Dodds( :dunno: Who knows where dodds is concerned?), so MDV may still be needed if his pre-season goes well. He is still training with the rest of the squad isn't he??

what about sappleton

What exactly does it say about him? Any more detail?

I'm starting to wonder whether anyone'll be thick enough to go in for him.

Well he has a better record for us than Fryatt. In my opinion some of the stick he got was overly harsh.

Maybe with a few stone off he will be able to jump now, I can see him staying here.

Well he has a better record for us than Fryatt. In my opinion some of the stick he got was overly harsh.

Maybe with a few stone off he will be able to jump now, I can see him staying here.

I agree.

He will never be a world beater (or a good header of the ball) but he was ours and he gave defenders some shit.

Hammond on the other hand gave us all shit.

Very true.

I personally could never have the heart to hammer him after he scored that last minute goal v Spurs! :thumbup:

Woah woah woah. The man is awful. He might be good for 5 goals a season but not with us!

If we dont sign at least one more decent striker before the season starts how the hell does MA or MM expect us to push for promotion?

It was overly harsh. He's always had potential, and he's scored some goals. MA could be the ideal manager for him, and he could certainly be a useful player. He ran the Spurs defence ragged that night- if we et that MDV then he'll be worth keeping.

even though I think MDV is a poor player, I would never boo a player wearing a leicester shirt (unless they didnt even try, or perhaps for non football reasons) and I really hope people dont jeer or boo if he does play, as it helps NOTHING. MDV would have no confidence, a vital goalscoring attribute, the rest of team would feel embarrassed, and I as a supporter feel ashamed that my fellow fans cannot offer positive support for a player who ,at the very least, always tried.

It was overly harsh. He's always had potential, and he's scored some goals. MA could be the ideal manager for him, and he could certainly be a useful player. He ran the Spurs defence ragged that night- if we et that MDV then he'll be worth keeping.

His performance in the spurs game was awesome, if we can get him to do that against championship defences then he could be the striker we have been waiting for. I know he scored plenty for Hearts he just hasnt been consistent for us. Maybe he has had a wake up call and MA is giving him one last chance???

I get the feeling Allen is very good at man management. He knows how to keep people happy. If you come back from your holiday and are told you're not needed you may feel like not trying your hardest in training. I bet a few players have lost weight but Allen's singled out MDV to try and keep him feeling like he's a part of the club. If you can keep players happy then it can only be good for the club because we may have to resort to using them if times get tough.

I think the award of player of the tournament to Fryatt happened a day or two after turning down an offer from Wolves for him. Coincidence possibly but I think there's a method behind his decisions. Of course it could've been given to Fryatt because he was the best player, I don't know?

A happy ship is a productive one usually so if we can have 30 odd players in a squad and only 2 or 3 unhappy ones then we'll be doing well.

I get the feeling Allen is very good at man management. He knows how to keep people happy. If you come back from your holiday and are told you're not needed you may feel like not trying your hardest in training. I bet a few players have lost weight but Allen's singled out MDV to try and keep him feeling like he's a part of the club. If you can keep players happy then it can only be good for the club because we may have to resort to using them if times get tough.

I think the award of player of the tournament to Fryatt happened a day or two after turning down an offer from Wolves for him. Coincidence possibly but I think there's a method behind his decisions. Of course it could've been given to Fryatt because he was the best player, I don't know?

A happy ship is a productive one usually so if we can have 30 odd players in a squad and only 2 or 3 unhappy ones then we'll be doing well.

I also thought that, Fryatt has ability but is a confidence player, maybe MA can get the best out of him after a recent run of bad luck.

Notice the training ground pictures from day 1? Who was running at the front looking pretty slim? MDV

Remember another Martin who purchased / inherited a bunch of misfits and got the best out of them? Not exactly the same situation but another good example of a managers ability to man manage.

Nice point, John. :thumbup:

I also thought that, Fryatt has ability but is a confidence player, maybe MA can get the best out of him after a recent run of bad luck.

Notice the training ground pictures from day 1? Who was running at the front looking pretty slim? MDV

Remember another Martin who purchased / inherited a bunch of misfits and got the best out of them? Not exactly the same situation but another good example of a managers ability to man manage.

