Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chairman of the Bored

Deep Freeze is Back

No im not missing the point Barton, you are.

Im not promoting Hume at all, all i said was that he can be a good player at this level.

Look at the stats - 14 goals - shit team.

Im not building him up, in fact all im sayin is hes not as bad as you make out.

In my previous post did i anywhere suggest he was a world beater Barton? No.

Decent player for this level, end of (non-existant) argument.

Woo hoo 14 goals, not sure why this is held up as some sort of shield of achievement :dunno:

Where have I made him out to be bad? All I have simply done is highlight the flaws of his game which illustrate why he has spent his career at Tranmere, also with the worst Leicester team for a generation and as a second stringer for Canada.

Woo hoo 14 goals, not sure why this is held up as some sort of shield of achievement :dunno:

Where have I made him out to be bad? All I have simply done is highlight the flaws of his game which illustrate why he has spent his career at Tranmere, also with the worst Leicester team for a generation and as a second stringer for Canada.

14 goals is reasonable.

Look at David Nugent - scored a few more goals, yet he is regarded as one of the best in the division, and can i also point out that his team did a lot better than ours!

And Barton, you are constantly making digs at Hume (for some reason, you may not like him whatever), but his contribution was valuable last season, no doubt.

He might have his flaws, but 14 goals in a dog shite team last season is decent going.

He alson gets assists which are valuable, and i bet he got more assists than Stephen Hughes.

I just think that his loan was maybe more to do the Rob Kelly?

Just a thought?

I'm not saying that Fryatt and Huuuuuume weren't good together towards the end of '05/'06, but MDV did just disappear to Holland at a time when he was our top scorer. Kelly just didn't seem to like anyone over 6ft.

We'll see one way or the other whether Hume is up to it this season because he'll have to fight for his place rather than strolling into a starting place every game. DJ Campbell is a fairly similar kind of player and it will be interesting to see whether one outshines the other if we do sign him.

On a side note, I always thought it was a shame Hume and de Vries never played together much because they seemed to complement each other quite well.

We'll see one way or the other whether Hume is up to it this season because he'll have to fight for his place rather than strolling into a starting place every game. DJ Campbell is a fairly similar kind of player and it will be interesting to see whether one outshines the other if we do sign him.

On a side note, I always thought it was a shame Hume and de Vries never played together much because they seemed to complement each other quite well.

Good point, Fez.

I am not overly keen on DJ coming to us, but if it does make Hume work harder for his place, then it may well be money well spent. And likewise for Campbell.

I think that 'big man, little man' force would work well and conversely would work with DJ too as he's about the same as Hume.

Deep freeze deserves a go, i think we should start him up front with Hume. I think Fryatt is awful and can't wait to see the back of him if he moves. He puts no effort in can't jump to head the ball and just looks lazy, even basically walks onto the pitch when he comes on as sub, he has no energy or enthusiasm.

Hopefully we’ll get a glimpse of De Vries in action this weekend. Personally I think he might become an extremely valuable player next season.

So good you had to say it twice :thumbup:

Well, before the edit anyway..

14 goals is reasonable.

Look at David Nugent - scored a few more goals, yet he is regarded as one of the best in the division, and can i also point out that his team did a lot better than ours!

And Barton, you are constantly making digs at Hume (for some reason, you may not like him whatever), but his contribution was valuable last season, no doubt.

He might have his flaws, but 14 goals in a dog shite team last season is decent going.

He alson gets assists which are valuable, and i bet he got more assists than Stephen Hughes.

What has that got to do anything? Seriously why bring that up?

Hughes is on the list for a reason because he failed to perform here, I know there are mitigating circumstances, but he didn't do it. people who say he is shit are making themselves look foolish, just as you are when you try to use his as some sort of stick to cyber beat me with.

David Nugent, senior English striker with a host of PL clubs after him, Iain Hume couldn't get a game against Guadeloupe :mellow:

What has that got to do anything? Seriously why bring that up?

Hughes is on the list for a reason because he failed to perform here, I know there are mitigating circumstances, but he didn't do it. people who say he is shit are making themselves look foolish, just as you are when you try to use his as some sort of stick to cyber beat me with.

David Nugent, senior English striker with a host of PL clubs after him, Iain Hume couldn't get a game against Guadeloupe :mellow:

I brought Steven Hughes into for the same reason you brought Iain Hume into a Mark de Vries thread.

