Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chairman of the Bored

Deep Freeze is Back

Pointless comparing Hume to Nugent, they are completely different types of player.

Personally, I think Hume is overrated but it's natural considering the absolute turd he's been playing with for 2 seasons. Anyone who puts effort in and performs reasonably well will obviously be held in a higher esteem than maybe they deserve. Irrespective of that however, Hume is definitely a better player than Barton gives him credit for, so what if he isn't selected for Canada's national team? Steve Bruce never got a game for England, it's a moot point.

Also, I think it'd fair cop for somebody to call Hughes shit, he was generally abysmal consistently for a season after a reasonably bright start. He was lightweight and slow and however well he could pass a ball, it didn't matter considering how often the midfield was non-existant. Adaptability is a key attribute in a player and he appeared to have none.

Barely any difference, this is why I find it hard to believe that people should think Hume should restrict his goalscoring ability in midfield. If I said that I thought Nugent should play in midfield for whatver team he eventually ends up at I'm sure 99% of you would laugh and ridicule.

Totally missing the point. Nugent doesn't possess the same qualities as Hume.

Are you a tool on purpose? Since when did 'masses' read 'Mickey'?

from what ive read in this thread you my friend are full of sh!t

hume is one of our best players & still young enough to make it hopefully with us at premiership level if we get there

Hume 44 appearances (6 as sub) 14 goals

Dave Nugent 47 appearances 1 as sub 17 goals

Including FA and League cups...

Stats from last season...

If Hume actually had the composure more often to finish in the box he would be a decent top half championship striker at least.

Although there, he has scored only 3 less than Nugent whos supposedly a much better striker. Odd.

Hume is a very good championship player IMO but david nugent has alot more potential which is what clubs seem to be paying for theses days.

I am backing nugent to go to somewhere in the prem & do the same as ashton did at west ham (& hopefully not get injured).

Although i also believe hume has the potential to make it in the prem i am sure nugent has the edge on him

You have an amazing ability Barton to be able to turn fact into an argument. There is no argument :frusty:

Is Iain Hume better than you give him credit for? Yes.

You have your reasons for disliking him, but he scored 14 goals in a shit team, and had he been in a better team, with better players, playing better football, he would have scored a lot more goals.

You cant argue with that Barton.

Some people think he is better than he is (me not being one of them, i think Fryatts better and i think there are better options out there), but what i said a minute ago is fact.

Get over it. :yawn:

I never said Iain Hume was bad and I don't dislike him which part of that is so hard to understand?

Just out of curiosity how can you say he would have scored more goals?

from what ive read in this thread you my friend are full of sh!t

hume is one of our best players & still young enough to make it hopefully with us at premiership level if we get there

Oh great another prepubescent wannabe :rolleyes:

I will never be your friend so please don't ever me as such again.

Iain Hume will never make a Premiership striker, get over it, it is not the end of the world.

Totally missing the point. Nugent doesn't possess the same qualities as Hume.

Which is just as well for Nugent because he'd never have played for England and wouldn't be on the verge of signing for a Premiership club.

Which is just as well for Nugent because he'd never have played for England and wouldn't be on the verge of signing for a Premiership club.

Well obviously, a striker can't be that good if people think he might be better off as a midfielder. For me he's not a striker. But anyway.

Well obviously, a striker can't be that good if people think he might be better off as a midfielder. For me he's not a striker. But anyway.

I am in a right argumentitive mood the day. But you are adding more fuel to the fire Fez, stand back there might be a blow back from some of them on here after that comment of yours.

Ala seconda punta come piaccono chiamarlo l'italiani. Come Mutu, un ragazzino che fa i gol per i vari Toni e Pazzini.

Alternatively, it suggests Chambers at right back and Kaabi on the wing?

Possibly, although everywhere I've looked has him down as a defender. I'd definitely like to see him tried on the right, but apparently his crossing isn't great.

And anyway, that still leaves a slot open for an attacking central midfielder.

Iain Hume will never make a Premiership striker, get over it, it is not the end of the world.

If a footballer was judged solely on attitude Iain Hume would be as good as I've seen at Leicester in 50 years.

From day one he's given his all and tried to earn every penny of his wages. He's a manager's dream. Whether in his best form or struggling a bit Iain Hume represents 100% enthusiasm and commitment.

As a striker I don't think 14 goals last season was a bad outcome in the circumstances because our creative potential from full-back, midfield, the right wing and one striker each week was the worst I have ever known at Leicester since my first visit in 1957.

But Hume, like Fryatt last year and Horsfield during his loan spell, has to be judged in today's circumstances and among today's players. And, three-year-contract or not, he'll have a fight on his hands.