Nice point, John. :thumbup:

From what I saw of training MDV was working hard and had got his head down. The other transfer listed players weren't kicking up a fuss, just small things like after finishing a dribbling drill Hughes and Maybury smashed their balls towards goal whereas everyone else just took their ball back to the starting position. I feel sorry for MDV because He's never been 100% right since joining us but I don't think anyone can doubt that he does care and tries to do well even if the ability isn't great.

I think you're right about MON too. Allen is all about man management, O'Neill was the same. Let the coaches coach and managers manage.

From what I saw of training MDV was working hard and had got his head down. The other transfer listed players weren't kicking up a fuss, just small things like after finishing a dribbling drill Hughes and Maybury smashed their balls towards goal whereas everyone else just took their ball back to the starting position. I feel sorry for MDV because He's never been 100% right since joining us but I don't think anyone can doubt that he does care and tries to do well even if the ability isn't great.

I think you're right about MON too. Allen is all about man management, O'Neill was the same. Let the coaches coach and managers manage.

I agree with that no end. The Blackpool/Sheff Wed games spring to mind, especially Blackpool where he captained the side I think?

You could tell he wanted to win and wanted to do well, whenever we got a corner he used to gesture to the crowd to up the noise and get behind the team, or just put his fist up to say 'come on, let's do this'

But yeah, he was shit. :cool:

I agree with that no end. The Blackpool/Sheff Wed games spring to mind, especially Blackpool where he captained the side I think?

You could tell he wanted to win and wanted to do well, whenever we got a corner he used to gesture to the crowd to up the noise and get behind the team, or just put his fist up to say 'come on, let's do this'

But yeah, he was shit. :cool:

I was talking to a mate of mine about some of MDV's celebrations in front of the Kop that season. Some of them were bordering on homoerotic especially the one in which he stood over Iain Hume and swung his arm around as if he was about to lasso him ;)

Sorry but where the fook has all the come from? :blink:

A few months ago we were queuing to burn him at the stake.....

Now we are contemplating keeping him? :unsure:

He has been sent out on loan twice for a reason. He never played for the team that finished bottom and scored about 5 goals all season.

He looked absolutely brilliant against Blackpool. He was then SH*T, was awesome against spurs, he was then SH*T after that.

2 good appearences and the rest were absolutely terrible.

I'll never forget those games where he was beaten to headers by people about 3 foot smaller than him.

HE WAS FOOKING SH*T!

MD singled him out as someone who had shaped up pre-pre-season (if you know what I mean) and that he was looking good. Hard to believe, I know....

Not for me it's not. MDV wasn't dropped he was sidelined, loaned out, totally isolated. No wonder he was demotivated.

I've no idea why but can imagine no reason to justify it.

As Babs and Hullfox remarked he had a better scoring record than Fryatt and while he was another who looked as awkward and clumsy as Hammond he was just the same in always being difficult for defenders to handle.

People assume he won't get in the team and the likelihood is they're right but I thought this was "clean slate" time and, as far as I am concerned, if he proves himself good enough he should have the same consideration as everyone else.

Even if he fails to make the team he should be shown some respect and goodwill like every other squad member.

All MDV's revitalisation shows to me is how piss poor Kelly was at getting the best out of people.

And considering how desperate we were for a centre-forward last season he was self-destructive too.

Even on a bad day MDV was harder for defenders to cope with than Horsfield.

Not for me it's not. MDV wasn't dropped he was sidelined, loaned out, totally isolated. No wonder he was demotivated.

I've no idea why but can imagine no reason to justify it.

As Babs and Hullfox remarked he had a better scoring record than Fryatt and while he was another who looked as awkward and clumsy as Hammond he was just the same in always being difficult for defenders to handle.

People assume he won't get in the team and the likelihood is they're right but I thought this was "clean slate" time and, as far as I am concerned, if he proves himself good enough he should have the same consideration as everyone else.

Even if he fails to make the team he should be shown some respect and goodwill like every other squad member.

All MDV's revitalisation shows to me is how piss poor Kelly was at getting the best out of people.

And considering how desperate we were for a centre-forward last season he was self-destructive too.

Even on a bad day MDV was harder for defenders to cope with than Horsfield.

Agreed, the advantage he had over elvis too was he put the ball in the back of the net 9 times in half a season too.

Archived