Hughes blah blah blah dont really care about him, back to the point.

David Nugent yes, whats your point?

Iain Hume scored 4 less goals than Nugent this season in a much worse side, and he is being linked with PL clubs.

I dont think Hume is better than Nugent, but he is better than YOU give him credit for.

In a promotion winning team with a midfield, Hume could get 20 goals+

Why are people calling for de Vries to be back in the team?

Were you campaigning for his return last season when we were in dire need of inspiration?

Is it all because MA said he was in good shape?

Will being a couple of stones lighter improve his ball control?

Re draft his contract so it says we can chop him if he cant run 100 m in 12 seconds ahahaha. THEN he might get fit. Not sure where he's going to fit into Allens plans though with all these striker rumours.

Why are people calling for de Vries to be back in the team?

Were you campaigning for his return last season when we were in dire need of inspiration?

Is it all because MA said he was in good shape?

Will being a couple of stones lighter improve his ball control?

I was indeed, but then you'd expect that :thumbup:

I brought Steven Hughes into for the same reason you brought Iain Hume into a Mark de Vries thread.

Hughes blah blah blah dont really care about him, back to the point.

David Nugent yes, whats your point?

Iain Hume scored 4 less goals than Nugent this season in a much worse side, and he is being linked with PL clubs.

I dont think Hume is better than Nugent, but he is better than YOU give him credit for.

In a promotion winning team with a midfield, Hume could get 20 goals+

Oh please, when you get your head out of between Hume's legs and wipe that white dribble from your chin you we can have a proper discussion.

All I have stated is Hume is not the superstar he is made out to be by the masses, that is why he is where he is and has been for his career. Surrounded by better players with a bit more nouse than just running blind alleys he'll be just another LCFC forward.

David Nugent and Iain Hume being compared, please.

Oh please, when you get your head out of between Hume's legs and wipe that white dribble from your chin you we can have a proper discussion.

All I have stated is Hume is not the superstar he is made out to be by the masses, that is why he is where he is and has been for his career. Surrounded by better players with a bit more nouse than just running blind alleys he'll be just another LCFC forward.

David Nugent and Iain Hume being compared, please.

Haha Barton, you are an idiot.

How many times have i said that im not saying Hume is, like, World class or anything, ive just said he has the ability to be a good striker at this level.

But as usual your argument is flawed so you have to throw childish insults.

I would expect any less from you Barton, i really wouldnt.

Edit: yes you also mention being surrounded by better players. In this position, you cant help but improve, so he'll go onto become the world class striker that ive said he is in my posts :rolleyes::yawn:lol

Haha Barton, you are an idiot.

How many times have i said that im not saying Hume is, like, World class or anything, ive just said he has the ability to be a good striker at this level.

But as usual your argument is flawed so you have to throw childish insults.

I would expect any less from you Barton, i really wouldnt.

Edit: yes you also mention being surrounded by better players. In this position, you cant help but improve, so he'll go onto become the world class striker that ive said he is in my posts :rolleyes::yawn:lol

Are you a tool on purpose? Since when did 'masses' read 'Mickey'?

Are you a tool on purpose? Since when did 'masses' read 'Mickey'?

You have an amazing ability Barton to be able to turn fact into an argument. There is no argument :frusty:

Is Iain Hume better than you give him credit for? Yes.

You have your reasons for disliking him, but he scored 14 goals in a shit team, and had he been in a better team, with better players, playing better football, he would have scored a lot more goals.

You cant argue with that Barton.

Some people think he is better than he is (me not being one of them, i think Fryatts better and i think there are better options out there), but what i said a minute ago is fact.

Get over it. :yawn:

Hume 44 appearances (6 as sub) 14 goals

Dave Nugent 47 appearances 1 as sub 17 goals

Including FA and League cups...

Stats from last season...

If Hume actually had the composure more often to finish in the box he would be a decent top half championship striker at least.

Although there, he has scored only 3 less than Nugent whos supposedly a much better striker. Odd.

Hume 44 appearances (6 as sub) 14 goals

Dave Nugent 47 appearances 1 as sub 17 goals

Including FA and League cups...

Barely any difference, this is why I find it hard to believe that people should think Hume should restrict his goalscoring ability in midfield. If I said that I thought Nugent should play in midfield for whatver team he eventually ends up at I'm sure 99% of you would laugh and ridicule.

Archived