I'm not going to criticise anyone on the basis of one or two training sessions. Players are often different on the training pitch compared to matchdays anyway.

But I will say this. Neither Hume nor any of the seniors, old or new, looked better than the young players on view today.

Hume, Fryatt, DeVries, Cort? On today's show I might have gone with Fryatt/DeVries - but Porter looked the most dangerous going forward.

Previously Fryatt won a training ground man of the tournament award so my point is there's no-one I can see with his place pencilled in. Not Hume nor anyone else.

Even before further inevitable signings, competition is far, far hotter than last season. Not because anyone's being especially brilliant. But because we don't have the duffers that held us back last year.

If a footballer was judged solely on attitude Iain Hume would be as good as I've seen at Leicester in 50 years.

Looks to be helping Gradel aswell. A couple of times today I saw him giving him tips, explaining when to pass and when to do his tricks.

your a fruitloop im guessing with very few friends you know next to nothing & no one especially you is qualified to say whether or not hume will make it any higher.

From day one he's given his all and tried to earn every penny of his wages. He's a manager's dream. Whether in his best form or struggling a bit Iain Hume represents 100% enthusiasm and commitment.

As a striker I don't think 14 goals last season was a bad outcome in the circumstances because our creative potential from full-back, midfield, the right wing and one striker each week was the worst I have ever known at Leicester since my first visit in 1957.

But Hume, like Fryatt last year and Horsfield during his loan spell, has to be judged in today's circumstances and among today's players. And, three-year-contract or not, he'll have a fight on his hands.

I'm not going to criticise anyone on the basis of one or two training sessions. Players are often different on the training pitch compared to matchdays anyway.

But I will say this. Neither Hume nor any of the seniors, old or new, looked better than the young players on view today.

Hume, Fryatt, DeVries, Cort? On today's show I might have gone with Fryatt/DeVries - but Porter looked the most dangerous going forward.

Previously Fryatt won a training ground man of the tournament award so my point is there's no-one I can see with his place pencilled in. Not Hume nor anyone else.

Even before further inevitable signings, competition is far, far hotter than last season. Not because anyone's being especially brilliant. But because we don't have the duffers that held us back last year.

Funny how some of those said duffers are still around but with a half decent set up they look like they are willing to be involved. No different to you me or anyone else who has a moronic boss or shabby work conditions.

Funny how some of those said duffers are still around but with a half decent set up they look like they are willing to be involved. No different to you me or anyone else who has a moronic boss or shabby work conditions.

You are right in some cases.

But I also count at least 7 of last season's first team choices who are no longer or not likely to be part of next season's set-up, perhaps a couple more depending on your viewpoint.

And that group has been replaced by at least as many players who are categorically going to be in contention.

You are right in some cases.

But I also count at least 7 of last season's first team choices who are no longer or not likely to be part of next season's set-up, perhaps a couple more depending on your viewpoint.

And that group has been replaced by at least as many players who are categorically going to be in contention.

Even those getting the bums rush are enjoying it more than last season and that is 100% factamundo :thumbup:

When they do go they will be in top shape and back with a spring in their step, a big well done to MA and the boys :thumbup:

I just think that his loan was maybe more to do the Rob Kelly?

Just a thought?

You are maybe right but a player should fight for his place when as experienced as MDV. Im not saying he is totally crap as he has a plus side but I think we as Leicester fans should not think of the club like it was 2 years ago or even a decade ago. Forget Lennon not coming back, forget the glory days under MON and forget the two or three seasons that Adams and Levein were forced on spending pennies to bring in nobodies. This is a new dawn for the club and the likes of MDV are yesterdays news and need to be punted out. I`d rather we played an unknown 17yo kid in Sappleton than go back to the old ways of MDV. Next thing we`ll get people wanting to give Rab Douglas a go and talks of Elvis`s blistering pace and him being our saviour!!!

Ship em out and move on people! :dunno:

You are maybe right but a player should fight for his place when as experienced as MDV. Im not saying he is totally crap as he has a plus side but I think we as Leicester fans should not think of the club like it was 2 years ago or even a decade ago. Forget Lennon not coming back, forget the glory days under MON and forget the two or three seasons that Adams and Levein were forced on spending pennies to bring in nobodies. This is a new dawn for the club and the likes of MDV are yesterdays news and need to be punted out. I`d rather we played an unknown 17yo kid in Sappleton than go back to the old ways of MDV. Next thing we`ll get people wanting to give Rab Douglas a go and talks of Elvis`s blistering pace and him being our saviour!!!

Ship em out and move on people! :dunno:

I doubt Sappleton is ahead of Odihiambo at this stage.

Archived